I can see that the rain and a handful of you are close to the End of the Road!
I am yet to request a tender but I am close!!
It has been said to me to Lock In the Price it will cost around $3K (i plan on KDR)
Is this necessary and is it simply a bond?
The December price rise was $8K. Not sure how many rises they usually do a year???
Pay the $3k. Expect it may take a year to get through admin, and 2-3 price rises. We didn't pay to lock in the price as all delays have been the fault of the builder, but with KDR there is more chance other things will hold up the process. We have a vacant block that was registered before construction contract was ready. If any delays aren't on Wisdom, you'll get hit, 6 months is too tight at the best of times!
We paid tender deposit at the start of October last year, received tender in Dec with 6 months fixed price til June. Contract plans were also delayed, so our contract came with an amended date we have to be ready by (loan and council approvals etc) stated as July 31st. We then said given the delays so far we lacked confidence that Wisdom would be quick to get the plans to council, so our date has been extended til Sept 30th.
If the delays are non-buyer related ie Council Process, Building and weather delays, and if it doesn't come off your bottom line, what is the real benefit? ie if the period passes due to the above delays.
With a KRB in mind, I am doing as much pre-planning as possible. Isnt the Tender price your final price?
All your selection appointments add to the cost after tender plus any extra site costs that may arise when final plans are drawn
If you are delayed by council or your bank etc and you go over your fixed price time period you will have to pay price rises