Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 616 of 828
Manhattan52
Probably bricks for me. Spent an extra $18k. I actually thought my hydraulics would be a lot more than they were for what we were doing

We are worried about Hydraulics. We have a 25k provision.

Our electrical came to 14k today. Sentinel about 4k. Aircon 10k.

Bricks we are going with PGH Pewter so i expect that to be a bit as well. I hope not 18k tho!!
Priyasuresh11
Priyasuresh11
singalg
Hi everyone, one question on insurance. Peeps who have moved into their *new* houses - do you take your insurance on house after the handover or even during the build process?

I believe we need to have one after handover for mortgage purpose, but not while construction as the builder has one.

Thanks priyasuresh11.
stevezau
Manhattan52
Probably bricks for me. Spent an extra $18k. I actually thought my hydraulics would be a lot more than they were for what we were doing

Bricks we are going with PGH Pewter so i expect that to be a bit as well. I hope not 18k tho!!

What did you spec for the electrical/sentinel?

MandM+4
singalg
Hi everyone, one question on insurance. Peeps who have moved into their *new* houses - do you take your insurance on house after the handover or even during the build process?

Your bank will probably require your insurance certificate to release your cheque for handover. You can date it from the handover date.

Thanks Mandm+4!
Chompy
stevezau
Manhattan52

What did you spec for the electrical/sentinel?

Half of it is 65 extra downlights. 25 extra power points, 7 cat 6 etc. Other half is just all the extra stuff we wanted such as external sensor lights etc.

We will pull back on some of it as 14k is probably a bit too much. Haven't done the kitchen yet

Sentinel, i did wiring for speakers in media, alfresco. Wiring for CCTV (ill do the install myself), wiring for intercom (ill also do the install), extra zones and pet sensor for alarm, home hub enclosure and other bits and pieces.
stevezau
One
Staining of doors and stairs. I didn't realise staining was an extra!
Two-tone kitchen. I thought since we pay for different materials for top and bottom cabinets anyway, I didn't think we had to pay an extra fee as well.

I thought two-tone was included in Live Boldly? How much was your kitchen appt?

Not included in ours
22K.
One
stevezau
One
Staining of doors and stairs. I didn't realise staining was an extra!
Two-tone kitchen. I thought since we pay for different materials for top and bottom cabinets anyway, I didn't think we had to pay an extra fee as well.

I thought two-tone was included in Live Boldly? How much was your kitchen appt?

Not included in ours
22K.

You don't have live boldly or you do but it was an upgrade on top of it?
stevezau

Two-tone not in our Live Boldly promo, so had to pay for it.
One
stevezau

Ah ok, strange you must have been on a very old one?
One
stevezau

Did you pick colours from the standard range?

Surprises: Toto toilet $12k and custom stairs $24k (we ticked NO).

We went with cat6a cabling.

Stevezau - we did downlights provisions except for hard to reach and wet areas and it brought the price to around $70 each. Hubby will install as they will just plug straight in. Plus we are getting some smart bulbs.

Not a huge expense but different laminate and stone throughout attracts a fee (much like the additional paint). Our appliances are also feeling like a sting when compared to what we could pay for them from Winning.
Does anyone have the price of a 1200mm shaving cabinet?
becks81

Stevezau - we did downlights provisions except for hard to reach and wet areas and it brought the price to around $70 each. Hubby will install as they will just plug straight in. Plus we are getting some smart bulbs.

Not a huge expense but different laminate and stone throughout attracts a fee (much like the additional paint). Our appliances are also feeling like a sting when compared to what we could pay for them from Winning.

I went with the provision, I’ll buy the lights and install myself. Also getting smart lights for some..

I am thinking to install the steamer and extra appliances post handover. They can’t be that hard to install.. surely

Of course we like the highest grade ceaserstone. We want to 40mm 2.1m by 1.6m. Not looking fw to that cost
stevezau
becks81

I went with the provision, I’ll buy the lights and install myself. Also getting smart lights for some..

I am thinking to install the steamer and extra appliances post handover. They can’t be that hard to install.. surely

Of course we like the highest grade ceaserstone. We want to 40mm 2.1m by 1.6m. Not looking fw to that cost

About $12k
becks81
stevezau
becks81

About $12k
/quote]

12k for the ceaserstone?!
stevezau
becks81
stevezau

About $12k
/quote]

12k for the ceaserstone?!

Yup, white Attica. Another one we decided not to tick
not in love with any of the supernaturals enough to pay that much.

I know it’s a project Home but they do market themselves at the bespoke end of the project Home spectrum. Sometimes I get the impression the prices are so high to discourage you from choosing the more difficult jobs.
Oh, we def won’t be spending 12k on top.

What did you pick in the end? How much ?
MandM+4
One
stevezau

Did you pick colours from the standard range?

Yes, mostly and just standard Caesarstone.
becks81

I don't get why they charge additional to have different laminate. There must be a valid reason but I don't understand it. Is it because they have to do more paperwork (insert sarcasm)? Even that doesn't make sense. Wish I questioned it out of curiosity. We got charged as well, it wasn't hefty but enough for me to scratch my head! They should allow maybe up to two before charging... It would be like DL charging extra for having different tiles for each wet area, which I'm sure they dont do!

Our Electrical appointment seemed like a breeze BUT it was the one that had the most changes afterwards! All our downstairs power points and switches were upgraded to the Saturn range. It all added up. In the end I had to be practical so I changed all the power points that were hidden, to the standard. It saved us a few hundred!
One
Some questions on the cost of additional paint colours. My understanding is everyone gets one colour for "free", then each additional colour is $600. So for example, I choose colour A for downstairs, that's my free colour, if this colour continues on the wall of the stairs that leads until it reaches upstairs, that's still the same colour, so no charge. Then colour B for the rest of upstairs, that's $600 and colour C for woodwork colour throughout the house is another $600, so a total of $1200. Is that how you calculate it?

Should the wall on the side of the stairs be considered a feature wall since it's still the same colour as downstairs?

I also don't understand why the woodwork is charged as an additional colour. Isn't the sheen different for woodwork compared to wall paint anyway so different paint has to be ordered even if you stick with one colour throughout the house?

I found it extremely odd that for the doors etc it was an extra charge. As you mentioned doors need different paint anyway! Anywhere they can charge you for items your pretty forced to select. Unless your happy with white white white!
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum