Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Your experience with Burbank

Page 2 of 2
Ponzu
Mentone3850
Anocha
hi Mentone, thanks for that, yeah been reading your post too your house must be nearly done!

yeah we should get some news on the building permit today and a rough idea when the build will start.. They have put in 2 taps (recycle and normal one) at the front of our land but not sure if they have put the meter in as well. Will check it out this weekend

oh is that why I have seen some people thread have two taps at the front? is this something new for the new estate or something?

i think all new greenfield estates need to have a recycled water supply, and I belive a number of toilets must be plumbed with it.

Yeah I think so too pretty cool, isn't it
the recycle one is purple - that's pretty how much I know lol! Mentone - I'd think your house would have got the same?
My home is in a old estate .. Only one Tap
The purple is recycle... And even though my estate is new .... We don't have it!
I see
( oh well at least you both will have a big 2 story house to enjoy. My one is only a small 1 story house hehe
Anocha
I see
( oh well at least you both will have a big 2 story house to enjoy. My one is only a small 1 story house hehe

And no doubt will enjoy cleaning them too
The lack of recycled water doesn't bother me! You have to start somewhere, and ?Metone is right the bigger the home the great the up keep!
Hi
I just sign the contract with burbank. My contract does not give a clear date of " build period " and building commence date, when I inquired about it was told that is the standard,

Is it correct ?

Shamon
shamon
Hi
I just sign the contract with burbank. My contract does not give a clear date of " build period " and building commence date, when I inquired about it was told that is the standard,

Is it correct ?

Shamon

Hi Shamon

Congrats exciting time ahead

Has your build gone to site yet ? Are you building single or double ? When it does you will receive a commencement letter and in that will tell you approx when your home should be competed..
It is standard. Contract contains clauses relating to build times. They dont want to shoot themselves in the foot by putting in arbitrary dates as they may be delayed etc. Work starts when the slab is down. It'll be pretty quick after that
It is standard. Contract contains clauses relating to build times. They dont want to shoot themselves in the foot by putting in arbitrary dates as they may be delayed etc. Work starts when the slab is down. It'll be pretty quick after that
Hi Shamon,

Contract for a single storey house states 230 days plus 30 days for rain etc from when the slab is poured.

I think its 260 for double storey plus 30 days for double? Dont quote me on that one but the single storey I am sure.

Emma
I am going to sign contract with Burbank today, loan approved, bit nervous after reading all these reviews,

I don't think I have come across with a positive review Burbank, are they really bad, or its with all builders, is there something special I need to do,

also can someone give me rough idea that how much a building inspector cost,

thanks
EmmaW84
Hi Shamon,

Contract for a single storey house states 230 days plus 30 days for rain etc from when the slab is poured.

I think its 260 for double storey plus 30 days for double? Dont quote me on that one but the single storey I am sure.

Emma

From reading other Burbanks build from SLAB its:
Single storey - approx around 15-20 weeks (4-5 months)
Double storey - 35-40 weeks (7 -8 months)

DEEPMOB
I am going to sign contract with Burbank today, loan approved, bit nervous after reading all these reviews,

I don't think I have come across with a positive review Burbank, are they really bad, or its with all builders, is there something special I need to do,

also can someone give me rough idea that how much a building inspector cost,

thanks

Hi Deepmon

Congrats on signing with burbank

An independent building inspector can vary (depending on how many inspection you are after)
We went for SLAB, Frame and PCI which from memory all came in around 1200)
Hey guys, Mentone 3850 yep thats what they told me too from slab.

But in terms of their "contractual obligations" they stipulate that 230/260 day time frame to safe guard them. But of course they build well within that from what I heard like you said 4-5months from slab.

Slow admin process Ive had so havent even gotten to slab stage. Hahah.
DEEPMOB

It's more usual for people to take the time to write complaints than it is to write about the positives. It's human nature. Every build from every builder is different because even the same builder will use different site supervisors and different trades on different sites, unless they are a small builder - and even those will have multiple trades quote for subcontracting their work.

Just keep an eye on your job, using an independent inspector is always a good idea. Don't sweat the small stuff.

For what it's worth, I built with Burbank and I'm very happy with the house they built for me. Did I have stresses and arguments? Sure. But I'm pedantic and worked in the industry. Even so, it's normal to stress as it's the biggest investment most people will make in their life.

Good luck with your build.
I'm furious at Burbank this morning we have only 7 internal doors and another door has fallen off the hinges. That's three doors within the two years we have been in the house. They use rubbish chipboard in the door frames. Not happy.
Burbank have very nice designs which we fell inlove with thought this was the perfect home for us after we spoke to consultant even got a rough price which we were happy with
! It all then went Down hill we had talked about everything organised some plans then got a call to say they did not build in our area which was only (15km) out of the main area they build. We then talked Burbank around to building there for us considering the distance was not much. Then we got the quote went through everything paid our deposit to get the fixed price it then jumped up by $20,000 and most of this amount was in the cost to build in our area which was only 15km out. We then spoke and emailed multiple times to get our deposit back as no one advised this was the amount we were going to pay.

Cutting it short! Burbank was horrible in explaining and quoting us up and communicating with us! Very disappointing...
Jasmines, which state/suburb are you building? Sorry to hear about your experience. We are building with Burbank next year when our land is titled and settled. We visited different display homes from different builders and fell in love with Mandalay of Burbank. Have you paid the deposit prior to $20k increase?
Melbournevic
Jasmines, which state/suburb are you building? Sorry to hear about your experience. We are building with Burbank next year when our land is titled and settled. We visited different display homes from different builders and fell in love with Mandalay of Burbank. Have you paid the deposit prior to $20k increase?

Burbank has almost completed the building of my house. However during their planning stage they did not include the plan for landscape. When they received Campbelltown City Council Approval for the house we were told that a small retaining wall was required at the side of the garage.
Now we have appointed Edgeport Landscapes to do our landscaping. Because of the slopiness of the land we are required to do retaining walls for which council approval is required. As Burbank used ABC (Accredited Building Certifiers), it makes sense for me to use the same for the landscape.
My landscaper sent the document to ABC and passed me an invoice of $2822 on 5/1/21. When I rang ABC how to pay it, ABC advised me that they did not have my account and all application has to go through NSW planning portal online. My landscaper was surprised to hear this.
I applied through NSW planning portal in which most of the stuff I did not understand or was not applicable as it was mainly for a house. Anyhow I managed to get my application in. After many calls to both NSW planning portal and ABC finally ABC has accepted my application. Now they have requested more documents, copy of DP, 88b, Sydney water Approval, 10.7 Zoning certificate, structural engineers plan ....
My landscaper has been working on them for over 2 weeks now. He tells me that the council now requires disabled access. For my residential home we have no one in the family requiring wheel chair access. I do not understand why this is required.
Burbank is keen for me to pay the final installment of $60k+ and give me the house key. I am worried that if I pay for the final amount Burbank would have no interest at all to assist me. I would greatly appreciate any help, and advice.
I also would recommend anyone if you are building your house, do consider getting the builder to do your landscaping or at least to have the council approval done at the house planning stage to avoid the nightmare I am having now.
Jenny
Related
22/01/2024
Regarding Burbank Bricks

General Discussion

Hi All, Recently we have signed a contract with Burbank and we are not aware that they have just DORSET, SURREY, HAMPSHIRE, KENT, PILBARA and REDGUM bricks from PGH are…

20/03/2024
Experience with HBCF insurance claim process NSW

Building A New House

I apologise for any confusion, but your understanding is correct. We approached our situation differently based on advice from…

31/07/2023
Any experience with Dwelcom

General Discussion

Hi All, I have been dealing with icare for insurance in completing our house after our original builder went bust. We have gotten to tender stage and one of the companies…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum