Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 610 of 828
aaron2008
Yes, contact your CSO first.

Rules change all the time. When we were in admin it was a "Yes". Are you building at marsdens park? In that case Blacktown council are pretty easy with rules I heard.

Will check with CSO, yup gonna build in Marsden Park
Thought I would add some empty site photos. Sorry but can’t get the whole block in one shot

Manhattan52 wow nice! Let me know if you ever decide to subdivide lol

How is your admin going? Are you preparing for construction?
Kazi, I am also on Sig package, and have definitely paid $850 for the landscaping plan and I was told that it was mandatory for council requirements.
twolittlepeas
@Manhattan52 wow nice! Let me know if you ever decide to subdivide lol

How is your admin going? Are you preparing for construction?

Haha twolittlepeas will do!
Hopefully soon. Waiting on a few things first.
Need a post demo check and another site survey for construction plans to be drawn. Also waiting on revised draft end panel as there were a few very minor errors. I was very surprised as I have so many variations that I thought would be a lot more but just tiny things really.
singalg, thanks for correcting me. I was not really sure. I thought we accepted what was mandatory and any payment for this also included in the contract. We didn't then bother much in this probably
singalg
@Kazi, I am also on Sig package, and have definitely paid $850 for the landscaping plan and I was told that it was mandatory for council requirements.

Building Ambassador 41 Wisdom Homes

Slab 19 Mar 2018, Frame 20 Apr 2018, Bricks 04-31 May 2018, Gyprock 13-19 Jul 2018, Stairs 23-27 Jul 2018
stevezau
kingofnowhere
becks81
There is also no obligation for you to use WH to execute the plan either so unless you don't want their plan on your plans, I'm not sure why you wouldn't just let them do one for you.

As an aside, how strictly do you have to adhere to the plan for council to sign off at the end of the build?

just trying to look at my options WH charges 850 for the plan, just trying to see if the landscape plans can be done else where bit less.

I am meeting landscaping in 1hr to design our plans..

I'll let you know who we go with Wisdom. They might be ok

We had our appt today. 3 hours.

Our block is a bit tricky due to the slopes and retaining walls etc. I feel Wisdom understands what we need and will provide a decent design. They don't do full 3d designs like other companies but for us, that's probably fine.

It was interesting though. The plan is to have two designs. A simple design for the purpose of minimising CDC and hydraulics and a design we will use post build. Wisdom will come back post build and implement the first design. if that makes sense.
stevezau

Our block is a bit tricky due to the slopes and retaining walls etc. I feel Wisdom understands what we need and will provide a decent design. They don't do full 3d designs like other companies but for us, that's probably fine.

It was interesting though. The plan is to have two designs. A simple design for the purpose of minimising CDC and hydraulics and a design we will use post build. Wisdom will come back post build and implement the first design. if that makes sense.

WH will execute the simpler design is that what you mean?
kingofnowhere
stevezau

WH will execute the simpler design is that what you mean?

Yes, during the build the simpler design (AKA just mulch) so you are not stung on hydraulics.,
Construction plans signed off, hopefully not long to go now
I have to say, in my admin journey thus far, i am pretty happy with how efficient their service have been. I know when we were looking for builders late last year, WH didn't get a good wrap and have been known for really slow and painful admin process. However, since i have signed my Contract in January, their admin process must have had a huge overhaul, because i can't fault them even if i tried! Everyone's experiences are always going to be different, i know. Hopefully my build is as "smoothe" as my admin so far. I have a new CSR and she has been great, returns my emails on the same day, if not the next. I know a friend who is building with another reputable builder and she has to wait 3 weeks to get a reply or even an acknowledgment!

I did some amendments to my Electrical Plan and it was actioned within 24 hours. I did have to pay Admin Fee, but that's fine. I get why they charge and it is what it is. Even when we were dealing with our Colours Consultant back in the Selections stage, no request or question was too much and always a quick turnaround.

I just wanted to put it out there... and this post was in no way endorsed
ASJ1981
I have to say, in my admin journey thus far, i am pretty happy with how efficient their service have been. I know when we were looking for builders late last year, WH didn't get a good wrap and have been known for really slow and painful admin process. However, since i have signed my Contract in January, their admin process must have had a huge overhaul, because i can't fault them even if i tried! Everyone's experiences are always going to be different, i know. Hopefully my build is as "smoothe" as my admin so far. I have a new CSR and she has been great, returns my emails on the same day, if not the next. I know a friend who is building with another reputable builder and she has to wait 3 weeks to get a reply or even an acknowledgment!

I did some amendments to my Electrical Plan and it was actioned within 24 hours. I did have to pay Admin Fee, but that's fine. I get why they charge and it is what it is. Even when we were dealing with our Colours Consultant back in the Selections stage, no request or question was too much and always a quick turnaround.

Thanks for your balanced review. We have had a pretty smooth ride too, with the exception of a hiccup in communication in the beginning and a window that was in our tender in the morning and then removed by the same afternoon we signed the contract (didn't notice it was missing until after), we haven't had any major issues either. Emails are being answered within 24-72hours; same day for our CQ consultants. EHI have been attentive, Di Lorenzo met with my husband a second time as we forgot to go over our porch tile (is it assumed that you want all exterior tiles the same and we were too overwhelmed by the speed of the consult to remember). Our hydraulics was delayed by 2 weeks because our CSR didn't know we had already signed the plan on the same day as our consult (our landscape guy did this especially to help reduce waiting time but I guess it backfired), hopefully 2 weeks is nothing in the grand scheme, but I will be a little annoyed if it is the difference between starting before or after Christmas.

My words of advice: if you are attending your tender presentation and then they send you away for lunch to make the necessary changes, do not assume the tender looks the same as the morning bar the changes. Go over it again as anything can happen. No question is too stupid, I've often wondered how annoying I am being to ask for clarification or reassurance again and again for a decision, but at the end of the day, it's my hard earned money and my emotional attachment to the home, I would be annoyed at myself if I didn't question something that was bugging me and it came back to bite me. Also don't assume your CSR has been notified of things along the way (chances are they have been), drop them an email to let them know.

Oh and if you can't find something on the Reece website, it doesn't mean it can't be sourced. Talk to a Reece consultant or your Colours Consultant to get the product info and code. We thought we wouldn't be able to get the toilet we wanted but they are actually able to supply it.
Has anyone received a quote from EHI and compared it to another company? Do they add the builders margin? Thanks!!
becks81
ASJ1981

Thanks for your balanced review. We have had a pretty smooth ride too, with the exception of a hiccup in communication never the beginning and a window that was in our tender in the morning and then removed by the same afternoon we signed the contract (didn't notice it was missing until after), we haven't had any major issues either. Emails are being answered within 24-72hours; same day for our CQ consultants. EHI have been attentive, Di Lorenzo met with my husband a second time as we forgot to go over our porch tile (is it assumed that you want all exterior tiles the same and we were too overwhelmed by the speed of the consult to remember). Our hydraulics was delayed by 2 weeks because our CSR didn't know we had already signed the plan on the same day as our consult (our landscape guy did this especially to help reduce waiting time but I guess it backfired), hopefully 2 weeks is nothing in the grand scheme, but I will be a little annoyed if it is the difference between starting before or after Christmas.

My words of advice: if you are attending your tender presentation and then they send you away for lunch to make the necessary changes, do not assume the tender looks the same as the morning bar the changes. Go over it again as anything can happen. No question is too stupid, I've often wondered how annoying I am being to ask for clarification or reassurance again and again for a decision, but at the end of the day, it's my hard earned money and my emotional attachment to the home, I would be annoyed at myself if I didn't question something that was bugging me and it came back to bite me. Also don't assume your CSR has been notified of things along the way (chances are they have been), drop them an email to let them know.

Oh and if you can't find something on the Reece website, it doesn't mean it can't be sourced. Talk to a Reece consultant or your Colours Consultant to get the product info and code. We thought we wouldn't be able to get the toilet we wanted but they are actually able to supply it.

Totally agree with you! I feel like i was being annoying with all the changes/amendments and questions I've made in the past - i was beginning to annoy myself too
. But it doesn't matter how much research or preparation you do before your appointments, there is always going to be something missed that you pick up after signing off.

If time is on your side (for us, we were waiting for land to register), i would wait till after registration or maybe a few weeks before to sign off on final quotes. If i knew i had a bit more time before signing final docs, i may have waited.

Communication is extremely important too. A quick heads up or email to your CSR won't hurt. I informed mine when our land registered, she probably already knew. But it's good to be on their radar (especially since it's been months since our last Admin communication whilst we wait for registration etc..)

I agree with you becks81. I question everything too and i would regret it if i don't. I do always turn to this forum though before i go and annoy my CSR, 9 our of 10 times you guys answer my question anyway. Sometimes i see my past posts/questions and i'm like "duh"
But it's a learning curve!
ASJ1981
becks81
ASJ1981

Thanks for your balanced review. We have had a pretty smooth ride too, with the exception of a hiccup in communication never the beginning and a window that was in our tender in the morning and then removed by the same afternoon we signed the contract (didn't notice it was missing until after), we haven't had any major issues either. Emails are being answered within 24-72hours; same day for our CQ consultants. EHI have been attentive, Di Lorenzo met with my husband a second time as we forgot to go over our porch tile (is it assumed that you want all exterior tiles the same and we were too overwhelmed by the speed of the consult to remember). Our hydraulics was delayed by 2 weeks because our CSR didn't know we had already signed the plan on the same day as our consult (our landscape guy did this especially to help reduce waiting time but I guess it backfired), hopefully 2 weeks is nothing in the grand scheme, but I will be a little annoyed if it is the difference between starting before or after Christmas.

Totally agree with you! I feel like i was being annoying with all the changes/amendments and questions I've made in the past - i was beginning to annoy myself too
. But it doesn't matter how much research or preparation you do before your appointments, there is always going to be something missed that you pick up after signing off.

If time is on your side (for us, we were waiting for land to register), i would wait till after registration or maybe a few weeks before to sign off on final quotes. If i knew i had a bit more time before signing final docs, i may have waited.

Communication is extremely important too. A quick heads up or email to your CSR won't hurt. I informed mine when our land registered, she probably already knew. But it's good to be on their radar (especially since it's been months since our last Admin communication whilst we wait for registration etc..)

I agree with you becks81. I question everything too and i would regret it if i don't. I do always turn to this forum though before i go and annoy my CSR, 9 our of 10 times you guys answer my question anyway. Sometimes i see my past posts/questions and i'm like "duh"

Agreed ASJ1981, this forum has been a godsend. Building is daunting. I've renovated so the terminology is not entirely unfamiliar but we have never built before. I've had quite a few "duh" moments too.
becks81
ASJ1981

You have me curious. What was this toilet you had to source?
ASJ1981
becks81
ASJ1981

We haven't had a great run so far. It took over 6 months from initial tender to get our contract signed.

Our main problems were going back and fw on the plans, things kept getting missed. Takes a few weeks each time. So you have to be on top of your game there. WH always made the changes and did what we asked though.

WH also miscalculated our FSR. We were off by 20sqm or so, so we had to cut it out of our house. They fessed up to the mistake and fixed it for us as a matter of priority. Drafting even came out to our house to meet us vs us having to go to them. Yes, they can be slow but once you escalate they do try to fix your problems rather then ignore them.
Glad it’s worked out for some. 😊

Lucky I haven’t posted my review yet. I have plenty to say and am sure mine won’t be as good as yours. 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
cazza70

Lucky I haven’t posted my review yet. I have plenty to say and am sure mine won’t be as good as yours. 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Sorry about that, Cazza70. Any words of wisdom or warnings on how to avoid the problems you’ve experienced?
cazza70

We didn’t enjoy our time with admin as well cazza70 but since our build commenced last month it’s moving along quickly. All up our admin was 12 months including 14 weeks in Council which is beyond their control.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum