Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Burbank Ascent 2500

Page 2 of 2
Hey insider Burbank are charging $12k fixed and Metricon/Carlisle charging a whooping $27k. Does that sound about right? My old man reckons 'someone's making money one way or another' haha
Your old man is probably right that's a big difference
Did they base the quote in a class "m" . Some builders under estimate to get your business then hit you with extras while others are on the high side and may refund some of the extras they originally quoted.
It will really depend on your site ,soil type,fill,slope ,rock etc so until you have that info you will be guessing as well. Your area should be a minimum 'h1" to "h2" so if they quote a "m" you will get extras for a upgrade ideally your block is flat with no fill or rock.
Insider, BB have quoted fixed site costs of $12k which includes rock removal etc. I'm assuming they are doing that because they were part of the estates display village and no kinda what it's like. (Total assumption)

This is really the only reason I'm looking at Burbank, because I don't love any of their plans
I have questioned burbank extensively on tehir fixed costs when i was going through my tender - the response I got was basically, "sometimes we meet margin, sometimes we break even and sometimes we are out of pocket". being at 4 weeks away from PCI, and not having been charged anymore for site costs than the quoted fixed price, I would say theyre on the nose with their assesment of themselves. The *fine print obviously covers things like fall ,and ours was a flat block with avaerage rock removal.
Yes ponzu agree. Other builders have said to me, but does that site cost include this, include that? I said it's fixed! Lol
Hey Emma,

How did you go with the Custom divsion??
Hey Mentone3850

How's your build going?
Yes, all went well with customs build division THANK YOU, we ended up custom designing our own home basically which was GREAT. We gave our deposit yesterday.

Any suggestions before we go Edge?thanks heaps
EmmaW84
Hey Mentone3850

How's your build going?
Yes, all went well with customs build division THANK YOU, we ended up custom designing our own home basically which was GREAT. We gave our deposit yesterday.

wow that is great news ..Edge appointment already why that is quick.. we had to wait like a month for ours

Have you checked out the client sample pack ?? [http://www.burbank.com.au/victoria/burbank-edge.aspx]
May be handy you have a look at this and decide on what you like in their standard range in terms of Brick, garage door, window colour before the appointment.. ( little homework).. Even though we did but we still ran out of time and went over budget abit

As for me , i finally had my walk through fix appointment and met the SS for the first time yest.. I am hoping to have the keys within 6 weeks..
EmmaW84
Hey Mentone3850

How's your build going?

Ahhh what did you end up going with?

So glad you found something you're happy with
Mentone 3850 - 6 weeks that's great. I had a look at your blog today and your colour choices are perfect! Are you happy with everything?

Mikoyan, I am very happy. It's taken us nearly 6 months to get to this point to get the right fit and right price. So I ended up customizing the Alder 2600. Made quite a few changes to it though.

Nope not at Edge yet, but want to be prepared as much as possible before going
EmmaW84
Mentone 3850 - 6 weeks that's great. I had a look at your blog today and your colour choices are perfect! Are you happy with everything?

Mikoyan, I am very happy. It's taken us nearly 6 months to get to this point to get the right fit and right price. So I ended up customizing the Alder 2600. Made quite a few changes to it though.

Nope not at Edge yet, but want to be prepared as much as possible before going

Do you have copy of the floor plan that you can post to share with us all .. also what were the things you upgraded ??

As for my build.. just minor issue (no major ones which is good) the only thing i have to complain though is the slow pre sight process
I do but I don't know how to upload as my only internet connection is the IPhone these days (sad I know) PM your email and I can email it to you.

I didn't upgrade anything out of the Feel Free Promotion, only thing was the Facade.
How exciting it has all worked out the way you want.

We take a LONG time to make decisions. So we also went to edge prepared and ran out of time. Once we went for our preview appointment we tried to pick bricks, roof, gutter and had an idea of colours for the kitchen. We went to the actual appointment with a list of upgrades we knew we wanted to make or change in the house. We also had a full electrical plan - this is the only thing that saved us going back for a second visit (which they charge you for). It also helped as we did the electrical last that day and by the time we got there and only had 45 min to complete it we where in a flap so it was so handy to have something to refer to.

I hadn't heard if home one when we had our visit but I think there is a thread about things to consider in planing a new house.... I wished I had a bit of a look before we went for our visit!

Good luck!
Related
22/01/2024
Regarding Burbank Bricks

General Discussion

Hi All, Recently we have signed a contract with Burbank and we are not aware that they have just DORSET, SURREY, HAMPSHIRE, KENT, PILBARA and REDGUM bricks from PGH are…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum