Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 624 of 828
champs2018
Tender and then appointments

That’s good. Thanks mate.

I wonder what do people do to save money at selections. I heard getting only the holes drilled of electrical and go for different tiles.

Has anyone done the kitchen outside wisdom? How much do you get back?
ASJ1981
MandM+4
ASJ1981
Hi becks81. We are expecting a credit for the home office. We opted not to have carpet here. I believe a credit will show up in the End Panel document.

You’ll get a credit if you aren’t having any flooring out there. Otherwise you will be charged for the new flooring in lieu of carpet. $50 per swim extra to lay standard sized tiles sounds about right.

Hi MandM+4, the standard is carpet in home office. We opted to have the main flooring extend to the home office as well. I believe the flooring was about $70 per sqm. So does that mean i should get a credit for for the difference?

We got the main flooring in our office but it was put in our tender so we just got the upgrade price in lieu of carpet. If you didn’t decide til your flooring appointment you may get the full charge from DL and then if so a credit for the carpet in your end panel

The cost will be similar if you go to large tile companies. Find a private tiler and cost will be heaps cheaper. My 90 x 90 are costing me about $60per sqm to lay through a family friend but when I enquired others it was about $80sqm. How much do DL charge ?
aaron2008
When we were shopping for tiles (timber look) , we found that DiL quote was quite close to the rest. We looked at Beaumont & CTM.

Also we learned that European tiles were expensive due to shipping cost only. There are low end tiles in European range as well but they are not popular with sellers in Australia because they are not worth the cost!

Labour charges are pretty much the same! they were around 75/sqm for timber look (last year this time).

Manhattan52
One
Manhattan52, how did you find out what your credit was?

Was sent a credit variation a few months after my appointment but I did have to ask for it

Thanks.

Who did you ask to get the variation? I contacted our CSR but no reply. I was hoping to get this prior to End Panel.
One
Manhattan52
One
Manhattan52, how did you find out what your credit was?

Was sent a credit variation a few months after my appointment but I did have to ask for it

Thanks.

Who did you ask to get the variation? I contacted our CSR but no reply. I was hoping to get this prior to End Panel.

I think my colours person arranged it for me
MandM+4
We got the main flooring in our office but it was put in our tender so we just got the upgrade price in lieu of carpet. If you didn’t decide til your flooring appointment you may get the full charge from DL and then if so a credit for the carpet in your end panel

We didn't decide until flooring appointment so yes, we were charged full price by DL. I have flagged it with my CSR and am expecting a credit back on my End Panel. I don't think it would be much though.
Did anyone get any surprise charges during construction?

A friend building with another big builder was telling me that they got charged $5K for temporary fences which was added very late. I then checked our tender and it seems to suggest temporary fencing is included, fingers crossed!
One

A friend building with another big builder was telling me that they got charged $5K for temporary fences which was added very late. I then checked our tender and it seems to suggest temporary fencing is included, fingers crossed!
Lots of surprises during construction however nothing in monetary terms. Temp fencing is included its stated in their tender.

lombieagle
One

Lots of surprises during construction however nothing in monetary terms. Temp fencing is included its stated in their tender.

That’s reassuring, financially anyway!

What were some of these surprises?
Anyone had a situation where they didn't have enough tiles to complete the job. My ensuite is around 95% complete but they don't have anymore tiles and potentially 3 month wait. Just waiting on update from SS but keen to hear from those who have experienced

ChizCake
aaron2008
We were at the landscaping appointment the other day and noticed considerable gap between the concrete and the brick lining at the alfresco. Anyone seen such gap? Please note we are going to tile the alfresco ourselves. From memory the brick and the concrete do not align either.

We have the same gap and was told the same by our SS, that it is all okay. We plan to put decking over though to extend the alfresco out. Not sure what they will do for tiling.
We had the same gap too. We were told they would fill it in with cement & then tile over... We are unsure if they actually did that before tiling but it seems ok...

doosra
Anyone had a situation where they didn't have enough tiles to complete the job. My ensuite is around 95% complete but they don't have anymore tiles and potentially 3 month wait. Just waiting on update from SS but keen to hear from those who have experienced

Doosra what tile is it? Maybe some past people on here that have completed may have some leftover?
Manhattan52
doosra

Doosra what tile is it? Maybe some past people on here that have completed may have some leftover?
Pearl Grey Gesso. Will be unlikely but u never know

https://www.dilorenzo.com.au/gesso/pearl-grey

aaron2008
@singalg navyLion - Area Manager called yday and offered us a walk through which we scheduled for 21st (friday).

He also will explain us the issue with the Gap. I have told him that we are looking for solution not explanation.

Will keep you posted.

that's great to hear! I hope it does get sorted out soon.
doosra
Manhattan52
doosra

Pearl Grey Gesso. Will be unlikely but u never know

https://www.dilorenzo.com.au/gesso/pearl-grey

That was the tile I almost selected...looks great

May I request some feedback on the atandard shower handrail given by wisdom..we didnt like the fact that the handrail has no option to rotate and the ones they had for upgrade weee not that great either. Also any good model that is good from reece helps us.. thanks
Hi,

As I’m in admin process now and I’m finding that I end up having a million more questions so I am prepared before every meeting but feel like the admin process is a painful waiting game.

I’m leaning on fellow members to help where they can.

Given the comments about tiles runnng out and a 3 month delay, does Wisdom let you source tiles elsewhere and credit you the tile allowance. Mine is $35psm on the Signature package.

Thanks in advance.
GLO
Hi,

As I’m in admin process now and I’m finding that I end up having a million more questions so I am prepared before every meeting but feel like the admin process is a painful waiting game.

Given the comments about tiles runnng out and a 3 month delay, does Wisdom let you source tiles elsewhere and credit you the tile allowance. Mine is $35psm on the Signature package.

Thanks in advance.

Not for wet areas due to waterproofing and warranty. Most of the times I'm sure you'll be fine. I have a feeling they stuffed up the tiling or cutting and now have no replacements.

GLO
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

No you can’t source bathroom tiles externally. You will find it’s fairly uncommon to run out. It’s just compounded by the fact Doosra has an imported tile and DL doesn’t have any in stock at their warehouse.
DL do stock some imported tiles in their warehouse but obviously not all colours or sizes.
Thanks Doosra and Manhattan52 for your replies.

I had just learnt that the alfresco tiling is not included. And with the intention to extend the alfresco by adding another slab, I’m looking for the value point. I’ve already added the pool by wisdom and going CDC (and making compromises to do so) so I can get my slab October/November 2018.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum