Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Henley Homes

Page 127 of 128
Ezza78
Special_K
Trying to do some research on Henley build quality for KDR. Is there a general consensus if they're worthwhile building with or will it come down to your luck on who you get working on your build?

productrev1ew.com.au has some savage reviews!

You still trying to choose a builder SpecialK?

Lol. Yep. Not an easy task.

Hi All,
Did anyone had issues with Drafting error when at Construction Stage.?

Situation:- Window in pantry is fixed, where in final floor plan it is openable.

Any thoughts.? What should i do, i need openable window.

Thanks

Zee1308 There will be a cost associated with it, but the HIA contract gives you the full right to make changes - at a price.
Just ask your admin.. they will probably refuse at first but if you really want it, push for it.
baronx
@Zee1308 There will be a cost associated with it, but the HIA contract gives you the full right to make changes - at a price.
Just ask your admin.. they will probably refuse at first but if you really want it, push for it.

Hey!

It is an error from SS in putting order to Window maker or something, i want it to openable and it is like that on Floor Plan. I would be asking them to rectify it and install it correctly and if they deny and say pantry window should be Fixed always then should i ask for compensation as i have paid Variation fee earlier to change something and my then admin was so reluctant in waiving off.

zee1308
Hi All,

Situation:- Window in pantry is fixed, where in final floor plan it is openable.

Thanks

Are you talking about a splashback window? I was told these had to be fixed.

Our Henley Aegean45
Aegean430
zee1308
Hi All,

Thanks

Are you talking about a splashback window? I was told these had to be fixed.

Our Henley Aegean45

as highlighted in above snip.
SS come back yesterday that they have ordered incorrectly with Window company and he has reordered it now and will fix it up.
Special_K
Trying to do some research on Henley build quality for KDR. Is there a general consensus if they're worthwhile building with or will it come down to your luck on who you get working on your build?

Hi there, I’ve just seen this comment.
We did a KDR with Henley last year (was still MainVue at the time).
The process was smooth and the quality of our build was excellent. We’ve just had the 12 month check up on our home and there was only a couple of minor, easily fixed items.
We are in Bayside Melb and had issues with Melbourne Water during the planning phase but Henley were fantastic.
Good luck

Saint Girl
Special_K

Hi there, I’ve just seen this comment.
We did a KDR with Henley last year (was still MainVue at the time).
The process was smooth and the quality of our build was excellent. We’ve just had the 12 month check up on our home and there was only a couple of minor, easily fixed items.
We are in Bayside Melb and had issues with Melbourne Water during the planning phase but Henley were fantastic.
Good luck

Libby! Good to hear from you!
can't wait for ours to be built haha!

Hi all.. Did any of you opt for front double doors in the reserve range ? If so, how much did they quote you ?

Reserve range includes one timber (stained) 2340 x 920. For a double configuration of 2340 x 820, they have quoted us $1,475.
This is just for standard doors and then the fancy door selection will be on top. e.g. WINB4G doors are additional $2,456 !!
that's correct. We upgraded to 2340*1200 with designer door & handle with tri lock. cost us $3200 on top.
bhutani.sumit
that's correct. We upgraded to 2340*1200 with designer door & handle with tri lock. cost us $3200 on top.

1200 wide would be a Pivot door.. ? That's standard pricing for a Pivot door.. We have opted for just standard hinged doors.
baronx
bhutani.sumit

1200 wide would be a Pivot door.. ? That's standard pricing for a Pivot door.. We have opted for just standard hinged doors.

That's right. It's Pivot door. it is a standard price.
baronx
Hi all.. Did any of you opt for front double doors in the reserve range ? If so, how much did they quote you ?

Reserve range includes one timber (stained) 2340 x 920. For a double configuration of 2340 x 820, they have quoted us $1,475.
This is just for standard doors and then the fancy door selection will be on top. e.g. WINB4G doors are additional $2,456 !!
Yap, I've paid $1475 for a double 2340 x 720 door with clear glazing.

Hello All,

Just a quick question,

do henley provider any handover present at the time of settlement.???
zee1308
Hello All,

Just a quick question,

do henley provider any handover present at the time of settlement.???

Hi Zee! I haven’t even started building, but going by the Facebook Henley site, they do. Looks like a decent pack with chopping board and other things.

Apr 11, 2018 12:32 pm

Hi all got a question, do Henley homes let you do custom changes in house design. Cause they just declined every single request I have asked them to do.

Wonder is it me only or everyone. I signed up with them last year and house prices are changed dramatically now, my design got $34k difference maybe they want me to leave ??

I was told Henley dont do custom changes anymore now due to policy changes...
Dverma

Hi all got a question, do Henley homes let you do custom changes in house design. Cause they just declined every single request I have asked them to do.

Wonder is it me only or everyone. I signed up with them last year and house prices are changed dramatically now, my design got $34k difference maybe they want me to leave ??

Hi Dverma,

Henley used to until last year but now they have stopped. If it is not huge structural changes they try to accommodate but again it depends on your admin, i recon you would have been assigned admin by now?

which house design you have selected, we are building Monaco Q3 under construction stage.
RDhar_2016
Dverma

Hi Dverma,

Henley used to until last year but now they have stopped. If it is not huge structural changes they try to accommodate but again it depends on your admin, i recon you would have been assigned admin by now?

which house design you have selected, we are building Monaco Q3 under construction stage.

I got my admin assigned last week, as my land getting titled soon.

But my admin said I have to contact sales for all structural changes as with her it will be mostly interiors and rest of the process.

And sales told me not structural changes anymore I can choose addon only.
Dverma
RDhar_2016
Dverma

Hi Dverma,

But my admin said I have to contact sales for all structural changes as with her it will be mostly interiors and rest of the process.

/quote]It used to depend on how big of a structural change you want. We switched bed2 and leisure and knocked down the wall adjoining theatre and study for our sahara lux q2(sahara 36).

Dverma
RDhar_2016
Dverma

Hi Dverma,

/quote]

This year they have been really strict on structural changes. We swapped the theatre and study in the Aegean (which was common) but now they straight out refuse.
I’m guessing it adds extra time to the build and there’s a greater chance of errors which costs them $$$.
Considering the demand for new builds, most volume builders want to put together houses as quick as possible.

Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum