Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 524 of 828
lombieagle
singalg
Hi, Can someone please point me where to find the expected build time (30 or 38 weeks??) in contract? Thanks for your help.

@ singalg you will find it in section 6 Building Period of the agreement.

Thanks Lombieagle
Frames are 99% complete. Just pending the rear rumpus wall which requires a galvanised beam to be made and fitted. Brick delivery should be this week and fingers crossed we can start bricks next week.

MandM+4
Some pics from PCI. I forgot to photograph the outside and the main bathroom 🤦‍♀️
Handover on the 27th 🤞
Kickboards still to go on and lots of paint touch ups mostly from when the skirting was removed for the flooring and put back on.
No major defects, a couple of architraves need fixing up, and one section of tiling has been missed in the main bathroom which we may just take a credit for as it looks fine.
Happy with the house, I think for $500k we have done really well.

Congrats on PCI and lovely house MandM! Love ur selections especially your main bathroom tiles! You so close to the finish line now! Enjoy this last phase...

At many of the displays, they have a panel above the overhead kitchen cupboards so that there is no gap between the overhead cupboards and the ceiling. Does a higher ceiling mean there would be a big gap unless covered?
Just realised my earlier question was a bit dumb! What I meant was, what are some of the options to have no gap above overhead cupboards?
One
Just realised my earlier question was a bit dumb! What I meant was, what are some of the options to have no gap above overhead cupboards?

There’ll be a bulkhead and/or dropped ceiling in the kitchen.
I’m sure Timpelle would do taller cupboards for you or panelling if that’s what you wanted.

One

Hi One,

If you upgrade to prestige or signature you'll have the bulkhead at the kitchen.

Or, may be you can negotiate to your sales rep or CSR, say if you upgrade to highest package you want to have the no gap in all cupboards.

Good luck.

Navy
doosra
Frames are 99% complete. Just pending the rear rumpus wall which requires a galvanised beam to be made and fitted. Brick delivery should be this week and fingers crossed we can start bricks next week.

All right, finally eh.
NavyLion
One

Hi One,

If you upgrade to prestige or signature you'll have the bulkhead at the kitchen.

Or, may be you can negotiate to your sales rep or CSR, say if you upgrade to highest package you want to have the no gap in all cupboards.

Good luck.

Navy

For me this was a miss that I wish I knew about earlier....
MandM+4
One

There’ll be a bulkhead and/or dropped ceiling in the kitchen.
I’m sure Timpelle would do taller cupboards for you or panelling if that’s what you wanted.

Thanks, MandM. Going back old posts, I noticed you don’t have gap. Was this something you specifically asked for and had to pay extra for or did it just come like that?
NavyLion
One

Hi One,

Good luck.

Navy

Thanks NavyLion, we have requested Prestige with 2740mm ceiling, then take away the 150mm dropped ceiling still leaves 2590mm. Looks like further investigation or negotiation is needed!

First time building, so many things to note and learn. Wish there was a complete list of options on W website so I could look at my leisure and minimise the number of things overlooked!
I definitely don't want the gap in between the overhead cabinets and ceiling. I hope when our drawings come back he hasn't got the gap drawn. In the event we want to make changes to the kitchen drawings after we get them back, can we change it or do they charge a fee for this? I would imagine you would be given the chance to make changes at this stage without incurring a fee, as the drawings would be a draft?
One
NavyLion
Hi One,

Good luck.

Navy

Thanks NavyLion, we have requested Prestige with 2740mm ceiling, then take away the 150mm dropped ceiling still leaves 2590mm. Looks like further investigation or negotiation is needed!

First time building, so many things to note and learn. Wish there was a complete list of options on W website so I could look at my leisure and minimise the number of things overlooked!

We built under the Prestige package last year with 2740 ceiling.
They will build the bulkhead, and attach cabinetry as such - see our kitchen pic below;

ozmonkeyoy
They will build the bulkhead, and attach cabinetry as such - see our kitchen pic below;

ozmonkeyoy, love your kitchen! I am so happy i changed to shark edge profile in the last minute! We are on Luxury package, but upgraded to the 2740mm ceilings with drop ceiling in kitchen. I hope there is no gap between overhead cabinets and ceilings. What is the standard? We haven't received our kitchen drawings yet.
ozmonkeyoy
One
NavyLion
Hi One,

Good luck.

Navy

Perfect! Thank you!
Hi guys,

Did anyone request a breakdown of the quote provided by DiLorenzo?

Our current quote just says unit x 1 then a cash amount? Keen to understand the actual breakdown of labour vs tile prices.
Filbert Street
Hi guys,

Did anyone request a breakdown of the quote provided by DiLorenzo?

Our current quote just says unit x 1 then a cash amount? Keen to understand the actual breakdown of labour vs tile prices.

Yes just request a full breakdown of the quote, many people request this.
ASJ1981
@ozmonkeyoy, love your kitchen! I am so happy i changed to shark edge profile in the last minute! We are on Luxury package, but upgraded to the 2740mm ceilings with drop ceiling in kitchen. I hope there is no gap between overhead cabinets and ceilings. What is the standard? We haven't received our kitchen drawings yet.

Thanks.

Yes shark edge is a great look and functional.
I'm not sure what is standard, but the kitchen drawings will detail everything.
You can request a change from initial drawings (we did one change with ours without charge), hopefully that is still the same.
ozmonkeyoy
ASJ1981
ozmonkeyoy, love your kitchen! I am so happy i changed to shark edge profile in the last minute! We are on Luxury package, but upgraded to the 2740mm ceilings with drop ceiling in kitchen. I hope there is no gap between overhead cabinets and ceilings. What is the standard? We haven't received our kitchen drawings yet.

Thanks.

Yes shark edge is a great look and functional.
I'm not sure what is standard, but the kitchen drawings will detail everything.
You can request a change from initial drawings (we did one change with ours without charge), hopefully that is still the same.

ozmonkeyoy, thank you! That's good to know. I will definitely be going over the drawings with a fine tooth comb, and as much as admin fees are deemed "necessary" to prevent people from changing multiple times, it is also annoying having to pay up - haha! A cost i would rather avoid if i can!
thePurist
psur2357
Hi guys

Need some help here. I have issue in the bathroom vanities (upstairs only). I am building Manhattan 35. As you can see in the photos below I have plumbing sticking down below the floating vanity in between the base of the vanity and the floor. I was expecting all plumbing to be concealed within the vanity. I am trying to workout why the plumber did it this way. Anyone who got some knowledge in this would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
Peter

Hey Peter,

Did this issue get resolved?

Curious as to what the outcome was as we too have the same issue and I only noticed it after reading your post.
We have 4 floating vanities (these went up last week) and 2 of them have this issue where the plumbing is visible underneath the vanities.

I have just left my SS a message to notify him of this issue. Lets see whats his response is. I hope it doesn’t delay us a lot

Hello Everyone,

I had a response from my SS regarding the issue of exposed plumbing under floating vanities.

SS: “When the wastes are connected, a small false frame will be installed and then tiled”

I will be meeting my SS next week to understand what he means by that.

2 out of 4 vanities have plumbing that’s visible underneath and it is going through the floor while the other 2 have plumbing through the wall and nothing is visible underneath.

Not sure why they have done it differently.
Has anyone else had this issue? Not sure if I am worrying for nothing

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum