Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 561 of 828
Kazi
Hi GLO,
Yes I was after Haiku too. The timber look and black one are my favourites.

However, I would like to have fans in one of the bedrooms and upstair rumpus.

We should have had timber support for fans right? Does it mean fan can not installed in ground floor after handover with out provision done? Is it easy to install in first floor?
GLO
Kazi
Fan provision:
Did anyone request for a fan provision in construction stage? Is fan doable after handover in ground floor and first floor?

Building Ambassador 41 Wisdom Homes

See if you can get it added before your electrical installation. They will need power and maybe additional wiring if not using already accommodated for.

Anyone building in Bardia now.?

Yes cold water point is easily overlooked and really should be something WH ask if u need. I overlooked it but was able to put this in between production estimating stage and construction. No extra penalty fee thankfully.
Kazi
undermount rangehood:
if it is helpful:
We have been charged $640 solely for-

"Additional Lamiwood overhead cabinet to suit undermount rangehood: $640.00"

This is a separate cost just for additional cabinet material+labour.

2nd Gas point:
We also took the 2nd gas point in Alfresco for BBQ. However, for our home there is a 3rd point in butlers cooktop.

frige waterpoint:
We are regretting since we didn't ask for it. Did anyone try to include it in construction stage?

Fan provision:
Did anyone request for a fan provision in construction stage? Is fan doable after handover in ground floor and first floor?

Slab done 19 March 2018
Frame done 20 April 2018
Bricks done 31 May 2018

becks81
ozmonkeyoy
becks81
Obviously hard for you to comment and it seems like things have improved recently but if we have one redraft and give them a leeway of 4weeks for that, then whatever needs to occur for DA, I am imagining that the build will start in 6mo (best case).

So, do you think we will be spending Xmas in our new home or remain in our rental?
/quote]
We signed our contract in June 2016 (after signing the tender in March 2016) and they scraped our site in December 2016 and the slab went down in February 2017. The build finished in September 2017.

Whether timelines are similar these days, best to ask those more involved now - appears like admin is still the same, and construction period is longer these days. The longer construction period is not a bad thing in my view (yep frustrating during the process), but our build was super quick and now we are dealing with a number of ongoing issues post build. We are 9 months living in the house and still dealing with maintenance. Whether these issues (which are mainly installation errors) would have happened if the build wasn't as rushed, I don't know, but you would like to think they are less likely to happen if there is more time to do the job.

Hopefully Wisdom can keep on top of their trades and SS's and keep the end product high moving forward.

Our contract gives them 44 weeks. So I’m assuming our build is on the longer end of the spectrum.

I’m sorry you are still having problems, do you mind my asking what was installed incorrectly?

I've Pm'd you. Let me know if you don't get it.
becks81
I wonder if this sounds normal to all you seasoned Wisdom customers:

I ended up calling the showroom on Saturday just for some peace of mind and our sales rep actually tried to address some of the issues that have arisen from our tender/plans/ contract.

I followed up my email with a phone call to our CSR on Monday and was promised that they would look into everything and I would get a response to my email by COB. I didn’t receive a response, I don’t mind if things take time but an update or no promise would have been better.

I also have asked for confirmation of our deposit amount, which was wrong and the corrected amount also seems wrong. So I’m awaiting another reply.

I have also asked whether our issues will attract a penalty and have not received a response either. For example, our deleted window issue was given this response: “the missing bedroom will be corrected at your submission plans”... but I still don’t know if they will charge us for it, along with for example changing the fixed louvre panels to sliding, etc.

I do not want to take things further yet as I do not want to adversely affect our relationship with our CSR or WH but our more recent interactions have left me unsettled. What do you think?

Unfortunately this scenario was common to us as well during our admin experience. Questions unanswered, commitments not met and no communication as to the issues and when these would be resolved.
I understand that Mark from WH has contacted you, hope that it is more positive for you moving forward.
I think we get a water filter with our package, I am still thinking about the Zipp tap (despite all the bad feedback.....is it a case of only negative experiences end up being discussed?). Will this be an upgrade or do we just lose the filter and pay full price for the Zipp?

I still also have not got a good handle on ongoing expenses with either the supplied filter or the Zipp tap.
Flyscreens

Aluminium or fibreglass

Appreciate some opinions of those who have experienced either in their windows and doors as part of their W build.

Chompy
Flyscreens

Aluminium or fibreglass

Appreciate some opinions of those who have experienced either in their windows and doors as part of their W build.

My plan is to go aluminum for sliding doors, laundry door and potentially front door for security although I'd much prefer the look of the timber front door rather than a flyscreen covering it. I think I'll go fibreglass for windows or 2nd option would be aluminum all round downstairs for security and definitely fibreglass up top

doosra
Chompy
Flyscreens

Aluminium or fibreglass

My plan is to go aluminum for sliding doors, laundry door and potentially front door for security although I'd much prefer the look of the timber front door rather than a flyscreen covering it. I think I'll go fibreglass for windows or 2nd option would be aluminum all round downstairs for security and definitely fibreglass up top

Look up DecoView
They do decorative security doors. Its much more stronger than crimsafe style doors. Aluminum laser cut. Many designs available.

Building Ambassador 36 - Wisdom Homes
Hi everyone

My bank has requested an amended payment schedule from Wisdom. I am waiting to hear from my CSR, but am wondering if anyone has experienced this, and if so, was Wisdom was willing to change their payment schedule to meet the bank’s request?
twolittlepeas
Hi everyone

My bank has requested an amended payment schedule from Wisdom. I am waiting to hear from my CSR, but am wondering if anyone has experienced this, and if so, was Wisdom was willing to change their payment schedule to meet the bank’s request?

Is it because the fist slab payment is too high? If so yes they changed mine but I had to push for it. I thought they had changed it now because of that.
twolittlepeas
Hi everyone

Yep we went through that. Our first bank couldn’t come to an agreement despite Wisdom offering some alternate options (not significantly different, just moving 5% around in a few places). We ended up with CBA who were fine as long as the first two payment plus the deposit wasn’t more than 50% of the build.

Good luck, it caused us a bit of heartache. Hopefully you won’t have to go the lengths we did with changing banks and refinancing our land.

Building Wisdom Aspiration 31 at Willowdale
https://ourwillowdalehome.wordpress.com/
Jenifermarie
ozmonkeyoy
Try this again.

Toilet plumbing in office and under frames

Plumbing for upstairs in wall cavity under frames

Will have to speak to SS tomorrow to see rectification process but cutting the slab probably only choice and not happy about that.

It baffles me that they put the frames up anyway when it was so clearly wrong that there was plumbing under the frame. I hope it's a quick fix for you ozmonkeyoy. I know I've seen it on other builder threads before so you're definitely not alone.

ozmonkeyoy

Some of ours are like this too. Our friend is building with private builder and same thing. It mustn't be a huge issue. I will ask my SS on Friday when he calls me. It does seem weird
doosra
Yes cold water point is easily overlooked and really should be something WH ask if u need. I overlooked it but was able to put this in between production estimating stage and construction. No extra penalty fee thankfully.
Kazi
undermount rangehood:
if it is helpful:
We have been charged $640 solely for-

"Additional Lamiwood overhead cabinet to suit undermount rangehood: $640.00"

This is a separate cost just for additional cabinet material+labour.

2nd Gas point:
We also took the 2nd gas point in Alfresco for BBQ. However, for our home there is a 3rd point in butlers cooktop.

frige waterpoint:
We are regretting since we didn't ask for it. Did anyone try to include it in construction stage?

Fan provision:

Slab done 19 March 2018
Frame done 20 April 2018
Bricks done 31 May 2018

You can do fans no problem with single story. The electrician would need to run a extra cable I think. Triple check your quotes with kitchen I think I had 10 quotes before it was almost correct.
twolittlepeas
Hi everyone

Hi, we also had BIG issues with this. Wisdom wouldn't budge & neither would our bank (St George). We even took it to the top with the bank but after MONTHS of delays from both sides we had no choice but to refinance our land loan & move to Commonwealth Bank. They have been excellent with everything & a big help!
You might have to find another bank who is fine with Wisdoms payment schedule terms. Good luck!

Chinoandbebe
twolittlepeas
Hi everyone

Hi, we also had BIG issues with this. Wisdom wouldn't budge & neither would our bank (St George). We even took it to the top with the bank but after MONTHS of delays from both sides we had no choice but to refinance our land loan & move to Commonwealth Bank. They have been excellent with everything & a big help!
You might have to find another bank who is fine with Wisdoms payment schedule terms. Good luck!

We didn’t have any issues with the payment schedule. Our finance is through ANZ.
Hi Manhattan52

Thanks for your advise. I would imagine that every builder has their issues. We have three other friends and family members who are building at the moment with other builders and haven’t had issues like we have had with admin and are cheaper. However I would like to think Wisdom have a better end product, which I am reading which is a positive note. I can appreciate mistakes are made, but when it costs me time that’s when I get angry. Mistakes are made in drafting and because there is so many changes to fix has to go back to drafting 😩
Hi Manhattan52

Thanks for your advise. I would imagine that every builder has their issues. We have three other friends and family members who are building at the moment with other builders and haven’t had issues like we have had with admin and are cheaper. However I would like to think Wisdom have a better end product, which I am reading which is a positive note. I can appreciate mistakes are made, but when it costs me time that’s when I get angry. Mistakes are made in drafting and because there is so many changes to fix has to go back to drafting 😩
Jenifermarie
MIM11
Looks great! What colour did you use for your cladding and render?

Cladding is Tabby and the render is going to be Oil Shale which is a darker grey. It was hard finding greys that sat well with the brown bricks. Most looked really blue and clashed but I didn’t want anything really beige or brown.

Building Wisdom Aspiration 31 at Willowdale
https://ourwillowdalehome.wordpress.com/

Thankyou! Trying to pick bricks was harder than I expected!
MandM+4
MIM11
We’re only at tender stage and I’m feeling the disappointing admin side. It’s so frustrating having to go back to drafting and estimating each time, which take 4 weeks, when most of the changes were errros from drafting.
Hearing all these comments I’m starting to think maybe we should we abandon ship?

Tender/drafting stage is the most frustrating part of the process for most of us. Once you have signed contracts and get assigned a CSR you’ll feel much more in the loop and your file will progress faster. The house will be worth it in the end.

Hello
We’ve been assigned a CSR alreasy and haven’t even accepted tender. Do we get another one later or is this the one. The reason I ask is because my CSR never ever answers her phone. Emails yes but not phone calls.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum