Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building the Burbank Prescott

Page 3 of 4
Wow Prescott! How fast are they building your house! You must be able to see the changes daily! Great stuff! Kitchen and bathrooms are looking good! You must be pleased with everything. I didn't upgrade the handles either! Haha I think when you hit that point your like I am spending no more money!!! Can't wait to see some more picture!
Just some more updates! We hadn't seen it for about 5 days and in that time all the tiled had been laid (ad about half the grouting done), all internal painting completed (doors just need to be attached), bricks were being cleaned, down pipes attached, eaves done and most of the weatherboard style cladding attached on the facade was done. Still no finish dates given but can't be long now!

Checked our online building tracker thingy and the plumbing fixtures were done today woohoo! Can't wait to check them out, hopefully we will get there in the next few days. I can't believe how fast everything is happening, it's so exciting!

Hope everyone else's builds are powering along!
Oh and sorry about the poor quality pics from the other day - when I get excited I take rubbish photos and I was very excited to see our tiles lol. I never thought I would be so interested in grout!
Lol you bathroom floor tiles . We wanted darker and Matt finished in the bathroom but when we realised it was too late as Burbank wouldnt accept any more variation
Thanks mentone. You must be just about ready to move! What else needs to be done for your place?

Our tiles were just standard ones! We got those ones for just about everything - laundry floor, toilet/bathroom floors and the showers too. Clearly we loved them too lol.
Hey Prescott - looking good!!! so you're coming up to the Fixout stage? And this is when you get to walk through right? So excited for you too..

Our frame has just been completed and they're working on the roof now so I'm guessing we're coming up to the Lockup stage. I'm learning all these terms slowly! LOL!
Thanks anocha! I get confused about the stages myself. We got our 'fixing stage' invoice today so we have only one more to come. We still have to go: laminate floors, carpet, stone benches, shower screens, plumbing and electrical fixtures, garage door, shelves and probably some other small things. Lots of jobs left but nothing massive, all the finishing things. It is so cool seeing it all come together and so far we have been happy with how our choices look in real life. We don't have any dates yet and not sure when inspection is but hopefully not too far away.

It will be great when your roof is done so it looks like a real house!!
We were happy to see more changes today. Garage door on, stone benchtops in, cladding on the facade is on (not painted yet) and most excitingly of all our timber laminate floors are in! They look fantastic. Very happy with everything so far.

Looking good there

Love the flooring

what colour is your kitchen bench top ?
Yay Prescott! nice floor! and I like your round sink in the shower! I chose the same style too but Burbank said they can't supply that any more and offered me a different one..

I'm officially stalking your page lol!! can't wait to see more hehe.. I put some photos of my selections in my signature too, some of our items are similar. I have to load some more pics but thinking of changing to photobucket as well..Still learning blogging too lol!!
Anocha
Yay Prescott! nice floor! and I like your round sink in the shower! I chose the same style too but Burbank said they can't supply that any more and offered me a different one..

I'm officially stalking your page lol!! can't wait to see more hehe.. I put some photos of my selections in my signature too, some of our items are similar. I have to load some more pics but thinking of changing to photobucket as well..Still learning blogging too lol!!

Love your Sink there Ancocha..
Haha I am a bit of a blog stalker too!

Mentone the stone benches in the kitchen are a nice uniform grey colour.

We just went with standard sinks as we didn't care too much about the shape, they all seemed fine to us lol.

We were told our carpet got laid today too woohoo!

I'm going to check out your pics now anocha hahaha
Anocha we do have very similar taste! I think we are getting the same walnut stain front door by the looks of your selections? I do like your sink too, it all looks great together. Hope you're finding everything smooth so far. We are super happy with our build - very fast (it's only been 2 months since earthworks) and quality is awesome. Can see a bit of painting here and there that needs touching up but overall no dramas!
Just a quick update - carpets are in so that means flooring is done, and all plumbing fixtures are in and working! Main job left is electrical and then lots of little finishing touches. Pics to come after we check it again on the weekend to hopefully see even more progress.

Yesterday marked 2 months since earth works and we are just about ready to move in! It has been so so fast and very unexpected but happy!!
Mentone3850
Anocha

Love your Sink there Ancocha..

Thanks Mentone!
)) just checked out ur mansion! Looks so nice!
Prescott_Build
Haha I am a bit of a blog stalker too!

Mentone the stone benches in the kitchen are a nice uniform grey colour.

We just went with standard sinks as we didn't care too much about the shape, they all seemed fine to us lol.

We were told our carpet got laid today too woohoo!

I'm going to check out your pics now anocha hahaha

Yeah the round sink is standard and I was surprised cos I find it really modern.. Was a bit disappointed when they said we can't have it but I start to like one they offered us now hehe
Prescott_Build
Anocha we do have very similar taste! I think we are getting the same walnut stain front door by the looks of your selections? I do like your sink too, it all looks great together. Hope you're finding everything smooth so far. We are super happy with our build - very fast (it's only been 2 months since earthworks) and quality is awesome. Can see a bit of painting here and there that needs touching up but overall no dramas!

Yep its walnut stain for front door! Yeah we have great taste aren't we hehehe

We got the roof today soooooo happy n excited imagine we get to your stage I feel like I'm gonna cry of joy ;')
Prescott_Build
Just a quick update - carpets are in so that means flooring is done, and all plumbing fixtures are in and working! Main job left is electrical and then lots of little finishing touches. Pics to come after we check it again on the weekend to hopefully see even more progress.

Yesterday marked 2 months since earth works and we are just about ready to move in! It has been so so fast and very unexpected but happy!!

Omg omg omg!!!! Ur build is so fast, the fastest I have seen on this site! Looks like u could be moving in 1 month! U better start packing! Hehe
When you expecting pci?

You maybe moving in before I do by the looks of it

Congrats you must be very pleased
Have you started packing ??
Related
22/01/2024
Regarding Burbank Bricks

General Discussion

Hi All, Recently we have signed a contract with Burbank and we are not aware that they have just DORSET, SURREY, HAMPSHIRE, KENT, PILBARA and REDGUM bricks from PGH are…

9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum