Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR - Dale Alcock Eastern suburbs - Aggregate

Page 18 of 18
Thanks - not sure we have the stomach to go through the building commission process. Also quite messy with us using a separate contractor for the honing. Fairly easy for everyone to pass on the blame. An expensive mistake, but not sure we'd handle getting it ripped up and started again!
I see what you mean about the honing - that's disappointing.
Your curtains look lovely! Will have to put Vision Decor on the list, I have to admit to being a bit overwhelmed about where to start there.
So sorry to hear about the aggregate, that is so disappointing, I really feel for you.

Your sheers and curtains look great! They have done a nice job. Like the fabrics and colours
We are currently looking into getting honed concrete. I would be interested to know who you used so I can stay clear. Currently looking into 3 companies so far.

Our dream home

viewtopic.php?t=75306
Caraf88
We are currently looking into getting honed concrete. I would be interested to know who you used so I can stay clear. Currently looking into 3 companies so far.

Our dream home

viewtopic.php?t=75306

Hi Cara, PM sent
Loving the house deco drail! We had kois in our old rental, missing them atm

IssyandOzzy
Hey Cara, we are going with allwest decorative concrete. He came out and did a quote super quick and was good to deal with. We are going honed in the alfresco and poured agg on the front path and mini driveway. They are starting this Saturday and I can let you know how it goes

First Build, Commodore Homes, Honeywood, Wandi.
viewtopic.php?t=77170
D_rail
Thanks all.

Fence colour is a great contrast with the greenery! Can't wait to paint the sections of old asbestos and plant the garden!

No luck with concrete company... Round in circles on the cause of the poor hone finish with no one taking responsibility. I wouldn't recommend either the concrete company or the aggregate installer. My advice would be - don't use a company that subcontracts their work and make sure you view actual examples of your installers work. Here are a couple of examples of our honed finish:

Patches with no stones where they have been pushed too far into the surface during screeding.

Sections with 'chunks' out of the finish. The company that hones it reckons its the result of organic material in cement, while the concrete company reckons stones are just missing. Either way, a lousy finish we didn't expect.

Couldn't be happier with our curtain and blinds that have been installed. We used Vision a Decor and would recommend their service and range of curtains.

Main bedroom. Almost finished, although no lighting so it was difficult to get a great photo.

Sheers and roller blinds in the living/meals

Our unfinished theatre.... Dark feature walls, with dark blinds and sheer.

which company did you use? That is awful!

First Build, Commodore Homes, Honeywood, Wandi.
viewtopic.php?t=77170
A long time since I've posted any update. Things have been relatively slow at the new house with no particular rooms or 'tasks' completed. Outdoors - we've been somewhat limited until we decided on a pool. Decision made and some progress photos below.... Back to tracking dirt through the house again!

An image which shows all of our buried clay!

You must be excited to have your pool in ? Looks like a decent size, well done ?
Wow, what a difference! Nicely done!
That's a lovely big pool - you must be looking forward to having the landscaping finished
Looks amazing D_rail, great to hear from you. Love the pool and it looks like a great size! Looking forward to seeing it all finished
Related
17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

19/01/2024
Exposed Aggregate Concrete Repair / Replacement - small job

Paving & Concreting

Last year I had a gas leak at my house. 3 days later, I have about 1 sqm of my exposed aggregate paving broken up. I am not sure how to go about getting it repaired…

24/02/2024
Kids friendly options for exposed aggregate patio

Flooring & Floor Covering

After some ideas on making our patio kid friendly . Currently we have exposed aggregate. The patio faces west and is always in sun even though it has a shade directly…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum