Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Stone benchtop

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Our builder is offering Delaware stone bench tops and they say it's similar to CS or IS in quality. Does anyone have any experience with it? They are offering to replace all the bench tops to DS for 2.5ks (standard is laminex freestyle for kitchen and postform for the rest). Should we take this offer? A bit confused
Sry its not Delaware; its actually Della vita engineered stone. Only two builders (Home group WA and Blueprint) seem to use it instead of IS and CS.
I'd take any stone over the laminex any day. AFAIK, engineered stone is engineered stone. CS have an amazing range, and probably more choices at the same price point, which is probably the only real drawback in this scenario.
Thanks for the reply ponzu, yes the range is limited but it does not matter. So 2.5 k upgrade is reasonable?
I paid $2.2k for the kitchen benches (40mm edge), $350 each for the bathroom and ensuite (20mm edge). So if you have a stone that you like in the range and all benchtops are covered, i think thats reasonable. Our laundry is laminex, but if your deal includes laundry, youre probably doing well.
Related
1/04/2024
Holes in mitred edge of stone benchtop

General Discussion

Hi Courtney The mitred edges are glued up with epoxy so those little holes and gaps are areas that weren't filled correctly. Silicone is the wrong product to fill them…

7/05/2023
Facade column size (350 or 470mm) , Rendering or Stone or Ti

Building A New House

Dear Members I have to decide the Facade column size. My custom builder standard is 350mm with rendering, but i asked for 470mm plus stone or tiles and yet to get…

3/09/2023
Natural stone- stain removal and gloss sealing

General Discussion

Hi, planning on using the attached stone pieces in my bathroom. I want to remove stains and gloss seal. Can I get some advice on best way to remove stains and best…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum