Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Buying survey strata property to demolish and build new home

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

Found this wonderful forum through Whirlpool Forums.

I am thinking of buying a property to rent for a few years, demolish existing house and build a new house to move in. All of the properties I have had a look in REIWA for my affordable price are strata titled or survey-strata titled. I've always only heard negative things about it being strata titled. Anybody I ask for advise would say, go for green titled.

Most recent response to an inquiry I had to a property was as follows:
Property is survey-strata titled; however, no common property and no shared infrastructure for services such as sewage, gas etc.

My questions are:
If it has no common property and no shared infrastructure, then why is it not green titled?
Are there any restrictions in a survey-strata title that I should be aware of since it is not green-titled (especially since I am planning to demolish the house years later)?

Thanks and much appreciate your help.
I created a survey strata with the rear of my block. I also have no common property but my house sewer runs at thru the strata block. It was going to coat me $500 plus per meter for approx 25 mtrs to have a green title. I have lived in a strata duplex before and had no issues so I subdivided it survey strata. When I build there will be nothing adjoined.
Related
20/02/2024
Conveyancing & property inspectors for new home build?

Building A New House

If you are in Victoria you have a statutory right to your own building inspector regardless of builder's consent. No negotiations are required. However the builder will…

17/11/2023
Help understanding Boundary Survey and Nail Location

Building A New House

ask the surveyor for clarification would be the logical approach

29/03/2024
Contour and indentifying survey cost - brisbane

General Discussion

Give "Holt Surveying" they are based around Eight Mile Plains

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros