Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Somerfield Estate - Keysborough

Page 3 of 3
Hi Evelyn
I'm stage 33
I think there are some people from stage 20. Where are you upto in your building stage??
Phoenix you are not going to like this. We have finally started to build. Our frame is almost finished. Anymore news on your place. I drove past the other day and still nothing. Your next door neighbourso have put all their soil on your land. Not very nice.
I hope you are able to start soon.
We are stage 19 also.

Emily that's great news for you guys! How awesome. That's gone very fast!

We spoke to the council last week and that permit we were waiting on is all approved its just the paperwork that needs to be done now which could take another week or 2 ... THEN Metricon will be able to apply for the building permit. It's so crazy. I'm really hoping that doesn't take a stupid amount of time as well.
We've been walking past the last few nights and noticed the pile of dirt as well - as long as they get rid of it all after I suppose it's ok lol.
Evelyn how's your build going? We noticed that most of the houses that went up quite quickly after we settled were all by Simonds and Carlisle homes.
I hope that the building permit will not take too long. I can't remember how long it took for us. There were so many waiting periods that I can't even remember what they were for.

So i went past last night as i got the invoice for the framing stage. When we got there noticed that there was glass all out the front and then again near our back door. They smashed the big back stacka door and one window. Wooops, surely they could have chosen a cheaper window to smash and not the door.
Hopefully they can get another one soon.

Evelyn, how is your build going? what stage are you upto?
emily05
Hi Evelyn
I'm stage 33
I think there are some people from stage 20. Where are you upto in your building stage??

Sorry, guys, been away from this website as I had a surgery 2 days ago. Now I'm back! We are building with Simonds at lot 1907. Last week when we went there, and realized they put the floor tiles down already. We will go and have a look again this Sunday, hopefully they can finish the carpet.

We are expecting that we can move in before X'mas. But the sad thing is our neighbors haven't started their building yet...

How r u guys going?
phoenix888
Evelyn how's your build going? We noticed that most of the houses that went up quite quickly after we settled were all by Simonds and Carlisle homes.

Hi Phoenix, which lot r u building at? Yeah, Simonds started very early. We got our building permit at around 25th of Aug? And u know they do the first few stages pretty soon...
Stage 19 checking in. There's a big bulk of Simonds homes on Frenchman that's for sure.
Hi all,

What driveway and fencing companies have you gone with?
And how have you all gone about sharing the cost of fencing?
Hi, has anyone in stage 19-22 connected their free-to-air TV using optic cable? I noticed that we don't need to install antenna for the TV in the estate. I called Telstra to have it connected but was told that for stage 19-22 Telstra is not responsible for the connection but another company, is it true? What did you do to have your TV free-to-air signal?
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum