Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Stockland Elara at Marsden Park

Page 142 of 142
Any updates regarding people constructing at Elara lately. This forum has gone quite for a while. Also wanted to ask if land valuations are performing lately?
Has anyone gone through their land valuations, need to check if the land valuations are coming below or being accepted as per land contact?
Hi Everyone,

Long time no one has been active yet on the portal.
Has anyone gone through their land valuations, need to get an idea how is bank evaluation the land. Is it inline with Stockland prices?

Any inputs here would be welcomed.
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has idea how many days/weeks prior to registration the developer will notify when land is ready for valuation?

Thanks in advance!
In my case about 1.5 months beforehand, but that was in 2016
mamnun
In my case about 1.5 months beforehand, but that was in 2016

Thanks for the reply.
Hi All,

anyone has recently undergone land valuation? is it below or above your purchase price? Appreciate for your response thanks
When do we need an independent inspector to inspect our home? Is it before settlement or after settlement?
kkgpraveen
When do we need an independent inspector to inspect our home? Is it before settlement or after settlement?

If you are building a house, then it is recommended to engage the inspector throughout the build.

In case of purchase of existing property, the inspector should be engaged prior to committing.
Ah... I am building with Eden Brae but never engaged an inspector. I thought it is required at the end
kkgpraveen
Ah... I am building with Eden Brae but never engaged an inspector. I thought it is required at the end

Private inspection is discretionary. It is best if inspection is done at 4-5 stages of the build (slab, frame, lockup etc..) so defects can be identified and addressed there and then. Inspection only at the end (hand over) cannot identify the defects of previous stages.

Good builders have their own quality checks during the build, so private inspection is over and above those.
Hi Guys,

We group of friends planning to buy land and build homes either in Elara or Newpark... i hope many of you are residing at Elara now. Would you please share your experience and suggestions related to Elara?

1. Would you recommend Elara or Newpark?
2. How does the traffic situation look during peak hours?
3. Any idea about current land evaluations?
4. Do you feel chosing Elara (as in Marsden Park) was a good decision for you?

Thanks heaps in advance.

Cheers.
1. Would you recommend Elara or Newpark?
Depends on your budget. Elara is almost established and so is expensive than NewPark.
2. How does the traffic situation look during peak hours?
Its bad, so is anywhere in Sydney!
3. Any idea about current land evaluations?
This is getting better. Evaluations are coming equal to purchase price or above. I think market is picking up.
4. Do you feel chosing Elara (as in Marsden Park) was a good decision for you?
Was the best decision considering what I could afford when I purchased it. When I first went to have a look at the plots, Marsden Park looked more country side than Schofields or other nearer suburbs, but all my friends from those suburbs now travel all the way to Marsden Park for their essential shopping and to have a good coffee at Starbucks or to eat out in a place like the Marsden Hotel. Colebee is the one suburb I wish I could have a look at 3 years ago.
Thanks buddy.
I ended up booking a lot in stage 51 last weekend. As of now, the contract is with the solicitor. Waiting for his analysis of the contract and lot conditions.
Just wondering what extra costs are involved in corner lot build. Cheers
Whats the market price going at this stage in Elara?
Singhkd
Thanks buddy.
I ended up booking a lot in stage 51 last weekend. As of now, the contract is with the solicitor. Waiting for his analysis of the contract and lot conditions.

With corner lots, developers have extra guidelines for the secondary facade, including the articulation and landscaping requirements. In other words, because one side of your house shows directly to the street, they want you to make it nice - hence the extra things you may be required to put in. Obviously things like fencing will be extra as there's no one else to share the cost with as well. Some thing to think about. However, corner lots can be great if you can get past the additional cost.
Brahma Bull
Singhkd
Thanks buddy.

With corner lots, developers have extra guidelines for the secondary facade, including the articulation and landscaping requirements. In other words, because one side of your house shows directly to the street, they want you to make it nice - hence the extra things you may be required to put in. Obviously things like fencing will be extra as there's no one else to share the cost with as well. Some thing to think about. However, corner lots can be great if you can get past the additional cost.

Thanks mate.
Personally we like corner lots due to energy efficiency and Stockland put little lesser price tags on corner lots so as to cover extra constructions costs as you mentioned.
However, with current financial crisis and Corona break out, seems like i may have locked it potentially at wrong time. With property prices expected to fall big time in coming months, there will be a big gap in the lock down price and valuation at the time of land settlement. So bit worried now.... have to go with the flow with no other option left...
Hi Guys,

Looking forward for evaluation on my 400m2 plot. Does anyone got less evaluation than the purchase price?
What's the best bet to go with evaluation from?
DRT
Hi All

Is anyone building or has build with Eden Brea’s latest Accent Series inclusions.

I am looking to build Lancaster 31 and wanted to see if people were happy with standard inclusion or did they upgrade a lot.

Lancaster design use to be in their smart living series inclusion but recently they have downgraded it to be in accent series.

Also would be great to get some overall feedback for Eden Brea.

Thanks in advance

Hi there,

I am building a Lancaster with eden brea home, if you could provide some details on their accent inclusion that wold be helpful. were you haapy with inclusion or did you have to upgrade alot?
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum