Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 530 of 828
Hi Everyone

First time post here, but have been a silent reader since Dec 17
. This forum has been super helpful with our admin process. Thank you for everyone for sharing your advice, experiences, info and photos.

ASJ1981 - I think we are on a similar timeline hehehe, I am also playing it safe with an all white kitchen!

Well my husband and I bought a H&L package with Wisdom Homes and we are building a single storey, Telsa 24. We have finished our colour selections and currently are reapplying for Basix and CDC has also been submitted on Monday.

Does anyone know the process with the live boldy solar package? My husband really wanted it so we included it in our tender, but after seeing all the costings from our upgrades, I tried to ask to revert back to the 15K wisdom credit which they declined because it is in our tender, deposit paid and signed the contract. So whatever.

Anyway, when the solar package was mentioned in this thread, I emailed our colour consultant, who she said the solar package would occur admin fees and affect the basix report - it made me think that it has not been included in our basix?

I thought we would get a consult, like something similar to the air con/electrical appointments so we know what we need for our house. I also want to know at what stage does it get installed etc. However the colour consultant said that since we have finalised our colour selection, I have to "run changes with customer service" who is that?!? the CSR?

All i know is that the solar package is similar to the executive charge pack AC on the bradford website, except wisdom includes a different inverter and they give 280W panels instead of 360W. To add more panels and change the inverter, presumably incurs upgrade costs and admin fees to apply changes to our basix.

Feeling so confused I'm not sure what is suppose to happen, any advice is very much appreciated. Thank you.
Hillsbuilds
stevezau
Hey All,

We had to put a step in our design with Wisdom which means you cannot walk from the Garage to the Laundry to the Kitchen. We are going to delete the door from the garage to laundry also. We were going to move the steps forward to keep it all on same level but the stepdown to the garage is 850mm which will cause other problems.

Anyway, we don't have much options but now we are worried about airflow within the kitchen / lesiure. We were planning to be able to open the stacker doors and laundry door to create air flow but now it's blocked i'm not sure..

We were going to maybe change the window splashback in the kitchen to one that can open.. Any thoughts here? We are not sure if the opening splash back looks nice.

Hi Stevezau

What is that area between the kitchen and WIP? Is it a butlers pantry? Will there be storage there? I’m thinking if you have sufficient storage elsewhere, maybe you don’t need overhead cabinets over the whole stove area bench, and you could have two large openable windows there with the range hood in between?

Alternatively if it’s cooking smells you are concerned about you could get an externally ducted rangehood.

Yes, it will be a butlers pantry, it's just not drawn as will be sorted during kitchen appt.

We could make the butlers pantry window to be one that opens i guess..
Missgoldy79
Hey guys. Most of you won't know me, I finished building with Wisdom about eighteen months ago. We've been chipping away at the gardens, landscaping etc and I've put a long overdue update on my blog if anyone's interested in checking out the progress and my thoughts on the final product. We built the Prosperity 26.

Hoping everyone is having a relatively smooth Wisdom journey! MandM+4 I remember you on the forums towards the end of my build. Congratulations on handover, it looks great!!!!

http://therobbobuildingblog.blogspot.co ... build.html

Thanks Missgoldy! I remember your build flying along when I first joined the forum.
Thanks for coming back and sharing the progress, good to hear you really love your home.

twolittlepeas
Hi Everyone

. This forum has been super helpful with our admin process. Thank you for everyone for sharing your advice, experiences, info and photos.

ASJ1981 - I think we are on a similar timeline hehehe, I am also playing it safe with an all white kitchen!

Well my husband and I bought a H&L package with Wisdom Homes and we are building a single storey, Telsa 24. We have finished our colour selections and currently are reapplying for Basix and CDC has also been submitted on Monday.

Does anyone know the process with the live boldy solar package? My husband really wanted it so we included it in our tender, but after seeing all the costings from our upgrades, I tried to ask to revert back to the 15K wisdom credit which they declined because it is in our tender, deposit paid and signed the contract. So whatever.

Anyway, when the solar package was mentioned in this thread, I emailed our colour consultant, who she said the solar package would occur admin fees and affect the basix report - it made me think that it has not been included in our basix?

I thought we would get a consult, like something similar to the air con/electrical appointments so we know what we need for our house. I also want to know at what stage does it get installed etc. However the colour consultant said that since we have finalised our colour selection, I have to "run changes with customer service" who is that?!? the CSR?

All i know is that the solar package is similar to the executive charge pack AC on the bradford website, except wisdom includes a different inverter and they give 280W panels instead of 360W. To add more panels and change the inverter, presumably incurs upgrade costs and admin fees to apply changes to our basix.

Feeling so confused I'm not sure what is suppose to happen, any advice is very much appreciated. Thank you.

I would definitely speak to your CSR as it’s not a change as per your tender

I would assume cables are roughed in priors to walls going up and panels are installed later in the process

I’m not sure if they use Bradford’s anymore as it might be Bristile. The use a 295w panel with Sonnen inverters and the Sonnen battery.

Unfortunately for me I was only offered 5kw on the roof when I needed 15kw as the 5kw would only supply less than a quarter of my daily usage so unfortunately I have to get done after handover and endure cabling that isn’t hidden which is a shame but certainly not the end of the world.

I would assume you would get a consult as every roof/ shading/situation is quite different
Manhattan52
twolittlepeas
Hi Everyone

I would definitely speak to your CSR as it’s not a change as per your tender

I would assume cables are roughed in priors to walls going up and panels are installed later in the process

I’m not sure if they use Bradford’s anymore as it might be Bristile. The use a 295w panel with Sonnen inverters and the Sonnen battery.

Unfortunately for me I was only offered 5kw on the roof when I needed 15kw as the 5kw would only supply less than a quarter of my daily usage so unfortunately I have to get done after handover and endure cabling that isn’t hidden which is a shame but certainly not the end of the world.

I would assume you would get a consult as every roof/ shading/situation is quite different

I see, I understand a bit better now but. We should be getting Bradfords because we signed before the live boldy promotion changed.

I just used a solar calculator and we need 8kw to cover our avg daily usage. So that would that mean it would only cover about 60% of our daily usage and is not enough to even charge the tesla powerwall?

Yeah I am a bit disheartened that we didn't have a consultation about it, obviously we would need extra panels too, otherwise the tesla powerwall is obsolete.

Thanks for the advice Manhattan52, will contact the CSR to try sort it out.
stevezau

Yes, it will be a butlers pantry, it's just not drawn as will be sorted during kitchen appt.

We could make the butlers pantry window to be one that opens i guess..[/quote]

Have you currently got overhead cabinets above your stove area? I was referring to removing that and replacing with large windows. I asked about the butlers pantry, as if you have storage there you may not need the overheads above the stove. Like this:

Hillsbuilds

We could make the butlers pantry window to be one that opens i guess..

Have you currently got overhead cabinets above your stove area? I was referring to removing that and replacing with large windows. I asked about the butlers pantry, as if you have storage there you may not need the overheads above the stove. Like this:

Ah now I understand what you mean. Yes, we have overhead cupboards and a bulkhead. I don't think the style in the photo is what we are going for.

I think we might just make the butler pantry window one that can open which should allow air flow from the alfresco and out through the butlers pantry.
Hi guys

Just enquiring what handover date you have been given?

In our contract it states a 34week build and our commencement date was meant to start on the 17th of October 2017 but we had a lot of delays on Wisdoms behalf.

Our site was scraped on the 28th of Feb this year and slab laid 19th of March and apparently they have put a completion date of 17th of Jan 2019 for our build.

I was not expecting it to take this long considering we started our process with Wisdom in October 2016
[quote="DaniK"]Hi guys

In our contract it states a 34week build and our commencement date was meant to start on the 17th of October 2017 but we had a lot of delays on Wisdoms behalf.

Our slab was laid on the 28th of Feb this year and apparently they have put a completion date of 17th of Jan 2019 for our build.

I was not expecting it to take this long considering we started our process with Wisdom in October 2016
/quote]When did they actually get to excavation? I've had mixed messages come through on this. My CSR sent me an email to says it's from when they tell u that u are in construction and today the Area Construction Manager said it's from excavation so site scrape, fence and toilet.

[quote="DaniK"]Hi guys

Our slab was laid on the 28th of Feb this year and apparently they have put a completion date of 17th of Jan 2019 for our build.

/quote]

How did they get that date?! Our slab went down on 27th Feb and we have a 30 week contract so that puts us in early October. I figure late October-early November to allow for some bad weather and delays (not that we’ve had any bad weather yet).

No one has actually given us a completion date. Who gave you yours?

Building Wisdom Aspiration 31 at Willowdale
https://ourwillowdalehome.wordpress.com/
[quote="DaniK"]Hi guys

/quote]

What was the delay between October and your slab being laid?
Manhattan52
DaniK
Hi guys

/quote]

What was the delay between October and your slab being laid?

My apologies... site scrape was 28th Feb and slab was 19th March.

We were out of council in Sept, but then needed a BAL report which took nearly 5 weeks. Then in Nov they realised the wall in the butlers pantry needed to be moved over as per kitchen plans (kitchen plans were completed in June). Then in Dec we needed a landscape plan done and further amendments in Jan.
Jenifermarie
DaniK
Hi guys

/quote]

How did they get that date?! Our slab went down on 27th Feb and we have a 30 week contract so that puts us in early October. I figure late October-early November to allow for some bad weather and delays (not that we’ve had any bad weather yet).

No one has actually given us a completion date. Who gave you yours?

Building Wisdom Aspiration 31 at Willowdale
https://ourwillowdalehome.wordpress.com/

Our SS, he had the paperwork in front of him.
I really hope it was just a typo... I've emailed our CSR so hopefully she gets back to us with a positive update on Monday.
doosra
DaniK
Hi guys

/quote]When did they actually get to excavation? I've had mixed messages come through on this. My CSR sent me an email to says it's from when they tell u that u are in construction and today the Area Construction Manager said it's from excavation so site scrape, fence and toilet.

Does your contract state a build timeframe?
I even accounted for 4 to 6 weeks of delays and it still only came to end of November.
DaniK
doosra
DaniK
Hi guys

Does your contract state a build timeframe?
I even accounted for 4 to 6 weeks of delays and it still only came to end of November.
My contract says 34 week build date but no one has given me an exact completion date but I'm expecting sept/oct although I've had massive delays since starting so dont know if they'll be able to meet it.

KatDS
Hi Navy,

I read from the thread that you had structural variation prior to submission of papers to council, was it done after signing the contract?

I am having issues with wisdom homes as I am thinking of the possibility of changing my facade but since it is structural, wisdom wont allow me to.

Thanks!

Kat

Hi Greg,

We are in the stage of fence and excavation next week or first week of February.

You mentioned the 30 weeks promised to complete the house, is that in written promise through email

Hi doosra,

Yes, it was really painful. That $7K was our front and back yard landscape budget. Sayonara $7K

Actually, WH gave us 1 year too, free or equivalent to $9000 discount.

But then, we had negatives too, we changed our structural plan before we start the council papers, still we provided 5 months before the contract expired. But, unfortunately we didn't make it, admin delays, can't get out, too late.

Anyway, on your build, your experience with WH, did you get any further surprise (variation costs) during the stage 2 to stage 6?

Thanks for your help.

Navy[/quote][/quote]

Hi Kat,

Yes, we had many variations, before and after the contract, that's was one of the reason we got lots of delays. However, my CSR did submit a wrongfully design plan to the CDC, so it went twice to the council, more than 6 months of paper processing, end to end.

HTH

Navy
twolittlepeas
Hi Everyone

Hi twolittle,

Welcome to the board.

CSR is your customer service, your point of contact. But don't treat him\her as your project manager of your build, you are the project manager, you should always follow up and push the paper, to avoid delays.

I am not sure about the solar as our package was 3 years old, it was not existed at that time

But I am 100% our friends here will help you.

Good luck on your build.

Navy
[quote="DaniK"]Hi guys

Our site was scraped on the 28th of Feb this year and slab laid 19th of March and apparently they have put a completion date of 17th of Jan 2019 for our build.

/quote]

Hi Danik,

Your building schedule is similar to mine.

Did you get the 'completion date' officially from Wisdom Homes, or you just get from you CSR or SS through phone conversation?

Your build is more than 52 weeks, what model house are you building?

Thanks for your time.

Navy
Missgoldy79
Hey guys. Most of you won't know me, I finished building with Wisdom about eighteen months ago. We've been chipping away at the gardens, landscaping etc and I've put a long overdue update on my blog if anyone's interested in checking out the progress and my thoughts on the final product. We built the Prosperity 26.

Hoping everyone is having a relatively smooth Wisdom journey! MandM+4 I remember you on the forums towards the end of my build. Congratulations on handover, it looks great!!!!

http://therobbobuildingblog.blogspot.co ... build.html

Hi Missgoldy,

I remember you 2 to 3 years ago and reading your posts here.

Congrats on your build and nice job on your house!

Any tips or ideas you would like to share with us about your experience (warranty and quality issues if any), what are do's and don'ts?

Thanks for your time.

Navy
NavyLion
DaniK
Hi guys

/quote]

Hi Danik,

Your building schedule is similar to mine.

Did you get the 'completion date' officially from Wisdom Homes, or you just get from you CSR or SS through phone conversation?

Your build is more than 52 weeks, what model house are you building?

Thanks for your time.

Navy

Hi Navy

We got the date from our SS as he had it on the paperwork in front of him (I'm praying he got it wrong).

We emailed our CSR and have requested confirmation, so hopefully we hear back on Monday.

We are building the Impression 38 (modified) with the Ultra Modern facade.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum