Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 544 of 828
ASJ1981
Hi guys, hope everyone is well

Just wondering, if at end panel stage you want to make additions and/or deletions, are you able to do this? And if so, would it incur admin costs? The end panel stage for us would not be until the end of the year (when land registers), and i may or may not want to add/change things by then (such a long way away and my tastes my change!
). Wondering if it was possible to amend at the End Panel stage?

They will charge you admin fee at this stage. Need to have finalised everything unfortunately.
MandM+4
CS199
Anyone building a Monte Carlo with Wisdom?

We did, had handover about a month ago. Feel free to shoot me any questions.

What was your experience with Wisodm? Did you make any changes to the design etc
psur2357
ASJ1981

Just wondering, if at end panel stage you want to make additions and/or deletions, are you able to do this? And if so, would it incur admin costs? The end panel stage for us would not be until the end of the year (when land registers), and i may or may not want to add/change things by then (such a long way away and my tastes my change!

They will charge you admin fee at this stage. Need to have finalised everything unfortunately.

Psur2357, thank you. I have signed off on everything and so far, i am pretty happy with everything (selections etc). But it's still months away so i was thinking there is a chance i may want to change things from now until the end of the year!
ASJ1981
psur2357
ASJ1981

Psur2357, thank you. I have signed off on everything and so far, i am pretty happy with everything (selections etc). But it's still months away so i was thinking there is a chance i may want to change things from now until the end of the year!

I know it is hard to fix things and especially the design trend is changing over time as well. I am during construction now and at times we already forgot what we selected 1.5 yr ago...
CS199
MandM+4
CS199
Anyone building a Monte Carlo with Wisdom?

We did, had handover about a month ago. Feel free to shoot me any questions.

What was your experience with Wisodm? Did you make any changes to the design etc

No we didn’t make any changes.
Experience with Wisdom overall has been good, like most in this thread admin was slow but construction went well.

ASJ1981

You can make changes when you receive your draft end panel, once you sign off on your DEP you can no longer make changes. you may get charged a fee for the variation/requote though.

MandM+4
ASJ1981

You can make changes when you receive your draft end panel, once you sign off on your DEP you can no longer make changes. you may get charged a fee for the variation/requote though.

Thanks MandM+4. I just re-read a blog and it mentions you can add/remove items during draft end panel stage. It's good to know!
ozmonkeyoy
Here a pic of the style stairs/balustrade that we decided upon.
This pic has carpet, but we are going with stained maple wood and underneath the stairs will be enclosed in with closet.
Can anyone please tell me the price of this exact staircase i.e.
- square timber handrail
- timber sawtooth capping
- glass balustrade
- carpet

The timber in stain finish.

That’s the same as I have chosen except the timber balustrade. I have the stainless steel thin channel balustrade. I also have sawtooth capping on the wall side. I also have one piece of glass only so I don’t have the metal posts
My cost was $15,000
Manhattan52
That’s the same as I have chosen except the timber balustrade. I have the stainless steel thin channel balustrade. I also have sawtooth capping on the wall side. I also have one piece of glass only so I don’t have the metal posts
My cost was $15,000

Hi Manhattan52, we are getting the stair upgrade too and keen to see what SS would look like since we've only seen the timber on display. Would you mind sharing a pic of your stairs? Are you happy with the glass? Cheers
Mine hasn’t been built yet. We are still in admin
Manhattan52
My cost was $15,000

Thank you for the price information
I was actually trying to see how the price is for that exact combination. Because we went for that combination except for - stainless steel posts instead of the glass just to save $$$. I really wanted the modern fantastic look of glass but budget did not allow. I kind of remember it was around 8k with glass where as our staircase combination with steel posts were around 4K.

But I am happy with the timber handrail (dark stained, square shape) because it's very comfortable for hand grip and also to touch in chilled days. Steel handrail kind of gives me electric shock in winter

However, I found the image bellow in this thread but cannot remember who did post. I guess our staircase will look exactly like this.
Hi Kazi, they are gorgeous stairs. We got quoted just under 9k. But decided not to go ahead with it. Struggled with the stairs for awhile as I was very undecided. In the end, we are going to do something after handover. I am trying something different and perhaps a little bold... lol! If we do it, is another story! In the mean time, we upgraded to mitred handrails and black balusters in case it takes us awhile to achieve this look (insert raised eyebrows here) lol... we won't be having open risers, but the look we are going for is something like this - give or take!

Mind you, we may not even go ahead with it, hence we did the minor upgrade to the mitred handrails for now.
ASJ1981
Hi Kazi, they are gorgeous stairs. We got quoted just under 9k. But decided not to go ahead with it. Struggled with the stairs for awhile as I was very undecided. In the end, we are going to do something after handover. I am trying something different and perhaps a little bold... lol! If we do it, is another story! In the mean time, we upgraded to mitred handrails and black balusters in case it takes us awhile to achieve this look (insert raised eyebrows here) lol... we won't be having open risers, but the look we are going for is something like this - give or take!

Mind you, we may not even go ahead with it, hence we did the minor upgrade to the mitred handrails for now.

Great. I hope you can achieve what you want
In the beginning of our journey we thought we will definitely have one of the fantastic designer staircases: floating, open riser, timber, glass balustrade..... Staircase was one of the main focus of the house. But with time, we had to sacrifice a lot. We used our budget very wisely, mostly on upgrades in electrical, kitchen, appliances, in summary balancing between aesthetics and living comfort.
We will also do few things after handover or sometimes in future, e.g. replacing the carpet of stairs with timber in future.

For now I am really happy with carpet because of small kids. When kids grow a bit older, I will not have much fear for their falling from straight stairs
Kazi
Manhattan52
My cost was $15,000

I was actually trying to see how the price is for that exact combination. Because we went for that combination except for - stainless steel posts instead of the glass just to save $$$. I really wanted the modern fantastic look of glass but budget did not allow. I kind of remember it was around 8k with glass where as our staircase combination with steel posts were around 4K.

But I am happy with the timber handrail (dark stained, square shape) because it's very comfortable for hand grip and also to touch in chilled days. Steel handrail kind of gives me electric shock in winter

However, I found the image bellow in this thread but cannot remember who did post. I guess our staircase will look exactly like this.

The cost of your stair upgrade is house specific because the amount of balustrade varies, but what you want is the standard staircase with mitred post and rail, sawtooth capping and stain finish? Here’s the quote for ours, we went paint finish but I got quotes for both

Edited to add: sorry just re-read, I didn’t get a quote for glass. We have a lot of balustrade so would have been exxy!
MandM+4
Kazi
Manhattan52
My cost was $15,000

The cost of your stair upgrade is house specific because the amount of balustrade varies, but what you want is the standard staircase with mitred post and rail, sawtooth capping and stain finish? Here’s the quote for ours, we went paint finish but I got quotes for both

Edited to add: sorry just re-read, I didn’t get a quote for glass. We have a lot of balustrade so would have been exxy!
Hi MandM+4, yes our price also came just like yours. I have the quote for this but not for the quote for glass baluatrade since I didn't ask.

However, we are in construction stage now (week 9 or 10). So nothing to do with stairs anymore.

I just wanted to recall the price for the staircase with carpet, timber square handrail, timber sawtooth capping, glass balustrade.

Our one is with carpet, stained timber square handrail, stained timber sawtooth capping, stainless steel mitered posts; exactly your selection and price

PCI next Friday 1st June FINALLY!!!!

Can't be more excited!!!

Great news Chinoandbebe. Congrats.
Chinoandbebe
PCI next Friday 1st June FINALLY!!!!

Can't be more excited!!!

please post some photos for us after PCI

Hi everyone, this is likely not going to apply to majority of the people, but if anyone has recommendations, that would be great.

5 months into my build, i've been advised by WH that I do not have any water connection to the main on my land which means I need to organise a water connection with a plumber. I've been provided a quote and it's ridiculous expensive and I just wanted to check whether anyone has requested a "main to meter" service and roughly how much it cost them?
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum