Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Kelsey78’s Home in Honeywood DAH Build-KEYS!!!

Page 36 of 36
I totally understand about eating dinner and seeing things that a done poorly . Even in the shower lol.
I was watching the block the other night and anastaisia was having a block moment about her kitchen . Then scotty said to her it's not the end of the world it's just the block . We have our health that's most important . I just cried coz we all know how it feels to not get the end product we won't but we should have .
I have no doubt that your things will get fixed .
There are things in my home that I hate and have to look at everyday . But I promise you as time goes on you will accept it . Because you start to relize that trades come to fix things and they still only do a ok job and most time they are handymen and I'm sure your partner could do a better job . You also learn what to fight for to be fixed and what would be better left alone .
You will start your backyard and you will have something else to look at instead of your home . You will go to other people's houses and relize what you have is truely lovely .
We all come on here and we see other peoples home and we comment .but sometimes it can make us feel down because we see something we won't and don't have .we say to ourselves why can't I love my house as much as everyone else . In time you will ,all you need to do is pop some photos up so we can comment on them and get your spirits high again . Xx
Hey Kelsey, I think you just need to keep on DA until they come back and fix it. The old saying squeaky wheel gets the grease is so true when it comes to building. The more you hassle then for something the more likely you are to get it. They know that if they don't sort it out to an acceptable level then you are going to keep pestering them. I work in claims and when I know someone is super annoying I make it my goal to work on their file first so they don't call me haha! It's sad but true. Just keep pursing them until it's perfect and you are happy with it.

That is appalling Kelsey that response. Mistakes are one thing, but the way it is being handled and the way you are both being spoken to is another thing. I really do feel for you. I agree to keep persisting so it is at a level you are happy with. You deserve to love your home and feel happy coming home to it each day
Hey Kelsey was there a house fire in one of the places just near the first round-a-bout last week?
Congrats on the move.
Now that you're in, you can watch over my place and give me updates while it gets finished

Perth_Euro
Hey Kelsey was there a house fire in one of the places just near the first round-a-bout last week?

There was. Someone left their dryer on and a passer by noticed smoke coming from the house.
Lucky the person was walking (in the rain as well) to call the fireys

Also, im pretty sure they left the dryer on the front lawn (for the pickup) so you can see it haha
Quote:
Also, im pretty sure they left the dryer on the front lawn (for the pickup) so you can see it haha

Yep I saw that on the front lawn, and a bit of tape out the front.
That's a real pity about something's not being up to scratch, and that Dales now getting things sorted! Like you said I think SS is the big part here, we fortunately had an awesome one, and everything has been looked after.. Couple things I'm still waiting on and probably been a bit missed but not pressing issues so an email to the. CLO will get them back on top...

I wouldn't settle without getting the things you want sorted! It really sucks that they aren't doing anything since handover, I still email my. CLO for anything and she puts work orders through to whoever it may be to fix it.. I have had an amazing response from the after handover and honestly thought tht would be happening across the board. Don't give up! It's not your issues to fix and cost you money, you have already payed for the job to be completed at a satisfactory level. If it's not get it done right by the people who got payed the first time!! Ask to deal with someone else if your CLO is not being receptive anymore maybe?
Oh Kelsey ... how deflating. I'm in the same camp as Belzey, that sometimes it is easier to cut your losses and fix things yourself, less stressful and then you know the job is done properly.

We too have taken keys finally and have spent the last two weeks getting the house ready to move into (blinds, curtains, driveway, security etc). We move in tomorrow. However, I reckon about 75% of my floor tiles have paint spots on them, you can play connect-the-paintdots in the bathtub, there are two different power points used in the house (WTF!), things we asked to have fixed on our PCI list that weren't. We have made them come back and fix the fence and the roller doors get done next week. But the little things ... I've just chalked them up to experience and we will fix over time. I know it should all come back on the builder as they employ the trades, but some trades will never treat your house like you would, to them it is just another job to get paid for, to rush through to move to the next job and their care factor is below zero.

Your skirting boards are such a big part of your house, you do need to chase that up. But if you can, enjoy the bones and make the house a home. Don't let DA beat you ... you waited far too long to get into this house to have it make you unhappy.
Hi Kelsey, how's it going? Has DAH come to rectify anything yet?

Hi Kelsey, I hope everything's going well for you? Hoping DA have rectified their mistakes and you finally feel at home x
Hi Kelsey I'm a bit late to the party I thought I had posted on your thread but evidently not. I'm really sorry to hear of your quality issues - I hope they've sorted some of them by now. Did you send the email you said you were going to? Did you get any reaction to it? I really hope so x
Hey Kelsey how's everything going?
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

4/04/2024
New Home Build - Boundary Retaining Wall replacement advice

Building A New House

Can anyone recommend a good/affordable retaining wall and fence builder that I can get a quote from located in Sydney?

20/02/2024
Conveyancing & property inspectors for new home build?

Building A New House

If you are in Victoria you have a statutory right to your own building inspector regardless of builder's consent. No negotiations are required. However the builder will…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum