Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Celebration Homes: The Court in Aspiri

Page 1 of 2
Howdy all!

Well.. Third topic about a home I'm about to build with Celebrations, but this one's it! Prelim works contract signed! But that was after giving the sales rep a heart attack on April fools saying we were going with someone else...

We're building the Court in Aspiri, Piara Waters, with a few variations:
- double doors to cinema
- double basin, double shower in ensuite
- raised ceilings throughout entire house
- double sliders to bed 3 & 4
- few extra doors here and there
- laundry/toilet walls moved around to make room for a WIL
- Sirius elevation mixed with the Sol and Archer (no point looking like the Jones')

I'll try suss out how to put a pic online and post here.

Looking forward to titles coming out in June (they will DEFINITELY come out in June!) to start works and host Christmas at ours!
Hey!

We're building something similar to you.. We're building the maxim by new generation homes.. If you don't mind me asking.. How big was your land?
We're building on a 570sqm block (19x30). The Maxim has an awesome elevation and yeah very similar design!

We went and looked at a similar design over the weekend on a 17x30 block and were extremely excited when we realised we will have enough room for a pool out back!
Here's a pic of our design that we are going with:

That's exciting
we're on a smaller block but so happy that the house fits the block! Would've love a pool but cbb knowing that I'll have to clean it hahah..
Nice. Your plan looks great!
nice. glad to see you finally found a plan right for you. I would so very much love a pool. but my partner says it too expensive to have an maintain for the amount we would use it.
Plans looks great, we are also building in Aspiri, titles just got released
That's great news powerrangers!
Was that for stage 8-9 that were due in April? Ours are due June, so fingers crossed we'll get them then or early July!
Yes stage 8 titles were just released end of last month not long to go now for you too : )
Awesome! Celebration homes are going up full steam ahead in Aspiri
Yeah I noticed a bunch of celebration homes all over the joint being built! Be interesting to see how long it takes from slab to finish with all the same tradies working on the same street!
Our slab went down on the 20th Feb. Handover in 6 weeks time.
Wow! That's quick! With news like that and titles becoming available on time, that'd mean we'd be in by Christmas!

We're a bit flat at the moment because our sales rep quit after we signed the PWC and we don't really have a go-to person any more for our questions. Still happy with Celebrations, but I think they need to review their procedure for how to keep customers happy when someone leaves...
There is a period of time between signing and titles that can be a bit of a lull. I found that too. Once you get to this part though you realise the sales consultant is only a tiny percent of the contact, they disappear after that and you'll get assigned to the Construction Coordinator. Our CC left the day after we did our pre start paperwork so I was a bit put out when that happened, but we have a great CC now, and she is always happy to answer any curly questions. You'll find there's lots more communication once the construction phase starts.
Ah thanks for that, that's good to hear! We had an email come through today stating our contracts should be all ready and we'll be able to do pre-start! Super pumped! Now I have to learn the difference between warm and cool colours
We found pre-start easier by doing the following:

- Visit a few different display homes
- Note down rooms you like (eg bathroom in Display home X, laundry in display home Y)
- At prestart meeting use that as a reference.
- make minor changes if you want

Unless you are really good at deciding 500 different selections in a short meeting
hi Clinno

looking at you home design its very cool we are living in very smiler home .with 25 % changes as we are building new home with celebration home as well .we love that open plane living it is cool .contempery modern kind of style .

we have been to prestart wile ago and that was little bit disappointment for us . so hear is the tips mate they might help you

pre-start tips

1 get you sails rep to price everything even they say you can do it at pre-start big no no. DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

2 with you laminate you can go to laminex show room in ousbourne park and pick you bigger range you will love it

3 if you haven picked all the selection out of the builder range pryer to pre-start as the pre-start people are shocking mate that couldn't wate to throw you out of the office quick as they can

4 must do preselection pryer to pre-start in osbourne office . preselect every thing give you time to think.as a pre-start lades all they intreated in do there paperwork

5 DO NOT relay on pre-start lady to give you any ideas about any thing as because that not helpful as you might think

6 ONSE YOU HAVE DONE THE PRE-START ANY FURTHER CHANGES WILL BE COSTING YOU 350 $ EACH

7 DO NOT CHANGE ANY WINDOW OR A EXTERNAL WALL ON PRE-START AS IT WILL COST EXTRA AND PUT YOU BACK FRO ANOTHER MONTH AND EXTRA CHARG MONTH FOR RE SUBMISSION OF PLANS TO COUNCIL

I HOPE THIS HELP
Hi all,my wife and I have just been through pre-start and found them to be very helpful in all regards. We made internal changes and a few other changes which were priced up and conveyed to us after we had finished muddling our way through selection where again our consultant was helpful. We hadn't used our prior visit to the showroom wisely so were pretty much picking as we went. So far from sales to pre-start it's been encouraging. We're about to build in Meadow Springs Mandurah on our 704 sqm corner block, yay some room to move. I'll probably start a build thread once earth works begin.
Thanks for the tips Mr Singh. We're pretty set with all our walls, windows and have all our upgrade wish-list priced up well in advance. Just have two weeks to finalise our tiles (swear I spend 20 hours per week staring at all our samples lined up along the wall).

That's good to hear happyhouse! Looking forward to following your thread!

I went to Intelligent homes yesterday to discuss smartifying our home. Getting data points in family, theatre and main bed and a few other things for around $4k extra. Thought I may as we'll get it done now as I've seen how costly it can be doing it all later. Had to get outta there quick smart before I whipped out the cheque book for a $10k theatre!

Titles and pre-start should all be coming over the next couple of weeks. Can't wait to stop paying rent!!
Related
3/05/2023
Preparing a court base

General Discussion

I've filled, levelled and compacted around 100mm of roadbase in preparation to lay some outdoor court tiles. Prior to doing the final compaction, I dusted the top with…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum