Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Yanchep RedInk build...Keys - and fence!

Page 101 of 104
Your security screens look great! I have just contacted them, will wait to hear back from them. Thanks for the info- I always like to use companies where others have had such a positive experience.

What a shame about the fencing, how disappointing that they couldn't get it all done for you when they said they would. I would be frustrated too having spent money on your soil conditioning and getting rid of the sand.

Wishing you happy & safe travels!!
Hi jelbell thanks! Yes I'm the same, prefer to use someone from a recommendation!

We've had blinds installed today by West Coast Blinds WA http://www.westcoastblindswa.com/ who were recommended by Nikki on here and was also used by Antheabw. Have only seen a photo or 2 but it looks great I think. They were also very good to work with, accommodating, professional quotes and they go out to your house with samples if required which is great. Their quote wasn't the cheapest we had (although not much more than the lowest), but we much preferred their customer service!

Some blinds photos:

Some other random photos:

It all looks lovely Mal! I think the tile colour ties in a lot better now too.

Have a good flight!
Looks great Mals! Love your stone in the kitchen! Tiles are fine and so are the blinds. Isn't it nice working with professionals? So much less stress, a lesson in that for your builder I think. Safe travels and enjoy your Christmas with family x

Looking absolutely beautiful

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=80963&start=10#p1475600
I was just thinking tiles look heaps better too. Yay thank god for that. Hoping you are starting to like them. Blinds look great.
Yay you are almost here and on holidays. Woo hoo such a great feeling and then throw a brand new house on top of that SUPER exciting.
Sorry to hear about the fencers. What slackers.
Looks awesome mal!
Looks amazing as usual Mal! The window coverings really finish everything off!

Love how beautifully your colours tie in together, the tiles look great! Hope your happy with everything
wow Mal, been awol for a while and what do you know - you have a finished, beautiful house. I know you certainly have had a roller coaster to get to this point but it looks like it was worth it
Wow Mals it is looking fantastic
Well well, for once all I've been reading are positive comments in this thread from you Mal (with exception to silly fence guys) which is great to see!

You'll be here soon so hopefully you enjoy what's to be your new house and will be impressed when you get to see it in person!
Looking good Mal, island bench looks fantastic

Just beautiful! !!!!
Nothing more needs to be said...

Mals it's looking lovely . Can you believe it's nearly over ? I bet you can't wait to get rid of red ink lol . i know all builders have there ups and downs but it's a lovely feeling to sit back and enjoy your home . Even if it isn't prefect . You will make it prefect . Xx enjoy the trip to perth
Its looking great mal! Wall colour looks really nice, just a subtle grey. Have a safe flight!
Hey Mal, just had a super quick catch up. It all sounds positive and looks amazing.

I hope everything has gone well today and have a good flight!!

Can't wait to see some finished pictures from when you're here!
Thanks, everyone, it has been a very long day already! Been up since 2am - couldn't sleep

My folks picked up the key this morning
! They said the CLO is lovely - I'm sorry I won't get to meet her. Nikki, it would seem you were short changed - we got a keyring!

But boo... The dishwasher isn't installed as it was meant to be, instead we had to order it over the phone from the suppliers so it'll only be delivered early Jan to be installed after by RedInk's plumbers who are all on holiday now. Oh well probably not the end of the world but it is a bit disappointing. Who's going to wash the dishes???

My folks went there now and they found to their surprise that the fence has been finished and we have a gate - even though not 100% complete! Not sure who did it, as they didn't respond to emails and their out of office said they're only back in Jan but it was a lovely surprise.

(These photos have a strange blue cast - not sure why probably because it is a bit dark already!)

Yesterday was my last day at work for a bit more than a month - the OH is still working today
We leave home tomorrow morning arriving in Perth early evening on Christmas. We'll sleep in our own house on Christmas - how good is that?

Even though there has been so many hiccups along the way and many stressful moments, we have the keys now and we hope to find that we can live with the tiles - we're not convinced just yet. And that the PCI lists have been completed - we've not been able to verify this, and we know of a few outstanding issues. But I have to say RedInk has picked up their game a bit the last few weeks and we are thankful for that. Chris, thanks again for your help to get our issues addressed - it really is very much appreciated.

So now we're looking forward to seeing it in the 'flesh' - we can't quite believe that the day has finally arrived!

I'll be signing off for now, will try to update as and when we can - thank you all so much for living through our build with us, it has been such a lovely place to be and I'm not quite sure how we'd have survived the process from over here without this wonderful forum and all of you lovelies.

I wish for you all the most wonderful Christmas and New Years xxxxx
Yay so happy for you congratulations!

Hope you have a safe flight and look forward to hearing your thoughts when you finally see the place!!
Congrats.!!!!....
I'm so pleased for you... hope your new home is everything you ever dreamed it would be.....

Safe travels... ✈
Congrats mal!! Finally got those keys. Enjoy it
Related
3/09/2023
Can you build on both side fence boundaries (Victoria)?

General Discussion

Hey everyone Not for me or anyone I know, just generally interested. For a single allotment house, are you allowed to take the fence on both sides of your house and…

2/02/2024
Gap between fence and retaining wall - unsafe space

Landscape & Garden Design

get some pool noodles and then bark mulch over the top

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum