Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Builder -Rockwall Homes - have you worked with them?

Page 2 of 2
hi tongjixianing,

we are on lot 350 Belford ave. We are building with kurmond homes. We got our bal assessment yesterday and quite surprised to be rated as 29. We were expecting 12.5. Does anyone know the cost for complying Bal 29 requirements. We have seen many of the Rockwall Homes coming up so hope you get a decent tender.. what is your lot no ?? are going single storey or double ?
My name is Mario Sarac and I am the Director and owner of Sarpel Homes. We thank High roller for editing his post
Hi Guys,

Me and my wife built a duplex in Blacktown with Rockwall in 2011 which we sold and are now back to build another to sell. It took around 12 months to build with taking into account some rain periods. Other than that everything else was perfect. They did not charge me anything extra to build and stuck to the contract. In fact they added a door to the study for free and gave me downlights to the ground floor free. My honest opinion is that Rockwall is bang for buck and pretty straight forward dealing with the guys there. Where starting the process again as these guys made it easy.

Rockwall Home is a Sydney based construction firm which we have worked with numerous times in the past few years, from our experience with them they do quite a bit of custom housing and duplexes. We have never had any complaints about these guys and they have been efficient with everything they do. From my point of view their pricing is on par with everyone building in Sydney at the moment. I can see there are some negative reviews in the past year but with any professional there are always going to be a certain number of people who are unhappy with final product, price and there some people that are down right rude.

Good luck all on your home/investment construction and owning your piece of Sydney.
Rockwall homes have stuffed up my neighbours house in Kellyville at LJ Drive.
Look for a house miles in the air.
Its sitting almost 2 metres higher than the kerb.
It was built nearly 1.5m higher than the design height and now they cannot drive into their garage.
Hi All,

Does anyone here know about concrete encasement, Rockwall just quoted me $8,000 to concrete encase 20 metres of sewer!

Apparently there are special plumbers that do it, not all plumbers have a license to do the work so I cant get my own quote. Would apprecaite feedback from anyone else who had issues with Rockwall.
I just rang Rockwall Homes as an initial enquiry and asked for a price guide on single storey homes. Not only did the person who answered the phone just say 'Hello' in the most unenthusiastic tone, but I had to ask twice if I had reached Rockwall Homes because I thought it was a wrong number!!

There wasn't a professional introduction such as 'Hi, this is Rockwall Homes', it was the first warning bell. I asked if a price guide could be emailed to me please, he said 'we don't have anything to email you' in a rude tone. However, he then offered to give prices over the phone.

As I began to ask for what I needed, he yelled - and I mean yelled - 'YEAH' to someone in the background. To the point my ear was ringing. It was the most rude, unprofessional, and pathetic display of customer service I've encountered in a long time.

We have a block ready to go, we are looking for a great builder, and after that very brief phone call, I would never consider you and I would tell anyone who mentions your business name to run a mile. If that's the impression you're happy to give potential clients in a competitive market, all I can say is wow, I'm gobsmacked at how poor your level of service is.
My name is Krish. I am in charge of customer service at Rockwall Homes. I answered the phone that day. My exact words were “Thank you for calling Rockwall, Krish speaking". As I have answered thousands times before, I have never answered the phone “hello” and my manager never allowed to answer with Hello. This person called and asked for the price list. I explained this person, we don’t have price list as our home are custom design homes and prices vary depending on each individual wish list.
My initial thought, when this person called was that it must be a competitor wanting to know our prices because no customer ever calls and asks for an entire price list of single story, double stories, and duplexes.
My initial may be correct. In any circumstance, I apologies if I have said something to upset this person. Please feel free to call, if you want to discuss.
Hi PaulieD,

I have been a builder for over 30 years and have concrete encased many times. Concrete Encasement is requiredwhen the house you will build is located in the zone of influence of the sewer lines. That is because it impacts the Sydney Water asset hence required a concrete encasement.

Last one i did cost me $350 per lineal Mtr. Check Sydney waters website section 73 "Sydney Water coordinators & Licensed Plumbers" they will be able to quote you. $8000 sounds about right.

As for Silent Observer the builder is not responsible for the level of the house that is determined by council or private certifier the builder should build according to the approved plans and engineerings. Check your plans to see what the ffl (finished floor level) is and if they havent followed the ffl in the plans then they have a case to answer to.

Good luck with it all.
Hi everyone, I am a current client of Rockwall homes and am happy with the progress to date. The building industry can be renowned for issues of contract pricing and conflicting views concerning variations. With any contract or agreement, you need to do your homework. My house still has a few months to go, but considering the rain we have had in April and May, things are moving along. Whilst they aren't the most well known builders, or haven't been around for too long, you still need to do your research and ask questions. I'm presently building in Kellyville and my neighbours have some stories about the more mainstream builders. If you communicate regularly with yr project mgr and ensure you practise a bit of teamwork, I think it certainly assists. Anyway, all good so far with Rockwall. Good luck everyone! The Eagle
They are the same blokes as Rockwall Constructions whose license is cancelled by the DFT. Just re-birthed themselves to Rockwall Homes. So next time they accumulate many claims, they just close that company and start another one.
Actually Rockwall Homes is a marketing arm and Rockwall Construction is a builder. Both are licensed last I checked. You can check for yourself at Fair trading.
They are biggest lier ... Please stay away from them ... We had a give a work to them but they stuffed up ... even they didn't paid to their sub contractor ...many up and down in their staff member as well ...
jb_money
Rockwall Home is a Sydney based construction firm which we have worked with numerous times in the past few years, from our experience with them they do quite a bit of custom housing and duplexes. We have never had any complaints about these guys and they have been efficient with everything they do. From my point of view their pricing is on par with everyone building in Sydney at the moment. I can see there are some negative reviews in the past year but with any professional there are always going to be a certain number of people who are unhappy with final product, price and there some people that are down right rude.

Good luck all on your home/investment construction and owning your piece of Sydney.

Hi jb_money,

Do you have Rockwall Homes' number or contact details? I need to contact them regarding construction. Thank you.
Related
23/04/2024
Omaxe homes - Melbourne - anyone built with them?

Building A New House

I haven’t. But have a Lowe Design home. Not only did I find Matt Lowe patronising and a bully, but the home is NOT TO CODE. I have water coming through the bricks…

13/02/2024
Safety screens! Worth them?

Safer Living

Hi everyone. I am a single mother with little daughter, living in a small tourist town in WA Australia. I am thinking to install security screens to all the doors and…

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum