Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 591 of 828
CS199
ChizCake
Hi all,

Haven’t posted in a while as progress has been slow and we’re now past our 30 week build period.

Things are looking up though and I’m hoping we’re no more than a month away from handover. SS says he’s aiming for end of August but who knows.

Few pics from today as we’re at the site regularly landscaping the rear (dual access block)..

Looks great

Can I ask a couple of questions.....
How big is the square set opening to butlers pantry....standard 800mm, did you consider puting a door there
The door next to main kitchen, does that lead to laundary

Hey CS199,

Opening is 1160mm. Didn’t consider a door as we have a third fridge right by the opening so it would have gotten in the way.

No access to the laundry from our kitchen.
ChizCake
CS199
ChizCake
Hi all,

Haven’t posted in a while as progress has been slow and we’re now past our 30 week build period.

Things are looking up though and I’m hoping we’re no more than a month away from handover. SS says he’s aiming for end of August but who knows.

Few pics from today as we’re at the site regularly landscaping the rear (dual access block)..

Looks great

How big is the square set opening to butlers pantry....standard 800mm, did you consider puting a door there

Hey CS199,

Opening is 1160mm. Didn’t consider a door as we have a third fridge right by the opening so it would have gotten in the way.

Howdy, Curious. What house design is this?
It’s the Manhattan 52.
ChizCake
CS199
ChizCake
Hi all,

Looks great

Hey CS199,

Thanks

This is what ours looks like, so we're debating whether to put a door on pantry on not......tempted now to leave it open as it lets sunlight in
Nice CS199, and very true. Our butlers is west facing so we opted to keep it open so it doesn’t get stuffy. Door has it’s pros though, as my two year old loves to make a mess of our pantry now. Door would have helped to keep him out.
ChizCake
Nice CS199, and very true. Our butlers is west facing so we opted to keep it open so it doesn’t get stuffy. Door has it’s pros though, as my two year old loves to make a mess of our pantry now. Door would have helped to keep him out.

Our kids are grown up so wont have the issue, but were thinking of putting a door so can hide all the mess in there when guests are over
ChizCake
Hi all,

How wide is the wndow in the pantry
CS199
ChizCake

Our kids are grown up so wont have the issue, but were thinking of putting a door so can hide all the mess in there when guests are over

Makes sense since guests will walk right past yours. A door wouldn’t break the bank either. Could get one of those doors with the translaminate glass panel so it still lets light in?

Our butlers window is 2700mm wide by 600mm high.
Happy Monday to us! Our land is registered... 3 months EARLY - i know, unheard of! But, yay to us!
ASJ1981
Happy Monday to us! Our land is registered... 3 months EARLY - i know, unheard of! But, yay to us!

Congrats! Another step closer!
ChizCake
ASJ1981

Congrats! Another step closer!

Thank you ChizCake! Took us by surprise, we were meant to register in November this year. So this is definitely a great surprise!
ASJ1981

Do i need to let my CSR know that our land has registered? Or should they have been notified by the developer (we have a house and land package).
You should. No harm to give a buzz
ASJ1981
ASJ1981

Do i need to let my CSR know that our land has registered? Or should they have been notified by the developer (we have a house and land package).

Building Ambassador 41 Wisdom Homes

Slab 19 Mar 2018, Frame 20 Apr 2018, Bricks 04-31 May 2018, Gyprock 13-19 Jul 2018, Stairs 23-27 Jul 2018
For those in construction, we encountered a Wisdom sales rep taking customers into our home yesterday. As we weren’t notified, my husband put a call into our CSR and was told that this isn’t allowed without owner’s permission and appreciated that we brought it to their attention. Had we been asked we would have been happy to say yes. For a second we thought our house was being broken into!
ASJ1981
Hi! I'm online! Never blogged before but I really needed a creative outlet to share my journey, ideas and experiences. I don't expect to get a lot of traffic, but I created this blog so I can have something to look back on after our build (like a visual online diary!) I love reading others blog builds too and realised there is so much to learn! I've learnt so much from what others have shared. The blogosphere is such a great platform for that! Link below! Thanks for passing by 😉😘

PS - best viewed on desktop, still learning how to use blogspot 😂

https://thewashingtonatnewpark.blogspot.com

Hey ASJ1981 thanks for sharing!! Do you mind if I ask which black cabinetry colour and finish you chose please?
ChizCake
For those in construction, we encountered a Wisdom sales rep taking customers into our home yesterday. As we weren’t notified, my husband put a call into our CSR and was told that this isn’t allowed without owner’s permission and appreciated that we brought it to their attention. Had we been asked we would have been happy to say yes. For a second we thought our house was being broken into!

ChizCake, when we enquired about building the Manhattan 52 three years ago, W did not have a display home and we were offered a viewing of a house that was being built in Castle Hill at the time. We didn't end up seeing it, but it would have been invaluable to see if we couldn't have visualised the 52. We were lucky that we could get a good feel for it after seeing the 44 Ens.
Hi guys, we’re wanting to build an extension to our alfresco - covered pergola, decking, in built bbq etc.

Has anyone done anything similar and have a builder they could recommend?

Thanks in advance!
We put a 9x4m alfresco extension on ours to wrap around the house and to join the pool
With the house. Wisdom is doing our and wisdom landscapes doing the built in BBQ with underbench glass fridges
Manhattan52
We put a 9x4m alfresco extension on ours to wrap around the house and to join the pool
With the house. Wisdom is doing our and wisdom landscapes doing the built in BBQ with underbench glass fridges

Thanks Manhattan52! How did you find they compared pricewise to other landscapers/builders?
Washington29
Manhattan52

Thanks Manhattan52! How did you find they compared pricewise to other landscapers/builders?

To be honest we didn’t get other quotes. We are happy with what Wisdom quoted and we only want one throat the choke so to speak when dealing with any issues.

Our external tiling and pool surrounds tiling is the same as our internal tiling except a rough finish. This makes it a more integrated look which is what I wanted.

I have no interest in dealing with trades and the mess associated after handover so as much as possible is being done by Wisdom
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum