Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 521 of 828
Ninsta
Hi guys, can you tell me which window supplier Wisdom uses? I’m trying to look up the style and size of a window.

They use Trend windows

Building Wisdom Aspiration 31 at Willowdale
https://ourwillowdalehome.wordpress.com/
Jenifermarie
Ninsta
Hi guys, can you tell me which window supplier Wisdom uses? I’m trying to look up the style and size of a window.

They use Trend windows

Thank Jenifermarie. Hopefully we are not too far from Tender Presentation. I’m impatiently waiting to get to colour selections stage!
Ninsta
Jenifermarie
Ninsta

They use Trend windows

Thank Jenifermarie. Hopefully we are not too far from Tender Presentation. I’m impatiently waiting to get to colour selections stage!

I remember that feeling well! It feels like a very long time ago now. It was a year ago yesterday we had our selections! Now I’m in the “do I still like my selections” stage

[quote="Jenifermarie"]

A year ago? Oh wow! Think I need to be more realistic with when I’ll have a finish home 😟
When I went to DL, I was told that wood look tiles are about $80 to $100, does anyone know what the extra laying charge might be? I am talking about the long wooden look tiles.
Has anyone selected the solar panels and Tesla battery storage instead of taking the $15k voucher?

Looks like a good deal but I would hope that you receive a consultation to review your energy needs before having to decide on this.
Cheeky
When I went to DL, I was told that wood look tiles are about $80 to $100, does anyone know what the extra laying charge might be? I am talking about the long wooden look tiles.

We are also looking at wood look tiles and during one of our visits we were told $90psm for a third off set of $150psm for herringbone 😮
We are hoping this will be significantly lower during our colour appointments as other tiler we requested quotes from quote $70psm laying in a herringbone pattern!
Ninsta
Cheeky

We are also looking at wood look tiles and during one of our visits we were told $90psm for a third off set of $150psm for herringbone 😮
We are hoping this will be significantly lower during our colour appointments as other tiler we requested quotes from quote $70psm laying in a herringbone pattern!

You can do your flooring after handover if you prefer (you should receive credit from WH for this). But I think you are required to do wet area tiling with DL.
ASJ1981
Ninsta
Cheeky

You can do your flooring after handover if you prefer (you should receive credit from WH for this). But I think you are required to do wet area tiling with DL.

We are considering this, by my only concern is the tiles not being flush to the kitchen cabinets & island and then having to use beading to cover the gaps.
We plan on having square set ceilings and windows throughout so I’m not sure if the extra beading would throw the modern look.
Frames work started for us.
Funk52
Has anyone selected the solar panels and Tesla battery storage instead of taking the $15k voucher?

Looks like a good deal but I would hope that you receive a consultation to review your energy needs before having to decide on this.

Agreed - We are doing ours after handover as the largest panels they could do was 6kw which would not generate enough power to use the battery at all.
We are getting 15kw on the roof. A lot of people think if they have a battery it will solve all their bills but you need to have enough panels to make this work properly

It’s really unfortunate as we would have preferred W to do it so it could be roughed in prior to completion for a much nicer look but not to worry.
Ninsta
Cheeky

You mean around $200 per sqm for supply and install??
Ninsta
ASJ1981
Ninsta
[quote="Cheeky"]When I went to DL, I was told that wood look tiles are about $80 to $100, does anyone know what the extra laying charge might be? I am talking about the long wooden look tiles.

We are also looking at wood look tiles and during one of our visits we were told $90psm for a third off set of $150psm for herringbone

We are considering this, by my only concern is the tiles not being flush to the kitchen cabinets & island and then having to use beading to cover the gaps.
We plan on having square set ceilings and windows throughout so I’m not sure if the extra beading would throw the modern look.[/quote]

They install the cabinetry and skirting before doing the main floor tiles anyway, so the finish is no different doing it after handover.

If that’s the case then that option is back on the list and we could save $10k!!
Hey All, I searched this thread but not that much chat regarding 2.7 ceiling heights (unless I searched wrong).

We have 2590m ceiling upstairs and downstairs with square set cornice. Is it worth doing the 2.7 upstairs? I've been told by a few people it's worth the $5k upgrade but not the why it's worth it (other than the obvious).. Does the 15cm make a big difference?

What about for upstairs also? Not sure i can justify the cost for upstairs.

Thanks
stevezau
Hey All, I searched this thread but not that much chat regarding 2.7 ceiling heights (unless I searched wrong).

We have 2590m ceiling upstairs and downstairs with square set cornice. Is it worth doing the 2.7 upstairs? I've been told by a few people it's worth the $5k upgrade but not the why it's worth it (other than the obvious).. Does the 15cm make a big difference?

Thanks

Yeah. We too did the same. Upstairs is 2.59m. 🙌
Priyasuresh11
stevezau

Thanks

Yeah. We too did the same. Upstairs is 2.59m. 🙌

What about downstairs? 2.74 or 2.59?
stevezau

Thanks

My understanding is that they do up to 2.59 m upstairs max. Standard is about 2.4 m upstairs. The upgrade from 2.4 m to 2.59 m is about $5K.
stevezau

Thanks

I thought the standard upstairs height is 2440mm and the upgrade is to 2590mm
I didnt think you could do 2740 upstairs
Cheeky
stevezau

Thanks

My understanding is that they do up to 2.59 m upstairs max. Standard is about 2.4 m upstairs. The upgrade from 2.4 m to 2.59 m is about $5K.

Ah ok, yes it's 5k in my quote.. 2.59 it is.

It's the downstairs we can't decide if we should go 2.7m for 5k
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum