Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Independent Building Inspector - Point Cook area

Page 1 of 1
Anyone with recommendations for a good building inspector? what costs would I be looking at? Building with Burbank in Kingsford
Hi knight,

Problem soil area I believe... good luck if slab already poured.
As to building inspector do you mean building consultant? You already have a Building Inspector (note capitals) for the job if you have a permit... appointed by the building Surveyor.

But prices vary considerably as does the capability of building consultants, but high price often does not mean high capability.

In my opinion you need one who is capable, has a definition of defect which includes all implied warranties and who gets on the roof, is fit and gets into the roof space, looks at roof plumbing.

That will get rid of at least half of those available, so good luck. For Stage Inspections such as frame stage, lock-up, completion, prices vary from about $400 to over $700 for some larger companies, but ask them about their disclaimers... larger companies in particular. Travel can also be a problem with most consultants living on the other side of the city,

Good luck and cheers,

Leonardo_23
Related
9/02/2024
My Building inspector v My builder's inspector

General Discussion

I would send it to the certifier who is technically your representative and working on your behalf not the builder's

12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

24/10/2023
Independent Building Inspectors - I had my first one

Building A New House

That is a really good attitude Akin to you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I do enjoy watching that tik tok inspector from Victoria but he does go a little…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum