Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 621 of 828
Can anyone share photos of timber steps to yard by Wisdom Landscaping?
One
Hi,

Just after opinions on having a downlight in the alcoves. We have one in the alcove in the hallway. Is it something difficult to install post handover or should we put in provision now?

We have an alcove in the dining room, upstairs living area and one in the home theatre. I just can’t remember if the display homes have downlights in them.
Hi One its better to do all electrical or atleast provisioning for the lower storey. You may not be able to do it in future even if u want to. I would suggest downlights for the hallway alcoves. We have them there.

I don’t know what you would need for your laundry would depend on your levels.
I need 4 steps for laundry so need to organise with landscapes concrete stairs.
This may change however as levels will have changed due to demolition. I was offered treated pine stairs however this would look cheap and random.[/quote]

Manhattan52 - I have same step down as you at Laundry. Not keen either on their pine steps (albeit concrete pad and bricked up to the steps) with pine handrails etc.

Does anyone have a photo of these pine steps ?
Does anyone have photos of alternatives they have installed.i
Stukip
This may change however as levels will have changed due to demolition. I was offered treated pine stairs however this would look cheap and random.

Manhattan52 - I have same step down as you at Laundry. Not keen either on their pine steps (albeit concrete pad and bricked up to the steps) with pine handrails etc.

Does anyone have photos of alternatives they have installed.i[/quote]

They are on the designer staircase website. External stairs tab.
One
Hi,

Just after opinions on having a downlight in the alcoves. We have one in the alcove in the hallway. Is it something difficult to install post handover or should we put in provision now?

We have an alcove in the dining room, upstairs living area and one in the home theatre. I just can’t remember if the display homes have downlights in them.

I would recommend downlights downstairs to be done with the builder. It is quite difficult to do the ground floor post handover. However, the top floor should be fine.

Good luck on your build!
Priyasuresh11
Hi guys,

Just wondering whether anyone used the same external tiles for the concrete stairs for the porch and in front of the laundry? Is so how ,any tiles would be required for 5 stairs?

Hi Priya, did you get an inspection report for progress payment after the slab was completed?
Stukip - We have steps in our landscaping.Steps with treated wood don't look out of place or cheap when laid with grass and pebbles. Another option is Herron Blocks
Stukip
This may change however as levels will have changed due to demolition. I was offered treated pine stairs however this would look cheap and random.

Does anyone have photos of alternatives they have installed.i[/quote]

Our original PA was for a merbau step, don’t know if this is pine or not.
becks81
Stukip

Our original PA was for a merbau step, don’t know if this is pine or not.[/quote]

Merbau is a hardwood - much better quality than pine.
But you will have to maintain it (ie coat annually)
ozmonkeyoy
becks81
Stukip

Our original PA was for a merbau step, don’t know if this is pine or not.

Merbau is a hardwood - much better quality than pine.
But you will have to maintain it (ie coat annually)[/quote]

Thanks Ozmonkeyoy! Why would they automatically put that on our plan and pine in others? We’ve swapped it out for concrete so we can tile it.
becks81
It’s not about what type of wood it is. On our plans and tender it has concrete and tiling. The tiling is already itemised as part of my Di lorenzo qoute. Now if you want concrete steps it has to be done by Wisdom landscaping instead.
What a Shame!

We have yet to hear from W about who will sand and screed the Alfresco gap. We are yet to see the gap in the plan!

We were quoted $2500 by W for alfresco tiling. We opted out because W landscaper thought we will be okay for timber deck. Council refused timber deck due to BAL rating. I am pretty sure $2500 std quote for alfresco tiling.

We want W to either show the gap in the contract or sand and screed the outdoor area so its ready for us to tile!

Also we are denied walk through even though according to our signed walk through are allowed. Our SS is quote busy and Head of Construction is passing the baton. Its very sad that we pay good 20% more than the other builders to get such worst service!!

Its been a month from our walk through request & 1 week since we flagged alfresco issue.

I have yet to see our tilling, where we paid $75/sqm for labour only! we have no idea how it is going.

As most of our issues are Contract Breach, we will now look at ombudsmen options.
Manhattan52
@becks81
It’s not about what type of wood it is. On our plans and tender it has concrete and tiling. The tiling is already itemised as part of my Di lorenzo qoute. Now if you want concrete steps it has to be done by Wisdom landscaping instead.

I don't think it's a hard and fast rule, we only got our PCV today to have our single additional step poured with the slab. But what I mean is, some of you have been quoted for pine, we weren't give a choice when it was part of landscaping. I enquired about concrete after we got our Landscape PA for timber and the landscape manager told me it should he "Homes" and then organised for my CSR to have a variation raised for it via Homes. We have now added it to our tiling. We hadn't factored it into our tender at all as we didn't realise we needed a step (thinking our land was flat enough to do without).
becks81
Manhattan52
@becks81

I don't think it's a hard and fast rule, we only got our PCV today to have our single additional step poured with the slab. But what I mean is, some of you have been quoted for pine, we weren't give a choice when it was part of landscaping. I enquired about concrete after we got our Landscape PA for timber and the landscape manager told me it should he "Homes" and then organised for my CSR to have a variation raised for it via Homes. We have now added it to our tiling. We hadn't factored it into our tender at all as we didn't realise we needed a step (thinking our land was flat enough to do without).

Not sure why things are different. Have had it as concrete steps on plans as part of slab for 16 months. It was included in my tiles appointment nearly 12 months ago.
Was told after CDC approval a few months ago that Homes no longer do the steps and landscapes do if you want concrete. That’s when they sent through the PCV from homes for the timber steps which I declined
Rocky1525
Priyasuresh11
Hi guys,

Just wondering whether anyone used the same external tiles for the concrete stairs for the porch and in front of the laundry? Is so how ,any tiles would be required for 5 stairs?

Hi Priya, did you get an inspection report for progress payment after the slab was completed?

Hi,

Inspection report? from whom?
Hi,

Is the laundry tub installation a mandatory item for the Interim occupation certificate? I'm planning to do that after handover. Anyone who knows about it please help me. Thanks in advance.
Manhattan52
becks81
Manhattan52
becks81

Not sure why things are different. Have had it as concrete steps on plans as part of slab for 16 months. It was included in my tiles appointment nearly 12 months ago.
Was told after CDC approval a few months ago that Homes no longer do the steps and landscapes do if you want concrete. That’s when they sent through the PCV from homes for the timber steps which I declined

becks81 have your plans been submitted yet to council?
Hi guys, received email from CSR today advising we have Developer Approval. She said she will now request Submission Plans for Council. How long do Submission Plans take? Just wondering....
ASJ1981
Hi guys, received email from CSR today advising we have Developer Approval. She said she will now request Submission Plans for Council. How long do Submission Plans take? Just wondering....

Mine took 3 weeks. I’m not sure if that’s typical or not. I would say could vary and be quicker depends on how many in the queue in front maybe.
Manhattan52
ASJ1981

Mine took 3 weeks. I’m not sure if that’s typical or not. I would say could vary and be quicker depends on how many in the queue in front maybe.

Thank you manhattan52. Is there anything i need to know/look out for on Submission Plans? I was told they would provide me with a copy first before submitting to Council.

I probably need to worry about the final constructions plans instead?
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum