Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 631 of 828
Hi Everyone,

I have been following this forum for a while now.
I just have a quick question for those who had a variation for sewer peg out ($910).

Wisdom is asking me to pay for $910 variation for sewer peg out or WAE.
As per their email “We have applied for Waterboard Approval, however Sydney Waters Tap In system has returned a “No records found” result which generally indicates that this property is located in an early stage Sub-division and the new sewer is yet to be updated on Sydney Waters mapping system. This application will now need to be assessed by an Accredited Water Service Coordinators (WSC) and a Sewer Peg Out or Works as Executed (WAE) Plan will need to be obtained in order to process your plans accordingly. Once the Sewer Peg Out or WAE is completed, the application will be re-assessed.”

I sent a copy of Sewer Works As Executed Plan to Wisdom which was done by the developer.

However, Wisdom is still asking me to pay for $910 variation.
As per email “plumber have confirmed they can utilise the document, however the $910.00 will still be required to carry out the worked.”

I am just wondering if this is usually the case?
I just want make sure that I really need to pay for this variation before I send it back to them.

Thank you.
Yes, it’s usually the case if building in a new estate

wash32
Hi Everyone,

I have been following this forum for a while now.
I just have a quick question for those who had a variation for sewer peg out ($910).

Wisdom is asking me to pay for $910 variation for sewer peg out or WAE.
As per their email “We have applied for Waterboard Approval, however Sydney Waters Tap In system has returned a “No records found” result which generally indicates that this property is located in an early stage Sub-division and the new sewer is yet to be updated on Sydney Waters mapping system. This application will now need to be assessed by an Accredited Water Service Coordinators (WSC) and a Sewer Peg Out or Works as Executed (WAE) Plan will need to be obtained in order to process your plans accordingly. Once the Sewer Peg Out or WAE is completed, the application will be re-assessed.”

I sent a copy of Sewer Works As Executed Plan to Wisdom which was done by the developer.

However, Wisdom is still asking me to pay for $910 variation.
As per email “plumber have confirmed they can utilise the document, however the $910.00 will still be required to carry out the worked.”

I am just wondering if this is usually the case?
I just want make sure that I really need to pay for this variation before I send it back to them.

Thank you.

Hi Wash32,

Im in that battle at the moment!
What area are you building in?
Thanks MandM+4

Hi GLO,

Im building in Newpark Estate, Marsden Park.
Where about you? and how is the battle with this variation going?
Hi All - anyone have any experience with DA timings with Bayside Council?
GLO
Funk52
GLO
HI,

So exciting to see others have progress when I’m challenged every day to drive this build.

My question today is: who has had to increase their roof insulation to comply with Basix and at what cost? (Particularly 2 story builds, although the roofline doesn’t differ too much with single story builds anyways)

Thanks in advance.

I had to do this but I can't tell you how much for the roof only. It was $10k all up but this included upgraded insulation and sarking for the external walls plus some internal walls, double glazing on rear windows and stacker doors, and also insulation on some internal walls.
Thanks, that's quite a bit of upgrade costs for basix.

What location requires walls to have sarking?

From the quote it looks like all the external walls. Its this material:

https://www.bradfordinsulation.com.au/h ... -wall-wrap
lombieagle
doosra
Did u get timber or pvc shutters and how much do they charge per sqm?
lombieagle
[quote="amf139"]For those close to completion, have you had any contact with W's preferred supplier for shutters and blinds? It's just occurred to us that we are getting close(r) and haven't heard from anyone. We really don't want to be months in a house without window coverings.

We haven't got a completion date as yet, but our SS has stated he's got the last of the trades booked up until mid October. That will take us well over our 36 week contract....has anyone approached W about their longer than promised contract??
Hi, Wisdom use EHI who do shutters, blinds, curtains, security doors and fly screens. They are at head office canvas quarter. We found them reasonable priced and are willing to negotiate. You get a quote on the spot. There is no variation fees if you add their quote onto your contract price. Note there is a 8 week wait for shutters however they install items as they become ready. Contact your CSR to organise an appointment.

Hi doosra, timber https://ehiaustralia.com.au/products/ti ... lantation/

Not sure sqm price we were quoted $8k for 16 windows with 33 panels[/quote]Ahh bugga. Too late. If that's the price for timber, although I don't know sqm, it does sound like a pretty good price. My deposit is already down.

NickMutch

Hi Mickmuch,

I did DA thru Bayside earlier this year. Lodged 16/01 approved 10/04. They are pretty slow compared to other councils.

Bob
Bob the Bludger
NickMutch

Hi Mickmuch,

I did DA thru Bayside earlier this year. Lodged 16/01 approved 10/04. They are pretty slow compared to other councils.

Bob

Thanks Bob! Hopefully lodge by next weeks so it’s spproved by end of year..
We have received our hydraulic plan. Is this the right time to sign with a demo company and get demo approval for a KDR?
Yes would get quotes but don’t book knockdown until CDC/DA approval. Whichever one applies. If you still have a mortgage over the existing property regardless of how small you will still need their sign off also.
You should also apply for CDC demolition approval now also. The demo company can do that for you.
Manhattan52
Yes would get quotes but don’t book knockdown until CDC/DA approval. Whichever one applies. If you still have a mortgage over the existing property regardless of how small you will still need their sign off also.
You should also apply for CDC demolition approval now also. The demo company can do that for you.

Thank you Manhattan52

But to get demo approval, don’t we need to sign with demo company first?
One
Manhattan52

Thank you Manhattan52

Yes you accept the demo quote but don’t proceed with the actual demolition until approval
I meant previously don’t book demolition start date yet
Manhattan52
One
Manhattan52

Thank you Manhattan52

Yes you accept the demo quote but don’t proceed with the actual demolition until approval
I meant previously don’t book demolition start date yet

Thanks for the clarification 😊
I tend to have random build anxieties whilst feeding my babies overnight:

1) how deep is your fridge space and how much does your fridge stick out?

2) for those with laundry joinery (underbench dryer and washer), where are your power points and water connection points?

3) power point in vanity yay or nay? Hubby has to recharge clippers and shaver and also occasionally uses clippers whist charging. What is more annoying? To have visible power point, use clippers with vanity door open, is it dangerous to charge the clippers in vanity?

4) I want to store and charge the stick vacuum in the broom cupboard in the laundry, where should I place the powerpoint?

5) where do you store the vacuum cleaner (we are having a cantilevered staircase so no storage)

6) Robot vacuum users, where does yours live?

7) For those with increased ceiling heights, did you need to alter the height of your shower screens?

8 ) Light switch locations, are standard locations ok or should I go through and make sure they aren't behind doors etc?
becks81

2) for those with laundry joinery (underbench dryer and washer), where are your power points and water connection points?

3) power point in vanity yay or nay? Hubby has to recharge clippers and shaver and also occasionally uses clippers whist charging. What is more annoying? To have visible power point, use clippers with vanity door open, is it dangerous to charge the clippers in vanity?

4) I want to store and charge the stick vacuum in the broom cupboard in the laundry, where should I place the powerpoint?

5) where do you store the vacuum cleaner (we are having a cantilevered staircase so no storage)

1) Our space is 900mm deep, not sure how much fridge will stick out, but did give W the measurements of fridge to ensure it fits.

2) Power points for washer and dryer are underbench, not sure about position of the water connection, but since W have our model of our machines, a water connection point will be assumed... We also have a power point above the bench.

3) We have a power point in vanity on the side since it can't be too close to water source.

4) We thought of putting a power point in the WIL for vacuum but decided against it.

5) Plan to put one in the WIL.

Hope that helps.
One
becks81

1) Our space is 900mm deep, not sure how much fridge will stick out, but did give W the measurements of fridge to ensure it fits.

2) Power points for washer and dryer are underbench, not sure about position of the water connection, but since W have our model of our machines, a water connection point will be assumed... We also have a power point above the bench.

3) We have a power point in vanity on the side since it can't be too close to water source.

4) We thought of putting a power point in the WIL for vacuum but decided against it.

5) Plan to put one in the WIL.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, One! My fear is that I shouldn't assume that WH will have thought about all the practicalities. I must admit, my kitchen, colours and electrical consultants have all notified me of issues where they feel something needs to be adjusted or omitted due to logistical issues. My kitchen consultant has been AMAZING. They are human, as am I, so I feel it is naive to expect that everything will function perfectly after the build. I know I'm overthinking a lot of things but I would hate to move in and think "I wish I had changed that when I had the chance"
Hi,

What are everyone doing for stairs?

And are they having an open space below the stairs.

I'm keen on making it my comms room behind the fridge and under the stairs.

Thanks
GLO

becks81

7) For those with increased ceiling heights, did you need to alter the height of your shower screens?

8 ) Light switch locations, are standard locations ok or should I go through and make sure they aren't behind doors etc?

1) my fridge sticks out 8cm so not too bad, it's 65cm deep

2) the power point should be in the cabinet so you could just drill a hole between the barrier

3) I've got power points in cabinets as I plan to do LED strip lighting under bench

4) if you want the stick vacuum in the cabinet then you'll need to put a power point there.

5) we don't have much storage for vacuum cleaner as we have floating staircase. We'll probably put it in the linen cupboard in our laundry

6) not planning on robot vacuum

7) we didn't alter shower screen height. They don't go to ceiling anyway so should be fine as is.

I don't like light switches behind doors so I've avoided that too.

In kitchen upgrades, I have seen some of you change the default free standing Cook top oven to separate cook top and oven wondering why is it so ? Is it better to have them separate instead of a single unit?
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum