Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 588 of 828
Hi,
What garage doors to Wisdom use?
Garage doors

Bnd.com.au
Steel-line.com.au (through another supplier)

As far as I know still current

Sorry don’t know what happened to the picture. Thankyou for your reply
MandM+4
MIM11
Hi all,
Has anyone build a Wisdom home where the bedroom windows that sit high and are long and skinny? Similar to the picture attached.
If so how do you find the natural light? I am concerned the room will be dark.

We have high windows in 3 of the bedrooms and our media room. They are still quite big windows. Don’t need to turn lights on during the day, even with a south facing window.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I was worried there will not be enough natural light for when my daughters doing homework etc.
GLO
MIM11
Hi all,
Has anyone build a Wisdom home where the bedroom windows that sit high and are long and skinny? Similar to the picture attached.

I cant see your picture, but I am having that in our master bedroom as well as the upstairs kids retreat (above the TV)
In both instances, there are large sliding doors or large windows that will add natural light.

Hi, sorry not sure what happened to the picture. Not very good at posting in this site. Thankyou for your reply.
Jenifermarie
GLO
Has anyone used solid colour bricks? Seem like more and more bricks are painted!?!?

Do the brick choices changed or are they always available?

We opted for solid bricks. Once I see a little thing that is wrong, I can never unsee it so any small chip on a painted brick would have annoyed me forever. Ours are Austral Freedom which are in the base range.

It was tough to pick with so few solid bricks choices unless we wanted to pay a fortune to upgrade but we’re really happy with how the colours have come out.

Building Wisdom Aspiration 31 at Willowdale
https://ourwillowdalehome.wordpress.com/
Wow JeniferMarie build looks to be coming together really well. I happened to see your latest blog updates. We are in week 17 and a bit behind as compared to your updates.
http://www.thecomingbackhome.com/Blog/

Hi All,

Our BASIX assessment requires us to have Low-e Glazing on some downstairs windows and sliding doors.

Comfort plus glazing to be exact which has applied lto the inside glass to stop UVF and heat build up.

Reviews I have seen suggest the product shows marks and dark spots even on the 'clear glass' option due to the coating on the inside.

Any comments or feedback welcome as need to accept variation or look for alternatives.
MandM+4
MIM11
Hi all,

We have high windows in 3 of the bedrooms and our media room. They are still quite big windows. Don’t need to turn lights on during the day, even with a south facing window.

Do you have a photo......
We are lock up stage now. For those who have built or close to finish. What's a good timeline from lock up to handover? I'm doing all flooring myself after handover so that should save some time but keen to hear people's experience.

doosra
We are lock up stage now. For those who have built or close to finish. What's a good timeline from lock up to handover? I'm doing all flooring myself after handover so that should save some time but keen to hear people's experience.

10 weeks for us from locked up to handover. That part of the build flew

MandM+4
doosra

That's what I like to hear. Assume that 10 weeks included flooring? Really if i think of what needs done: kitchen, bathroom, paint, rest of electrical and aircon and then glass balstrudes and hand rail for stairs and that's it.

doosra
MandM+4
doosra

That's what I like to hear. Assume that 10 weeks included flooring? Really if i think of what needs done: kitchen, bathroom, paint, rest of electrical and aircon and then glass balstrudes and hand rail for stairs and that's it.

The flooring was very quick, 2/3 days including refitting the skirting downstairs, so I wouldn’t count on that speeding things up by much

Stukip
Hi All,

Our BASIX assessment requires us to have Low-e Glazing on some downstairs windows and sliding doors.

Comfort plus glazing to be exact which has applied lto the inside glass to stop UVF and heat build up.

Reviews I have seen suggest the product shows marks and dark spots even on the 'clear glass' option due to the coating on the inside.

Any comments or feedback welcome as need to accept variation or look for alternatives.

Following with interest because we have the same requirements and had no idea about the markings.
Hi guys,

We're currently trying to decide on a driveway colour. We're mainly tossing up between gunmetal, bluestone or smokey black. Does anyone have any pics of these they could post?

Thanks!
This is gunmetal driveway. note still a bit dirty not yet cleaned properly
Washington29
Hi guys,

We're currently trying to decide on a driveway colour. We're mainly tossing up between gunmetal, bluestone or smokey black. Does anyone have any pics of these they could post?

Thanks!
Even the dark options looks lighter than it is in day time so our previous SS suggested to go for darkest. Charcoal looked really good in my neighbors driveway so we chose Charcoal.

Building Ambassador 41 Wisdom Homes

Slab 19 Mar 2018, Frame 20 Apr 2018, Bricks 04-31 May 2018, Gyprock 13-19 Jul 2018, Stairs 23-27 Jul 2018
Kazi
Washington29
Hi guys,

Thanks!

Even the dark options looks lighter than it is in day time so our previous SS suggested to go for darkest. Charcoal looked really good in my neighbors driveway so we chose Charcoal.

Slab 19 Mar 2018, Frame 20 Apr 2018, Bricks 04-31 May 2018, Gyprock 13-19 Jul 2018, Stairs 23-27 Jul 2018

Have got you a front-on view of that house in the pic?
becks81
Stukip
Hi All,

Following with interest because we have the same requirements and had no idea about the markings.

Alternative is double glazing... you are correct about low-E
ECOECO
becks81
Stukip
Hi All,

Alternative is double glazing... you are correct about low-E

Double glazing better?
I guess no prints

stevezau
Kazi
Washington29
Hi guys,

Thanks!

Have got you a front-on view of that house in the pic?
No I just have these few to find the difference of light grey/ grey and charcoal

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum