Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 580 of 828
Bobby1
Thanks Manhattan 52.
The build really comes down to your SS. The original SS up until 3 weeks ago IMO was the cause of our issues to date.
Clad we have a new SS who is very attentive, communication is great and has the same common goal to produce a great home as well as the customer enjoying the journey along the way.
Good to hear you are back on track. Totally agree with your comments regarding ss. I don't believe they get the support they need from wisdom management. I can see heaps of "low hanging fruit" initiatives that could be implemented to help us and them for easy wins.

Our slab went in yesterday! Great to be out of admin finally and have things moving along.

We are in a flood area (apparently there was a flood 20 years ago) and the slab is about a meter high around the house so i'm sure the neighbors appreciate that - my budget sure didn't.

Because of the slab height we had to lower the angle of the roof from 30 degrees back down to 22.5 degrees to get it through council but I still managed to keep the 2.7 and 2.5 floor heights.

jqcc0
Our slab went in yesterday! Great to be out of admin finally and have things moving along.

We are in a flood area (apparently there was a flood 20 years ago) and the slab is about a meter high around the house so i'm sure the neighbors appreciate that - my budget sure didn't.

Because of the slab height we had to lower the angle of the roof from 30 degrees back down to 22.5 degrees to get it through council but I still managed to keep the 2.7 and 2.5 floor heights.

Congrats on being out of Admin, such a great feeling. Your house is going to be so high, the fence is almost pointless and i'd be concerned with the lack of privacy
doosra
jqcc0

Congrats on being out of Admin, such a great feeling. Your house is going to be so high, the fence is almost pointless and i'd be concerned with the lack of privacy

Yeah, privacy is a bit of a concern but the design of the house mitigates most of the issues - e.g. we have the enclosed balcony off the master bedroom. I'll put additional fence extensions on the left hand side and the fence we put in on the right is 2.1m.

Really the only 2 windows that need something will be the kitchen splash-back and dining room. Hopefully a few strategically positioned trees or screens will do the job.
Hello everyone,
I am back after long. Our build has progressed till the bricks stage and I have also started blogging about our build journey. Please follow me on http://www.thecomingbackhome.com/Blog/ .

Me and my partner are so far ok with the whole progress.
There are a few minor concerns which I would like to vent out. W charged us quite a lot (about $3k) for site soil removal and leveling though I have not seen much of a level on the land. Wonder if anyone faced the same
I was happy with the quality of work so far except after the bricks I feel that everything has been a bit shabby and unclean .There are splashes on the windows too. Maybe I shall wait for the wash to happen.
We are in week 14 now and the roof has been installed. The Eaves work is in progress. Just sharing a latest pic.

Hope everyone is having a great progress with their builds and also happy with their move ins.

Hi again doosra
JeniferMarie
aaron2008
Jordann
Rocchet
MrsLlamas2016
http://www.thecomingbackhome.com/Blog/

spk_homebuild
Hello everyone,
I am back after long. Our build has progressed till the bricks stage and I have also started blogging about our build journey. Please follow me on http://www.thecomingbackhome.com/Blog/ .

There are a few minor concerns which I would like to vent out. W charged us quite a lot (about $3k) for site soil removal and leveling though I have not seen much of a level on the land. Wonder if anyone faced the same
I was happy with the quality of work so far except after the bricks I feel that everything has been a bit shabby and unclean .There are splashes on the windows too. Maybe I shall wait for the wash to happen.
We are in week 14 now and the roof has been installed. The Eaves work is in progress. Just sharing a latest pic.

Hope everyone is having a great progress with their builds and also happy with their move ins.

Hi again doosra
JeniferMarie
aaron2008
Jordann
Rocchet
MrsLlamas2016

Good to see the build progressing. Dont worry about the mortar splashes on window etc. That stuff should come off pretty easy. It gets dirty but wisdom tend to clean up the space from time to time so I've not worried about that at all

spk_homebuild
Hello everyone,

Hi again doosra
JeniferMarie
aaron2008
Jordann
Rocchet
MrsLlamas2016

Thanks for sharing! I was just reading your blog about a cold water point for the washing machine. Is it not standard to have this? I don’t think we asked for anything in particular, do I need to go back and request this?
spk_homebuild
Hello everyone,

Hi again doosra
JeniferMarie
aaron2008
Jordann
Rocchet
MrsLlamas2016

Welcome back! Don’t worry about the mess, wait until they get to render. The mess gets worse before it gets better! The acid clean happens around the same time the roof, guttering etc goes on and it will look much better after that. Main thing to look at after the clean is that the mortar is evenly spaced and if you look up the wall from the bottom to top that the mortar lines run straight up the wall.

We still have mortar on most of the windows, I think those will be cleaned up nearer the end. It’s pretty normal during the build. Once they get to gyprock you will get plaster on the inside of the windows too
it’s definitely not a tidy process!

Building Wisdom Aspiration 31 at Willowdale
https://ourwillowdalehome.wordpress.com/
becks81
spk_homebuild
Hello everyone,

Hi again doosra
JeniferMarie
aaron2008
Jordann
Rocchet
MrsLlamas2016

Thanks for sharing! I was just reading your blog about a cold water point for the washing machine. Is it not standard to have this? I don’t think we asked for anything in particular, do I need to go back and request this?

I asked this exact question of my SS and my CSI. I know there is minimum BAsixs requirements, but I don’t want to wash my clothes in recycled water. My SS assured me last week that W install a fresh water point in laundries.
becks81
spk_homebuild
Hello everyone,

Hi again doosra
JeniferMarie
aaron2008
Jordann
Rocchet
MrsLlamas2016

Hi becks81
Actually i found out from a few in this forum that after they moved in they just realised that the laundry was connected to rain water tank for basix requirements. We cross verified with the Csr during our plans and got it changed to cold water point. Not sure how is the situation now. But nevertheless have a chat with your SS

Jenifermarie
spk_homebuild
Hello everyone,

Hi again doosra
JeniferMarie
aaron2008
Jordann
Rocchet
MrsLlamas2016

Welcome back! Don’t worry about the mess, wait until they get to render. The mess gets worse before it gets better! The acid clean happens around the same time the roof, guttering etc goes on and it will look much better after that. Main thing to look at after the clean is that the mortar is evenly spaced and if you look up the wall from the bottom to top that the mortar lines run straight up the wall.

We still have mortar on most of the windows, I think those will be cleaned up nearer the end. It’s pretty normal during the build. Once they get to gyprock you will get plaster on the inside of the windows too
it’s definitely not a tidy process!

Building Wisdom Aspiration 31 at Willowdale
https://ourwillowdalehome.wordpress.com/
Thanks doosra and JeniferMarie .
I had a look at your blog and your pics look great. I am a bit releived about the end product.

amf139
becks81
spk_homebuild
Hello everyone,

Hi again doosra
JeniferMarie
aaron2008
Jordann
Rocchet
MrsLlamas2016

I asked this exact question of my SS and my CSI. I know there is minimum BAsixs requirements, but I don’t want to wash my clothes in recycled water. My SS assured me last week that W install a fresh water point in laundries.

Rainwater isn’t recycled water. I have lived on rainwater tanks for all water sources including drinking for years being on acreage and it’s keeps your clothes softer and they don’t fade as quick
My clothes actually wash better in this house than our old one
Also our water was off the other day and it was great being able to keep washing

Thanks M52. We have built before and are currently renting a brand new house, so I know about rainwater tank. When I said recycled, it comes down from the sky, hits trees, leaves, roofs and debris including bird and bat droppings off said roof.. I’ve seen the water that comes out of a tank.. I don’t like washing my clothes with it. I’m okay with flushing toilets with it, but there is sediment that flows through sometimes. I just wanted to ensure we had fresh water for our clothes.
amf139
Thanks M52. We have built before and are currently renting a brand new house, so I know about rainwater tank. When I said recycled, it comes down from the sky, hits trees, leaves, roofs and debris including bird and bat droppings off said roof.. I’ve seen the water that comes out of a tank.. I don’t like washing my clothes with it. I’m okay with flushing toilets with it, but there is sediment that flows through sometimes. I just wanted to ensure we had fresh water for our clothes.

No worries - I thought you meant recycled as in what some Sydney suburbs have for their external water being recycled grey water.

We have a 200,000 Ltr concrete tank and have never have sediment but we do have a sediment filter.
You have to specifically request a cold water point to where the washing machine will be if you want one. This costs $210. You still need the rainwater point though for BASIX. At least then you can choose to use one or the other.

Also if you want cold water points installed next to the toilets for electronic bidets (don't forget the powerpoints as well), make sure that the bidets you want to install meet the latest Australian standards in relation to backflow prevention. Wisdom tried to force me to install an RPZD backflow prevention device at $3k+ untill I provided documentation proving that the bidets I wanted to install were compliant.
Funk52
You have to specifically request a cold water point to where the washing machine will be if you want one. This costs $210. You still need the rainwater point though for BASIX. At least then you can choose to use one or the other.

Also if you want cold water points installed next to the toilets for electronic bidets (don't forget the powerpoints as well), make sure that the bidets you want to install meet the latest Australian standards in relation to backflow prevention. Wisdom tried to force me to install an RPZD backflow prevention device at $3k+ untill I provided documentation proving that the bidets I wanted to install were compliant.
Damn. So we didnt request cold water point for laundry so assume itll be coming from rainwater tank? What if theres no rain? I've never had this before so have no idea how it works

doosra
Funk52

Damn. So we didnt request cold water point for laundry so assume itll be coming from rainwater tank? What if theres no rain? I've never had this before so have no idea how it works

If your tank is empty it will switch over to normal mains water
amf139
becks81
spk_homebuild
Hello everyone,

Hi again doosra
JeniferMarie
aaron2008
Jordann
Rocchet
MrsLlamas2016

Now I’m confused, I checked with my kitchen consultant who checked with my CSR who confirmed that it will be rain water, so I’ve asked for a cold water point. Am I potentially going to have 2 cold water point (mains)?
spk_homebuild
becks81
spk_homebuild
Hello everyone,

Hi again doosra
JeniferMarie
aaron2008
Jordann
Rocchet
MrsLlamas2016

Hi becks81
Actually i found out from a few in this forum that after they moved in they just realised that the laundry was connected to rain water tank for basix requirements. We cross verified with the Csr during our plans and got it changed to cold water point. Not sure how is the situation now. But nevertheless have a chat with your SS

We are still in admin, just today I asked for a cold water point, I’m wondering if it will be in lieu of or in addition to the rain water point? I guess I should check with my CSR.

Wondering how many more small details will pop up over time, I wish there was a manual for this process. Having not built a house before, I don’t know what I don’t know! E.g. did not know I could upgrade my door stops, in fact, had no idea the house came with them as standard. No biggie but I’m glad I picked it up now and not at handover.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum