Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

site cost

Page 1 of 1
My partner and myself have waited 3 months to get our site costings, on saturday we found out we travelled over to see our sales rep and we where excited to say the least, $44,900 later what was our dream home turned into the budget being blown right out. We where told that our block has a 3 meter fall from highest to lowest point, when i am at the back of the block looking at the slope i am at eye level to the footpath the last time i checked i am pretty sure i was not 3 meters tall.

Now we are 3 months behind and back to square 1, and absolutley gutted, now we are looking at a smaller home about 20 to 25 squares can anybody recommend a good volume builder that does a good home around that size.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Dame73
Hi Dame73,

Sorry to hear about your site costings
, have you had a look at PD access range homes. they have some nice designs and are in that size range?

Cheers,
Sam
sent you a pm!
if you like simple design, then visit the Simonds Milan 2200, although its price just go up, but the it (base price) is still cheaper than PD, worth to have a look and compare...
sorry but what does this have to do with slab cost?
piranha
sorry but what does this have to do with slab cost?

I have changed the heading now, sorry to cause any inconvenience.

Thanks

dame73
hi where is your land?
can you get a company to cut first before the builder qouse!!
we have gone with pd in lifestyle range as our land was higher priced
We have bought the land in Mooroolbark, we have started looking at a lot of builders today, pd, dennis family jg king, rawdon hill.. A few people i have spoken with think they are getting in to us and i am starting to think the same as well.
dame73
My partner and myself have waited 3 months to get our site costings, on saturday we found out we travelled over to see our sales rep and we where excited to say the least, $44,900 later what was our dream home turned into the budget being blown right out. We where told that our block has a 3 meter fall from highest to lowest point, when i am at the back of the block looking at the slope i am at eye level to the footpath the last time i checked i am pretty sure i was not 3 meters tall.

Now we are 3 months behind and back to square 1, and absolutley gutted, now we are looking at a smaller home about 20 to 25 squares can anybody recommend a good volume builder that does a good home around that size.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Dame73

Hi Dame73

I would recommend the PD Access range also. Stanford and Paddington.

Cheers
Who are you building with?
We where quoted by 0rbit, the house we chose was the hamilton 29, great floor plan just what we wanted, we have been given good advise of a rep from dennis family and things might not be as abd as we thought.
Hmm, I'm building in Mooroolbark too - we are probably in the same estate.

I'm also building the Hamilton 29. Some of the blocks in that estate are definitely a challenge to build on - lots of hills and fill in certain areas. The first one I looked at had over 2M of fill in it. I ended up choosing one with about 3M of fall over 40.5M - site costs were no too bad.
sorry ours was a hamilton 29mk11 from 0rbit, looking at your photos you must be in the blue ridge estate, we have bought in huntly view estate.
Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

2/03/2024
Site cost for a battleaxe plot

Building A New House

Thanks for the insight! My plot is a new development so hopefully I won't have too much problem during build as everyone should be roughly building together. I also…

4/03/2024
Does fibre glass pool add to the site cost

General Discussion

Approvals are covered in the cost we are paying to the pool company. The only thing stated in our home build contract for the additional cost is engineering support. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum