Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Stockland Elara at Marsden Park

Page 132 of 142
Can some one please share the latest price list?
Hello... are owners of lot # 1933 & 1932 on this forum? could you pls ping me... thank you...
Mtfranklin
Hi All,

Have a 350sqm (12.5w x 28l) zero lot block that is getting registered in Elara in the coming months. Looking to build a single storey house that maximises the floor space (60% =210sqm not including alfresco and porch). Most builders don't seem to have the right fit with the exception of eden brae. They seem to have a few options like bermuda, livingstone, manchester etc.

How are the others going with that kind of a block which was very common across elara release.

Cheers,

Hi,

I just read your post. I am in a similar position now as you. We bought 350sqm lot 12.5m w X 28m l. We are looking for Builders as well. We were earlier thinking of going with EBH homes for double storey but it feels as if we are streching our budget. We have decided to go for a single storey instead. We are also trying to look for a bigger home. Do you mind sharing info on who you settled with?
sunnny88
Hi,

I just read your post. I am in a similar position now as you. We bought 350sqm lot 12.5m w X 28m l. We are looking for Builders as well. We were earlier thinking of going with EBH homes for double storey but it feels as if we are streching our budget. We have decided to go for a single storey instead. We are also trying to look for a bigger home. Do you mind sharing info on who you settled with?

Hey Sunny Iā€™m building with both Eden Brae in North Kellyville and Casaview Homes in Riverstone.

Both are good builders and I can highly recommend them.

If you believe that Eden Brae is stretching your budget sure try Casaview Homes or All Castle Homes. They are good builders.

Kind Regards,

Bruce
"Building an Eden Brae Waldorf 50 in North Kellyville"
Blog: http://waldorf50.blogspot.com.au

A Mobile Solicitor at Wong & Horta Lawyers
Thanks Bruce for the reply. How big is your lot?
sunnny88
Thanks Bruce for the reply. How big is your lot?

For Casaview Homes in Riverstone - 300m2

Cost is quite reasonable.

For Eden Brae Homes in North Kellyville - 600m2

Kind Regards,

Bruce
"Building an Eden Brae Waldorf 50 in North Kellyville"
Blog: http://waldorf50.blogspot.com.au

A Mobile Solicitor at Wong & Horta Lawyers
sunnny88
Mtfranklin
Hi All,

Have a 350sqm (12.5w x 28l) zero lot block that is getting registered in Elara in the coming months. Looking to build a single storey house that maximises the floor space (60% =210sqm not including alfresco and porch). Most builders don't seem to have the right fit with the exception of eden brae. They seem to have a few options like bermuda, livingstone, manchester etc.

How are the others going with that kind of a block which was very common across elara release.

Cheers,

Hi,

Thank you Kaycee
Just got a response from Stockland about my query on Stage 27 registration and it is going to be delayed
June-Aug 2018 is the new dates
kkgpraveen
Just got a response from Stockland about my query on Stage 27 registration and it is going to be delayed

When was the original expected registration ?
We are in stage 28, received an update today from Stockland stating registration is now expected in July-august, originally was April-June šŸ˜ž
sunnny88
Mtfranklin
Hi All,

Cheers,

Hi,

With regards to single storey, the maximum you could go was 21-22sq house. Eden Brae has about 4 designs that are by far the best I could see. We decided to go for a double storey and the maximum we could do is 37-38sq. We are going with Simonds.

kkgpraveen

We received an email as well. Just last month they confirmed with me it will feb-april. This is frustrating. If it registers in August I don't think construction will start till end Jan 2019.
Hi All,

i have a lot of 14.5m x 25m. Any one have a list of builders/houses that will fit on this lot?

There has been an update on the new boundaries and suburb names affecting Elara:

http://www.blacktownsun.com.au/story/50 ... te-debate/

The council has amended the original proposal.

Under the new proposal, Elara Estate will not be split across two suburbs and the land north of Elara Boulevard will not be named Lynch.

All of Elara Estate will be part of a suburb named 'North Marsden Park'.
Hi all, roughly how long does developer (Stockland) approval on average take?
Hi All

Looking for some clarity/guidance about site coverage for my build.

Below is my draft geosite of my proposed building and land.
Based on what I have read or been told by the builder is that I can use 35% of total land size for the first floor construction which in my case is as per below.
Land size - 457.9sqm

Based on 35% allowance I can build upto 160.265 sqm, however my current plan is showing as 160.8 sqm which is 0.1% higher than allowed. My builder has suggested that it shouldn't be a problem as its only 0.1% over the allowance which is not even 1 sqm.

I am ok with that as think it shouldn't be an issue with council either.

The issue I think will be the maximum coverage allowed in the first place and would appreciate some guidance on below.
- Should I be allowed 30% or 35%?
- My frontage is 14.995sqm which is just below the 15m guidance which allows total coverage of 35%, however as I am a corner lot does the coverage restriction differ?

When I visited a few builder (before picking a builder) I received mixed answers. I was also told that it can be allowed to go over maximum allowed coverage for first floor provided me or my builder submits a environmental effects justification.

I would really appreciate if someone can provide some more details or share your experience if you faced a similar issue.

I will be calling Blacktown Council also to seek some guidance but appreciate your inputs.

Below is my site plan with coverage details on the left side.

Guys, need some information from folks who have started or finished building in Elara. What is the soil classification that you got after the soil survey from your builder.

I want to be sure my soil classification is consistent with my neighbours in Elara. my lot no is 1719.

Thanks for your help.

@DRT: Metricon should know better so you'll be good.

@charan: From Essen dated 2015/02/25: "In Elara, it's either H1 or H2. Most commonly, its H1 slab."

For the astute investor have a look at the Sandstone Ridge as an alternative investment. It looks very promising since it is very close to a number of amenities.

kaycee
@DRT: Metricon should know better so you'll be good.

@charan: From Essen dated 2015/02/25: "In Elara, it's either H1 or H2. Most commonly, its H1 slab."

For the astute investor have a look at the Sandstone Ridge as an alternative investment. It looks very promising since it is very close to a number of amenities.

Thanks Kaycee.

Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum