Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Turn key timeline

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone

I'm building a double story and its been a long tiring journey. I signed contract in August last year, started construction in October. Currently, we are at fixing/completion stage (sort of...though there are some outstanding brickwork around portico roof area which was their design blunder). Tiles have been done, painting has been going on for almost 2 weeks. Does anyone know when we are likely to move in based on your experience? Though painting is going on now, the garage door, driveway and garage lower roof (due to portico design issue) still not completed. When do they put fly-screens? My builder refused to give me timelines on construction but rather want to let me know when a particular stage is completed. I would like to know when earliest is possible for us to get the keys for the house. AND what else is outstanding? we will be doing our own landscaping. I would appreciate your contributions. It would help me to give notice at my current residence. I'm in Brisbane.
Don't think I can answer your question ... because we signed last July, construction started October, and we've only just had roof-tiles finished & bricks completed, eaves are going up this week. Sounds like you're way ahead of us!
Thanks Forg, that doesn't sound good though for you, wishing you the best ahead. Does anyone with a different experience?
Out of interest, how long did they tell you it'd take? We were told 39 weeks, but we've since added 5 extra weeks due to Christmas & bad weather. So assume there's a bit more bad weather while they're working outside, assume 45 weeks & we started in October, I wouldn't actually have expected to see it finished until late August.
195 working days, which translates to 39weeks. They are still within the time-frame. I'm hoping to be one of the lucky ones who have 39 weeks as the very upper limit...Whom are you building with, if you're free to disclose?
Related
13/11/2023
Key Handover

General Discussion

Your house should come in "as new" condition. It should be clean, and without stains

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum