Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Buying House in Melbourne !!

Page 2 of 2
I think my first 4 houses were all a 'compromise', on both the area and the house. 20 years later I'm getting most of my 'ideal'. Yep patience is a virtue.

Unfortunately being close to public transport comes at a cost. If you can't afford it your wife might just have to learn to drive regardless of whether she wants to or not! I don't want to drive or work but I have to do so to afford my house.[/quote]

So does everyone, I am sure. It's just better infrastructure gives your property better value while selling in the future. I ain't planning to stick to one house for more than 10 year. Which side of town u live in ?
why are you focusing on current sale value if you might be living in it for 10 years?
Ponzu
why are you focusing on current sale value if you might be living in it for 10 years?

Thts why I stated earlier, i am new in the market and carrying high expectations of ticking all the boxes which now realising is not possible.
deluxes
Compromise is always needed in buying real estate... Unless you have money to burn that is!
Most of us have a budget and requirements, you just have to work out what will fit the best for you, and that may require some flexibility and compromises on the "ideal".
At least for a few years anyway...

Yeah It sounds right, hopefully i will make my decision very soon. I have just stepped into this only a month ago.
joannek
I think my first 4 houses were all a 'compromise', on both the area and the house. 20 years later I'm getting most of my 'ideal'. Yep patience is a virtue.

This is why I created this blog so I can at least search into the right direction. Hopefully as time goes on I will be more confident about my decision.
whocares
Ponzu

Thts why I stated earlier, i am new in the market and carrying high expectations of ticking all the boxes which now realising is not possible.

dont let that scare you. your boxes tend to change over time anyway.
. Wrong "quote"
whocares
Unfortunately being close to public transport comes at a cost. If you can't afford it your wife might just have to learn to drive regardless of whether she wants to or not! I don't want to drive or work but I have to do so to afford my house.

So does everyone, I am sure. It's just better infrastructure gives your property better value while selling in the future. I ain't planning to stick to one house for more than 10 year. Which side of town u live in ?[/quote]

Just read through this very interesting thread (from my perspective) - curious, where did you choose to buy in the end, and what? Established or new build?

Related
31/07/2023
Buying untitled land for a development

Buying Land

Yeah I don't know why I came to a forum. Place is full of wierdos/pedos thought internet may help but I suppose I'll try my luck with someone in person. Cheers. I tried…

23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations - Melbourne

Building A New House

I do enjoy the drama:-D In his latest two videos he has started bringing security guards to site, I am waiting for the punch on to begin lol

25/06/2023
Security system and cameras recommendation - Melbourne

Building A New House

It's all about wireless, self install now. The cost/benefit of wired setups for the house are no longer what they used to be. Lots of wireless options. Eufy, Arlo and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum