Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Courtview Progress!!

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I have attached pics of our land that we are building on. We are gettign contracts drawn up now!

After being delayed 9 months, things are finally ready and getting excited!!!

The block is only a smallish one - 430 sqm

Frontage is 16m but comes back to 11m at the rear and is 32m deep.

Bit of a challenge to find a nice place to build on it but we think we have found a nice plan to put on it.

This is the first ever house we will own, have rented until now!

Cheers,

Matt

mcarrigg
Hi All,

I have attached pics of our land that we are building on. We are gettign contracts drawn up now!

After being delayed 9 months, things are finally ready and getting excited!!!

The block is only a smallish one - 430 sqm

Frontage is 16m but comes back to 11m at the rear and is 32m deep.

Bit of a challenge to find a nice place to build on it but we think we have found a nice plan to put on it.
Cheers,

Where is the land?
Nice outlook Matt!

Congratulations.
Hey Joeyjbh,

The land is in Warner Lakes in the outer northern suburbs of Brisbane.

Website is www.warnerlakes.com.au

Cheers,
mcarrigg
Hey Joeyjbh,

The land is in Warner Lakes in the outer northern suburbs of Brisbane.

Website is www.warnerlakes.com.au

Cheers,

That's pretty awesome...I can see why the block is a small one, land would be premium there. I always wanted to live near lakes... my next home has to be Sanctuary Lakes in Melb, but I'll have to settle next to being next a park for now... FYI I'm also in a Peet estate, Brimbank Gardens in Melbourne.
Hey Matt, nice pics....so the retaining walls are your boundaries?
How do you put fences on top of those retaining walls for privacy?

Cant wait to see more pics....

How exciting!!!!!
Hi Phoenix,

The retaining wall on the Eastern Side is within our boundary (the boundary is on at the edge of the retaining on the high side (if you know what I mean).

The boundary on the western side runs to the high side edge of the retaining walls and i would imagine the rear boundary is the retaining wall.

Peet (developer) actually provides all side and rear boundary fencing done by their contractors once you notify them the house is complete.

So I would assume (havent spoken to them about this as yet) but there will be a fence going up on all of the higher sides of each retaining wall.

Peet are also doing each block's front garden landcaping including plants etc. Apparently we meet up with their landscaper and we come up with a Garden design that we are after and they look after the rest (up to a certain spend limit though).

Cheers,

Matt
Sounds lovely Matt...can't wait to see more pics.
Looking good

Keep the pics coming
Hello again everyone,

Well I have began my blog and will keep it updated regularly and keep things updated on this post aswell.

Thanks for all of your messages and I will keep the pics coming!

Feel free to take a look at the blog and let me know what you think!
Hi All,

Just a quick update on progress so far.

We have now signed the building contracts and have our colour selections coming up in a week. Developer covenant approval has also been submitted so hopefully we will have that back soon.

Hope the plans get through council relatively quickly.

Our plans are going through Moreton Bay Regional Council...anyone had plans through with them lately? How long do they roughly take to go through. Im guestimating 4-5 weeks

Cheers,
mcarrigg,

You must be very excited to build!
We've been there... we understand the feeling.

Keep posting the progress... and who's the builder BTW?
Looking forward to see the floor plan.
Hi Everyone,

Its been a couple of weeks since we have been to the block...low and behold there are a couple of frames up...one a couple of blocks up from us...and they have put in a couple of trees at the front aswell as some turf. No doubt the turf will get chewed up once the builders get on and start construction.

The developers have come back and said we are not allowed a stencilled driveway

It never said not allowed sencilled but they did state it was not to be "stamped". Apparently we are allowed paving, exposed agg or coloured concrete. Ohh well, will have to look into that one.

I have posted other colour and tile selections in another thread...

https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=7370
HI Matt

Things are eally flying for you now. Our plans went through Caboolture Shire at the time (now part of MBRC) and were super quick (less than a fortnight from memory) The developer approval tooklonger than the council.

I went for a drive a week or so ago to have a look, the estate is going along nicely. We actually looked into investing in the develiopment when the signs first went up on the Potatoe farm but the alocations were all full

Wasn't meant to be.

No stencil but you can paint it a plain colour
where is the sense in that

I will look forward to more photo's as you progress

Anne
mcarrigg
Hi All,

Just a quick update on progress so far.

We have now signed the building contracts and have our colour selections coming up in a week. Developer covenant approval has also been submitted so hopefully we will have that back soon.

Hope the plans get through council relatively quickly.

Our plans are going through Moreton Bay Regional Council...anyone had plans through with them lately? How long do they roughly take to go through. Im guestimating 4-5 weeks

Cheers,

The only approval MBRC is doing is for Plumbing and Drainage, everything else is through the building certifier.
Hi,
We are building at warner lakes too. The canopy stage three, managed to grap a big block- 765 but am a bit worried now as we have a few more blocks surrounding us due to the smaller size of them. I was hoping to get a stamped driveway. rats. where abouts are you guys?
We are building the coral hamilton 27
Related
22/09/2023
Progress Payments - Flood rebuild

General Discussion

haha a draw? didnt realise we were battling!

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum