Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Homestart - Providence - Keys Keys Keys!!

Page 16 of 17
Congratulations Vetty!!! Can't wait to see more pics.

Kdolls
vetty congratulations on pci dates!! What an exciting news for you!

Our build thread:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=73578
Yay Vetty, been having a catch up and so good to hear you have PCI. Not long now!
Thanks guys

Marcia, soooo good to 'see' you back here

Went past this arvo and our blinds got installed this morning
So now we are literally only waiting on the electrician to do his thang

Have our building inspector booked in so we're all set for Friday

Landscaping meeting is on Tuesday
I'm pretty sure we already know what we want and how we want it, so this should be a pretty quick meeting! Hoping that we're there when the aircon guys are there so we get to peek inside

I may have a fight on my hands with the fencing contractors as the house next door has a zero lot boundary wall and I don't want this wall as my boundary and want the fence run along side it but the fencers have said they won't do it if footings are on the boundary!! Since I'm pretty sure the footings actually enroach on our side of the boundary this may be a problem but I am up for a fight and WILL get my fence

Thinking of all the stuff to do when moving in.....
Must get a clothes line!!!!
Definitely want to seal the tiles & grout so trying to find an easy product to work with!
Have no idea about NBN, do I need to contact NBN to get it connected to the house prior to contacting the ISP or will the ISP contact NBN after Ive organised

Need more paving sand for the driveway, there are so many gaps in the paving
(or will the builders do it if I bring it up at PCI)
Need to fill in the gap in paving at the front door (really should've realised what a pain this would be and added the extra m2 of paving at prestart
)
Hubby's already worked out the soil, grass and paving needed for the backyard

Pity the bank balance won't allow me to go crazy with furniture items I want
guess that's gonna take a bit of time.....

Loving my list

Final Electrical Fitout (1/2 done)
Internal Wall Painting - Completed
Doors/Frames final paint - Completed
Blinds - Completed
New Stone - Completed
Stovetop installed - Completed
Sink and tap installed in kitchen - Completed
Splashback tiling - Completed
Insulation - Completed
Shower Screens - Completed
Mirrors - Completed
Door handles - Completed
Flyscreens - Completed
Carpet - Completed
Aircon - Completed (well almost)
Garage door - Completed
Replace removed cornices - Completed
Gutter fixes - Completed
Site Clean
Paint new cornice and above splashback (to be completed after PCI)
Interior Clean - Completed
Take black tape off window frames - Completed
PCI - 10 April
Exciting times vetty...so close now!
If that sparkie takes any longer I might just overtake you .. hope pci goes well
Lol..at alrightdave's comment.. I think you just contact your ISP...
Hope they do the fence for you, I must say the fence & landscapers were quick to give me an appointment ..I took fri 17th instead of Tues. 7th so I can at least look at pics..
Hi vetty posting to follow! It's getting late so I'll have a better read through tomorrow
But yay for PCI in a few days!!!
alrightdave
If that sparkie takes any longer I might just overtake you .. hope pci goes well

OMG Dave, I honestly thought this could happen
However, I am so so excited to say.......

Our House is COMPLETE

Finally, the electrician has completed all electricals (though I have to point out that it took another 2 visits
)

Aircon is completely installed and wired in

Now bring on PCI

Aaah my list looks so good

Guess my next one will be a PCI list then a post handover/one day I might afford it list

Final Electrical Fitout - Finally Completed
Internal Wall Painting - Completed
Doors/Frames final paint - Completed
Blinds - Completed
New Stone - Completed
Stovetop installed - Completed
Sink and tap installed in kitchen - Completed
Splashback tiling - Completed
Insulation - Completed
Shower Screens - Completed
Mirrors - Completed
Door handles - Completed
Flyscreens - Completed
Carpet - Completed
Aircon - Completed (well almost)
Garage door - Completed
Replace removed cornices - Completed
Gutter fixes - Completed
Site Clean
Interior Clean - Completed
Take black tape off window frames - Completed
PCI - 10 April
Paint new cornice and above splashback (to be completed after PCI)
Woohoo PCI is TOMORROW

And even though I have read numerous posts in regards to PCI I feel so unprepared

Anyone with any tips??? Do I need to take my own sticky dots for paint touch-ups

I have made the decision to leave the sink where it is in the Kitchen even though they have not put it where it was supposed to be (420mm from edge instead of 350mm from edge)....

I got to go in the house when the aircon guys/electricians were in there on Tuesday and got to stand in place and get a real good feel for the bench space. Even though I am disappointed with the extra space on the left and still think it is a waste and unusable, it is not taking too much from the right hand side and I still have enough bench space for my baking. However by having the sink where it is it means we have the left most cupboard with NO sink protrusion, so it is a clear space..
So this was a big seller in keeping it where it is
Whoop Whoop, Fantastic Vetty, I think I will have a sleepless night when it's my turn... Paper, pen , stickers , another pair of eyes , all handy items.. lol...
Congratulations vetty!!! So excited for you and your new home! You must be over the moon!

Our build thread:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=73578
Congrats !! Wow. Started seeing your blog last year and U already have a house and we only got a slab.
So PCI happened and.......

Nothing else yet

Our SS pointed out a few things he had already noted, We complimented our SS on the speed of the build since the Christmas break and then pointed out that the sink was in the wrong place in the kitchen. May have perhaps given him a mini heart attack with that one
until I pointed out the practical reasons of why we will accept it as is. Our SS then left us to do the rest of the inspection with our building inspector.

Our building inspector Gary mentioned that we could have done PCI without him as we were the ones pointing out items we were concerned with but the Best thing about having a building inspector for PCI is that everything we picked up on is now in a report and references an Australian Standard. Unfortunately, the report is quite long and comprehensive and we now have NO idea of when we may get keys

Most things are only minor but enough that it will take a number of different trades and since these tradies haven't been booked in for weeks there may be issues with scheduling them in, so who knows...

One thing our inspector picked up on is that the tops and bottoms of the doors aren't painted (something we would never have noticed) and this is a bone of contention with our SS (unfortunately, his attitude towards hubby when discussing this has really put him down a notch in my opinion). Our SS states that it is not something they do and our Inspector states that it MUST be sealed and gloss coated in accordance with Australian Standards

Another major issue is the fact that they have NOT flumed the kitchen rangehood to outside air. The tubing is all there and the external flume is there but they didn't connect it and now the Air-conditioning is in and it will take a tiny gymnast to reach it to get it connected
Why oh why wasn't this done as soon as the rangehood was installed

Now we are in limbo land
The house is complete except for minor works/repairs but we don't know when these items will be finished or when we will get keys. The SS spoke to hubby yesterday and said he would update him on Thursday next week, well we were hoping to get keys on Friday
I have no idea when to approve the final payment and pick up the cheque. We need to give 3 days notice to get the cheque, we don't want to get it too early but don't want them to call us to pick up the keys and not have it ready
Ahhh very bittersweet vetty!

The doors thing has to be frustrating. Though if you guys aren't too fussed about it (if...) then I wouldn't stress it too much if its going to delay things?

The flume for the rangehood is another story however!

Hopefully its all sorted quickly and we see a post about your getting keys very soon!
Sending Positive vibes for those keys, Vetty. Thanks for the heads up on the doors & flumes, will check mine..
Sending Positive vibes for those keys, Vetty. Thanks for the heads up on the doors & flumes, will check mine..
Most builders don't paint the tops and bottoms .my first house didn't either . I think they should be done but didn't ask at prestart . I didn't think it was a Australian standard thing though .
We also had 3 exhaust not flumed out everything was there but they where not connected .
Hi Vetty just checked my doors and there's a pink coating on them, they not glossed coated.
Vetty! How is it all going? Congrats on PCI! Are you in now?
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum