Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Pegs on Lot

Page 1 of 1
Hi all

So my fiancé and I bought our lot in November last year and we're almost set to start our build. We were told today by our builder that they are going to charge us $965 to do a re-establishment survey as only 2 pegs are visible.

I've looked over all the pics we've taken of our land and it looks like we only ever had 2 pegs (we have two already constructed fences at the side and rear of our block) so it's only the one side and front that are open.

Has anyone had any issues like this before?
standard practice, the price is around that.
Are the pegs missing where the fence is? If so maybe they were removed.
the actual pegs to look for are driven into the ground, not the tall pegs you see when you walk round the site. (see http://www.anewhouse.com.au/2012/01/blo ... dary-pegs/)

Its often worth spending a bit of time looking for them rather than give the builder almost $1000. I found mine without too much effort.
Thanks for the help bashworth. I can see all the marker pegs but will spend some time looking for the boundary pegs, everything adds up so not keen to just hand over money to them if not needed.
hey vonnie,

We suggest that you ring cheryl or lisa at the hunt club to put all of the pegs in place so you don't have to pay for the reestablishment survey to your builder as this is what our friend did when two of their pegs were also missing prior to their build. the hunt club should be able to do this for you.
Forgot to say, welcome to the hunt club! =) where abouts are you? we're near casey fields blvd..
Hi Dahon13, thanks heaps. Cheryl has been so good so I thought I'd run the question past her and yes apparently they will sort it out - yay

We're building near the proposed train station. Who are you building with and where are you up to? We're building with Carlisle and almost ready for slab to be poured!!

Have you heard anything about the overdue shopping centre??
if you look for a survey peg in line with the electricity pit approx 100-200mm of the edge of the path then you can measure from that one to the other front peg, a little shovel work and it should pop up
I would suggest that you have the pegs re-surveyed, as there is no guarantee if you find them that they are actually in the correct spot. It is my understanding that the pegs actually hold a fair amount of legal accountability and you need to be a licensed cadastral surveyor to put them in in the first place.
Remember if your builder is going to do your house setout from these points you want to make sure they are spot on.
hey Vonnie11,

No worries! happy to help..=p We're building with fairhaven homes and waiting for site start as well. Last time we went past the estate, there were workers doing the drainage for the proposed shopping centre so hopefully they're going to commence building it. fingers crossed! =)
Oh I loved the Glenair by Fairhaven but it was just way out of our price range! I can't stand all the waiting too excited to wait

I'm just looking forward to being at the same stage as everyone else on here putting their awesome pics up

So happy with the Hunt Club lovely established estate. My sister has built in Selandra Rise so looking forward to us being so close.
that's the reason why we chose the hunt club, and the free colorbond fencing inclusive in the land purchase was a plus. kaching!
all the best with your build!
bashworth
the actual pegs to look for are driven into the ground, not the tall pegs you see when you walk round the site. (see http://www.anewhouse.com.au/2012/01/blo ... dary-pegs/)

Its often worth spending a bit of time looking for them rather than give the builder almost $1000. I found mine without too much effort.

Well you were right bashworth. Went to our block today and just had a dig around the marker where the peg was supposedly "missing" and voila...peg appeared!
As a uni student I had a little earner $500 a property to find pegs, easiest job I ever had, don't pay the builders.
Related
19/07/2023
Shallow lot designs

General Discussion

Would anyone on this forum know of a builder/company in Brisbane with house designs for a shallow block. I have a block 20 x 20 so with front and rear set backs I need a…

20/09/2023
Zero Lot Issue & Need Idea

General Discussion

You must be new to the internet. You're also the only person anyone here has ever heard of washing their garage wall. I hate to break it to you, there are insects and…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum