So hubby and I have secured a land in Haynes in a private estate called springtime, the land is quite small 420m2 but will fit the house plan that we wanted (The Maxum from New Gen homes), it'll give us a small garden but we don't think it's gonna bother us in the future as we're very indoorsy people that hates gardening and we don't have kids so it's really not a problem for us (people say we're gonna regret not having a bigger land but oh well, it's what we can afford for now, because as everybody knows the land prices just keep increasing!)
Anyways, lol. Our land was suppose to title in September and now there has been delays and the land is now expected to be titled in November.. At first we were happy anyways because it just means that we can save more money but now our builder wants us to sign a building contract and it's just alarming bells to me.. What alarms me the most is that our lands haven't titled yet and isn't going to be for a long time.. And he says that price increase is going to happen either way, if we sign the building contract now the price increase will only be a small amount but if we sign closer to the date the price Will probably increase more than $6000 dollars at least (because of 6 months difference).. I mean what if the titles delay again, will the price increase again? And nowhere in the contract does it say that if it does they will only increase a small amount..
Our base house plan wasn't that cheap (190k +) and we have to pay for our own flooring and window coverings (which most houses plans do) it doesn't come with any ducted air cons (which some house plans do), So we'll have I to do that later.. We get essastone benches and high ceilings but we still had to pay extra money for that.. I'm really not sure what to do.. can anybody offer me any advice.. My husband doesn't want to start fresh and find new builders as we've paid them $2000 for all their 'hard work'.. Am I getting jipped or does this all sound normal?!?