Mar 17, 2014 2:48 pm
We have recently selected a St Tropez plan with Home Buyers Centre to build our first home and are currently going through our pre-start selections before we go for our prestart appointment. We are waiting for our final plans to be drawn before we can proceed to prestart. This is the plan we are going to be building.
The changes we chose to make so far are as follows
1. Master bedroom to have double vanity in bathroom
2. Extended shower to make it double the size in the plan and also have two shower heads.
3. Extended the fridge space to 1100mm so we can fit our double door fridge
4. Included a sliding door to the Lounge/theatre and requested to only have a highlight window in there.
5. Included a normal door to the study
6. Include a trough to the laundry with cupboards underneath.
7. As we will be not so far from a reserve (bushland) we also included a firesafe option for the house as follows:
· Flyscreens to all windows and sliding doors to be aluminium.
· Windows to Bed 1, Wir, Family and Dining to be 4mm grade A safety glass.
· Family and Laundry sliding door to be grade A safety glass.
· Garage and Entry door frames to be Jarrah.
· Ember seal to garage door.
· Sarking to the entire roof area.
· Roof to be sealed at the fascia, valley, hips and ridges.
· Roof vents to be fitted with ember guards.
8. Tiling to all main areas and back corridor that goes to the other bedrooms (apparently the standard is to have these carpeted regardless of what floor finish you choose for the main areas)
We thought of increasing the alfresco to the end of bedroom 4 since there is no window on that side but then decided to leave it as we saw and had some landscaping ideas we liked that utilise that space in a nice way as a lovely view from the alfresco.
Is anyone else building with homebuyers who can shed some light on some recent prestart selections made. When we initially got our prestart file it didn't include gloss panels for the bathrooms and kitchen so I called them up to find out how we can get them and they advised that they were in the process of introducing a new range where gloss panels can be chosen as part of the standard package. I asked again about 3 weeks later and the range has now been introduced so we will be getting the gloss panels.
Are there any other variations anyone could propose to assist us. Will be completing prestart selections this weekend and then will post our colour schemes.
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
sparekhHelpful tools for First home buyersHelpful tools for First home buyers
Hi everyone, Does anyone know any tools or website that could help first home buyers do following: 1) Keep track of Cost 2) Allow to make a list of inclusions with cost…
MoanaGuidance on picking a builder - Brissy first home buyersGuidance on picking a builder - Brissy first home buyers
Hi guys, We are first home buyers and purchased land in Flagstone (near Jimboomba) in QLD between Brissy and the Gold Coast. Whilst it is exciting, we are finding…
luxbuildBuilding Consultant or Building Inspector for first homeBuilding Consultant or Building Inspector for first home
If you are getting a construction loan the bank may also do their own inspections prior to paying, but I also agree getting your own inspector is recommended. Also if you…