Page 2 of 2

Aulyna_1
Thanks Michelle,
^_^

The entry wall has 3 fenestrations. Is it still ok? Aulyna

Do you mean 3 traffic ways?
Aulyna_1
Hi all,

Want a warm cheerful color for my feature wall, which is in the living room, the big wall people will see after step in from entry.

In the color consultant's office, found a purple one was good.

But like burgundy for a very long time, just not sure if it's good to put on a big wall.

What color do you guys to put on your wall? What do you think of burgundy as a feature wall?

Thanks, Aulyna

Red has the opposite effect of blue; it increases blood pressure and respiration rate. Red also makes people lose track of time and stimulates appetite. Red is a powerful color so it´s is generally best used as an accent. However, certain shades like orange-red and brown-red may be muted; they are cozy, comforting earth colors like terra cottas, brick, and cinnabar.

The same would apply to Burgundy.
Thanks Michelle,

Wonderful photos!

May I ask the color code of the feature wall? Is it burgundy or aubergine?

Regards, Aulyna
No idea got the photos off Google!!

If you like when I get home I can try and find Dulux colours to match.
Michelle
No idea got the photos off Google!!

If you like when I get home I can try and find Dulux colours to match.

Yes, please. ^_^ ^_^ ^_^
Michelle
Red has the opposite effect of blue; it increases blood pressure and respiration rate. Red also makes people lose track of time and stimulates appetite. Red is a powerful color so it´s is generally best used as an accent. However, certain shades like orange-red and brown-red may be muted; they are cozy, comforting earth colors like terra cottas, brick, and cinnabar.

The same would apply to Burgundy.

My mum also found in Feng Shui, among other things, that red is good for people who are anemic - which goes with what Michelle has posted above. It's supposed to be good for restoring energy. I haven't found that to be the case yet

Aulyna_1, this is a photo of the feature wall in my bedroom

The colour is Dulux Forest Fruit Pink.
Aulyna_1 colours to look for –

Dulux

1) Cherry Pie
2) Sheringa Rose…..Very nice!
3) Moroccan Leather
4) Burnished Bark
5) Shaded Fuchsia

There is a bit of mix in the list, from deep Rosy/Plumbs, to deep red/burgundy.

All very nice colours, each one will depend how brave you are in your feature colours.
Colleen….you did well matching your feature wall to your doona cover!

Very nice.
Michelle
Colleen….you did well matching your feature wall to your doona cover!

Very nice.

Thanks but the doona cover will probably go. I'm going to get a coffee coloured one. The burgundy one is a leftover from the old house where I could only dream of having a burgundy bedroom.
Hi there,

All i can say is be very cautions when choosing strong colour for feature walls, as the lighting in the room can most certainly change the entire effect of the newly painted wall.

Bright lights, dull lights, directional lights, etc, make sure you take this into consideration.

Hope this helps.
Hi MICA,

Thanks for your advice. I always though feature wall would be strong colors

Would you please send me some photos?

Regards, Aulyna
MICA
Hi there,

All i can say is be very cautions when choosing strong colour for feature walls, as the lighting in the room can most certainly change the entire effect of the newly painted wall.

Bright lights, dull lights, directional lights, etc, make sure you take this into consideration.

Hope this helps.

That’s what makes a strong feature colour more interesting.

I have a house full of very strong colours, lots of mood lighting and ceiling lighting and they look great.
Michelle
MICA
Hi there,

Hope this helps.

That’s what makes a strong feature colour more interesting.

I have a house full of very strong colours, lots of mood lighting and ceiling lighting and they look great.

Photos, please

Regars, Aulyna
Dining room feature wall

Lounge room fireplace wall

Bedroom

The blue colour is also in the toilet on the cistern wall.
There is also a Teal Green in the second bedroom, which I have never taken a photo of.

As you can see, I don’t do the norm, as everyone else does.
I stay away from what is popular at the time.
Thanks Michelle ^_^

Very NICE house!

LOVE the color of your lounge room fireplace wall. What's that, color code?

Regards,

Aulyna
Not sure of the colour code. I can give that to you later when I’m home.

The colour is called Dulux Royal Battle!
It’s a VERY strong navy blue.

Photos never do my place justice, its warm and cosy, with a very much holiday resort feel to it, which is just how I like it.
Michelle
That’s what makes a strong feature colour more interesting. I have a house full of very strong colours, lots of mood lighting and ceiling lighting and they look great.

Whilst I bagged the bajesus out of the feature walls in our "new" place and the previous occupants choice of feature colors - what I like about your feature walls and Riksters is the bold use of color, no pussyfooting around with shades but saying out and out this wall is blue, and not mixing it with another color on another wall in the same room as you can see from our photos.

In our previous house we had one wall in Seductress a very strong burgundy color but that was it the rest was neutral with the decor picking up the warm tones.
Very true Mike!

A feature wall is just that………..a feature wall!
Nothing in the room should oppose that wall; everything has to complement it.
Otherwise the whole effect is lost.

If somehow or other I could do an areal view of the interior of my house you would see that every feature wall colour is complemented and carried through into the next room somehow or other.

Making ALL feature walls in my home connecting!

Its important no to have too many feature walls in a home, as they loose their point……feature!
Related
4/10/2023
Roof and Garage color

Building A New House

I would probably definitely consider contrasting out garage door (e.g. light ash would look great) and make downpipes and fascia same colour as your walls, not as your…

12/11/2023
Suggestions for acrylic render Color

General Discussion

Suggestions please for acrylic rendering Color to match austral brick urban one pepper. Pic for reference. Thanks

3/02/2024
Color Thoughts | Renovators Delight

Finishing Touch

Were struck with: Colorbond Ironstone Grey roof and cream windows. What color should we render and paint the garage door to tone down the cream windows? Farm House, will…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum