Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 623 of 828
Manhattan52
One
Manhattan52, how did you find out what your credit was?

Was sent a credit variation a few months after my appointment but I did have to ask for it

I had no idea there would be a credit. We are not getting carpet in the Home theatre, guest/study and 1st floor. Do these attract a credit? There is no rumpus in our plan.
singalg navyLion - Area Manager called yday and offered us a walk through which we scheduled for 21st (friday).

He also will explain us the issue with the Gap. I have told him that we are looking for solution not explanation.

Will keep you posted.
becks81
Manhattan52
One
Manhattan52, how did you find out what your credit was?

Was sent a credit variation a few months after my appointment but I did have to ask for it

I had no idea there would be a credit. We are not getting carpet in the Home theatre, guest/study and 1st floor. Do these attract a credit? There is no rumpus in our plan.

Hi becks81. We are expecting a credit for the home office. We opted not to have carpet here. I believe a credit will show up in the End Panel document.
manhattan52 - that is very expensive, how big is the rumpus? Labour charges for bigger tiles are always expensive but $103/sqm - WOW
Hello people.

I am reading my way through the thread and noted that the floor tiling is very expensive and a few people went elsewhere for tiles.

Any recommendations in the Sydney area?
ASJ1981
becks81
Manhattan52
[quote="One"]Manhattan52, how did you find out what your credit was?

Hi becks81. We are expecting a credit for the home office. We opted not to have carpet here. I believe a credit will show up in the End Panel document.[/quote]

You’ll get a credit if you aren’t having any flooring put there. Otherwise you will be charged for the new flooring in lieu of carpet. $50 per sqm extra to lay standard sized tiles sounds about right.

Carpet credits are not too much. For all carpet areas (where we are putting timber after handover) our credit was close to $ 4000.
aaron2008
@manhattan52 - that is very expensive, how big is the rumpus? Labour charges for bigger tiles are always expensive but $103/sqm - WOW

The labour is $150 in total and then extra glue etc You have to pay the price up to 450x450 and then again for the size of the tile of 1200x600. The rumpus size is 26m2.
MandM+4
ASJ1981
Hi becks81. We are expecting a credit for the home office. We opted not to have carpet here. I believe a credit will show up in the End Panel document.

You’ll get a credit if you aren’t having any flooring out there. Otherwise you will be charged for the new flooring in lieu of carpet. $50 per swim extra to lay standard sized tiles sounds about right.

Hi MandM+4, the standard is carpet in home office. We opted to have the main flooring extend to the home office as well. I believe the flooring was about $70 per sqm. So does that mean i should get a credit for for the difference?
Di Lorenzo are expensive but that's because they only sell Italian tiles so they're good quality. If you want nicer tiles at affordable price then get a credit for flooring and go find some tiles elsewhere. If you find tiles from Brazil, Spain, China, India etc they'll be half the price to start with and you could find a tiler who will be a lot cheaper labour wise.

If you go with wisdom you have convenience of it being completed at handover. For the Man39 ground floor credit, it's about 4.9k only and it's cost me about 18k tiles and labour included to do after handover so 13k more.

The tiles included are 450 x 450mm and I think there may be 500 x 500mm but not a large range. If you're okay to go 600 x 600mm you may actually find something for Di Lorenzo that aren't too much more to upgrade and that would probably be the most cost effective but we wanted bigger and have opted for 900 x 900mm tiles so doing it ourselves.
Rami_m
Hello people.

I am reading my way through the thread and noted that the floor tiling is very expensive and a few people went elsewhere for tiles.

ASJ1981
MandM+4
ASJ1981

You’ll get a credit if you aren’t having any flooring out there. Otherwise you will be charged for the new flooring in lieu of carpet. $50 per swim extra to lay standard sized tiles sounds about right.

Hi MandM+4, the standard is carpet in home office. We opted to have the main flooring extend to the home office as well. I believe the flooring was about $70 per sqm. So does that mean i should get a credit for for the difference?

For us we had to ask Wisdom for the credit, as DiL did not provide this.
So it went back to Wisdom Estimating for this.
doosra
Di Lorenzo are expensive but that's because they only sell Italian tiles so they're good quality. If you want nicer tiles at affordable price then get a credit for flooring and go find some tiles elsewhere. If you find tiles from Brazil, Spain, China, India etc they'll be half the price to start with and you could find a tiler who will be a lot cheaper labour wise.

If you go with wisdom you have convenience of it being completed at handover. For the Man39 ground floor credit, it's about 4.9k only and it's cost me about 18k tiles and labour included to do after handover so 13k more.

The tiles included are 450 x 450mm and I think there may be 500 x 500mm but not a large range. If you're okay to go 600 x 600mm you may actually find something for Di Lorenzo that aren't too much more to upgrade and that would probably be the most cost effective but we wanted bigger and have opted for 900 x 900mm tiles so doing it ourselves.
Rami_m
Hello people.

Thanks mate.

Yea I like large tiles too. Who did you go with? I Want to make sure I include them in the list when shopping around,
I went to Tile MegaMart but there's TFO and Tile Master are also options

Rami_m
doosra

Rami_m
Hello people.

Thanks mate.

Yea I like large tiles too. Who did you go with? I Want to make sure I include them in the list when shopping around,

When we were shopping for tiles (timber look) , we found that DiL quote was quite close to the rest. We looked at Beaumont & CTM.

Also we learned that European tiles were expensive due to shipping cost only. There are low end tiles in European range as well but they are not popular with sellers in Australia because they are not worth the cost!

Labour charges are pretty much the same! they were around 75/sqm for timber look (last year this time).
I was happy with DL tile costs as well as the laying charges. I have used that size before and knew what to expect
GLO
OMG Day 1 Colours appointments over.

I am so exhausted it’s ridiculous!

My wife and I are reviewing contracts as the $50K Designer upgrade doesn’t seem to give as much as you anticipate.

Well we finished our colours appointment as well yesterday! true that its so exhausting..
We were told that Wisdom need to get quotes from their vendors and then would be communicating to us on most of our upgrades. We did not go with $50k upgrade, just picking what we like than spending $50k.
How does it work, do you get a tender then go to appointments then they come up with a new figure?

We have some changes to the plan as the block is awkward so would like to know base cost first.
Rami_m
How does it work, do you get a tender then go to appointments then they come up with a new figure?

We have some changes to the plan as the block is awkward so would like to know base cost first.

Hey Rami, if it is structural change then get it done before you sign the tender..no matter what..once you sign the tender you need to pay $1500 for any structural change. Appointments are just for the internal and external upgrades of your choice..
champs2018
Rami_m

Hey Rami, if it is structural change then get it done before you sign the tender..no matter what..once you sign the tender you need to pay $1500 for any structural change. Appointments are just for the internal and external upgrades of your choice..

I am not at tender yet, just paid the 1500 last week. Do we sign the tender then go for appointments or appointments then tender?
Rami_m
champs2018
Rami_m

I am not at tender yet, just paid the 1500 last week. Do we sign the tender then go for appointments or appointments then tender?

Tender and then appointments
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum