Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Lakelands WA - siteworks??

Page 1 of 1
I’ve seen a few people are building in Lakelands, and just wondering how much your site works were?

We’ve been quoted just under $9k by our builder, but had a few people say to expect double that once they start work - none of these people have actually built in Lakelands!! Starting to panic that we could he hit with a big bill!! :/
We are building in lakelands and our site works were estimated quite high because their surveyor said there was limestone below the surface that would require a rock breaker - and wanted to charge us $7k for it!

We got a credit back for soakwells, and did them ourselves through another company that laid horizontal ones not vertical, and that only came to about $2k all up!

We are backing onto the Quarry, but everyone in our street said the same that their builder wanted to charge more than they got it done elsewhere. Who are you building with?

I will have a look tonight how much our siteworks ended up being all up. Where in lakelands are you building?
Thanks for the reply!

We are building with Celebration Homes, and we have bought (hopefully, just waiting on our unconditional finance) on Yindana Blvd, across from the park with the pond.

I’m just terrified they come back and say they need an extra $X as we are on such a tight budget!
Ohhhh I think I know which block
We drive past it every day when we go check on our house, we're on Garcia loop and have just had our tiling finished

Out site works provision sums came to $9714, then we got a quote for an additional quote for $7k for a rock breaker, which we didn't go through with. We got a credit back for our soakwells which was $2500 got got someone else to put them in for $2k

Here's a pic of our site survey if it helps:

Look forward to watching your build
Hey also building in Lakelands we are the other side of the pond so if it's the block I am thinking of then we also drive past everyday when we go & check out our house! Our site costs were $7870, no one ever mentioned to us that there could be limestone so expect the costs to be high but to be honest I didn't even think of it. Looking forward to following your build, hope everything goes well!
Torz we have someone else to stalk, yay
Haha I know it's great hey!? Gives us something to do once our builds are done
Ha ha, thanks guys! Fingers crossed a sold sign goes up at the end of the week!! That’s good to know that neither of you had issues! Maybe a bit of an “old wives tale” in Mandurah that Lakelands cost you a fortune to build on!

Really hoping everything goes to plan this time, as we lost a block in Seascapes, in March, as Keystart took too long to get our finance through.
kcm1y
Thanks for the reply!

We are building with Celebration Homes, and we have bought (hopefully, just waiting on our unconditional finance) on Yindana Blvd, across from the park with the pond.

I’m just terrified they come back and say they need an extra $X as we are on such a tight budget!

We are building with CH as well... we signed our contract with them back in Dec 2012 after tooing and froing re the site costs. Finally they gave us a price based on the Engineers Report, but when it finally went to council (Gosnells) they wouldn't approve the Finished Floor Level (FFL) and then CH met us on-site and told us the site works were going ot be an extra $20k (sounded like a "plucked" figure to me) that was after agreeing to the extra site costs ($16k) above the initial allowance of $25k... we were also on a super tight budget (building 2 houses on the same block). We would have had to pull out of hte contract as this would have bankrupted us and made the project unviable. CH came to the party and absorbed (???) the costs.... but since then the building project is taking forever...
We are currently building with Contentliving in Lakelands and sitework is estimated at around $5k not much. Hope this helps.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum