Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The Providence - Ventura Homes. Taylor's Private Estate

Page 1 of 1
Hi HomeOne Crew,
Have been to the forum on numerous occasions and I find it amazing. The posts that I read are amazing and seeing the full build through the eyes of other home builders is awesome. I want to share our build and process with the fellow HomeOne crew - hence, this is why I am here and posting our first post.

Our House:
My fiance and I managed to pick up a block in the Taylor's Private Estate in Caversham.
We decided to build the Providence from Ventura Homes as we loved the Display Home, it was within our budget and we loved everything about it. We chose the Vantage option of the home instead of the standard V-Spec classic home. The Vantage meant that all of the finishings that were in the display home would be included and this was music to my ears as I didnt want to go through the pre-start phase having to decide on numerous things. I would rather pay for what we see in the display (as we love it) and be at ease.

The Providence from Ventura Homes can be viewed here -
http://www.ventura-homes.com.au/home-designs/display-homes/the-providence
There is also a video on youtube of the Providence. This is contained http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxhDczD7rhE
The Providence display home is on a block with a width of 16.8 meters - i.e. It is recommended that the minimum block size is 16.8 meters.

The display floor plans can be seen here:

Our block of land is 480sqm, hence, we had to reduce the width of our project 16 meters.

Just wanted to start off with an overall description of what we are doing with our build. I will come back and add images of the display home (took lots of pictures) and show pictures of the colours we have chosen, the cupboards, tiles, etc etc.
I will give a rundown of what we changed from the original Providence Vantage display and give other HomeOne viewers a squizz at our various plans (floor, electric, kitchen etc).

Our build (slab will be poured) hopefully mid to late February so my goal is to have a nice thread for other HomeOne members to read and follow by then.

Here is to our first post and a successful, trouble free build
This may illustrate the display we chose better until I put up some pics that we took.
http://www.ventura-homes.com.au/virtual-tours/the-providence/index.htm

Please add comments and ask questions and I will happily answer them. I am sure there is not much to add until I give some more info but...
Hi mrbiggz,

We're building in stage two at Taylor's - which stage are you? We're on dempster st and you can't miss our house - it's the the one with brown bricks and white mortar and it's the worst brickwork you've ever seen! We' e recently reached lock up. I have a thread on here if you'd like to have a read, and i look forward to following your progress!
Welcome mrbiggz!!

I love your floor plan it is amazing! And sounds like its going to look great with all the display finishes!

I look forward to following your build
Hi Mandy67 and Rosienchris,
Firstly yay - someone replied.
Mandy, so we are in Stage 3 of the estate. We have driven in the estate soooo many times, so I am sure we would have passed your house. Ill look out for it next time. Will suss your thread out...
RnC, Yeah, the floor plan is awesome.
We did tweak various things as well.
So the alfresco we extended it out so that it ended at the same location the end of the house does.
Due to the fact that our block was only 16meters, as stated above we lost a bit in width. This meant instead of having double doors for entry, the draftees reduced it to 1200mm entry which was great because we will be fitting an Infintiy 1200mm pivot door now.
We also will have a manual roller door that means we can exit from the roller door area to the backyard.
Many other small things too.
I will get on hopefully on the weekend and upload what I can.
Hopefully will put up the floor plan, provide a list of some of the things we added at prestart, will put a picture up of the display house (as we are pretty much matching the colour scheme), will also show the tiles we want and where we want them laid, as well as show the blend of colours in the kitchen and bathroom (stone bench tops, cupboards, kick boards, splash back etc), and also outline what we will do ourselves after handover.
Cheers
Okay got some stuff I can add to the thread
Today ill concentrate on the Kitchen

Firstly, the image below is just a non detailed sketch of our floor plan. This just shows the overall plan. When I get the final plan, I will upload it to here.

Sketch

The image below illustrates the kitchen in the display home.

As it can be seen, some cupboards are white, the stone bench top is a whitish colour, the other cupboards are a brown grainy type of colour, the feature stand is the same brown grain, the kick panels are black and the splashback is mirrored.

In our house, we will be keeping the stone bench, the cupboards that are white and kick panels the same colours.
The stone bench colour is called new crystal salt.
It can be found here (bottom row, second colour) and is visible in the image below.
http://www.essastone.com.au/design-palette.php

The white cupboards are Polytec Melamine Classic White Sheen.
It can be found here.
http://www.polytec.com.au/images/samples/classic_white.jpg

The sample is visible in the picture above.

The stuff that we are changing are:

The brown grain cupboards and feature stand.
Instead of that colour we are going the Polytec Melamine Cavia Lini non sheen to match our tiles (will describe in another post).
It can be found here.
http://www.polytec.com.au/images/samples/cavia_lini.jpg

Colour is more visible below:

The sample is visible in the picture above as well.

The splashback colour we are going is Bauxite. This is because the display home consultant illustrated to us how had it was to clean the mirrored splashback. We figured bauxite would be a good fit too, hence, why we chose the colour.

It can be found here.
http://www.waglasskote.com.au/images/joomgallery/originals/colour_range_8/clarity_colours_6/clarity_20101222_2066434457.jpg

Colour is more visible below:

And also in the image above - the sample is there.

The tiles in the display home are a porcelain charcoal colour.
We will be running Mirage Pietra Serena tiles throughout the house, through all passage areas, in the kitchen area and also in the exended alfresco area. The only areas these tiles will not be in are the bedrooms, the theatre and the ensuite bathroom. We will still be running these tiles in the wet areas in the back of the house. (So the WC1, the bathroom and the laundry- they will just be in a 300x600 size).
These ones getting laid in the living areas, passage, kitchen and alfresco will be 600x600s.
The tiles can be seen here:
http://www.mirage.it/en/collezione/area/ar-02-pietra-serena-en/

This is how they look in some projects in Italy (they are Italian tiles).

So yeah that is about it for the kitchen and the floors in the kitchen.

We will be getting the building company to paint the walls the same colour as the display and we will also be putting down lights through out the kitchen. As stated originally we LOVED the display, hence, we will pretty much be copying everything in it.

Ill get to the laundry and ensuite tomorrow
Great idea to copy a display home (if you can afford it, lol!), especially for someone like me who finds it hard to visualise things - at least you know exactly how your choices are going to look!

Interested to hear more about cleaning the mirrored splash back, as we were at splash back centres yesterday and were told they're not hard to keep clean. I did wonder about finger marks, but really you're not going to be touching your splash back so that shouldn't be a problem...

My husband was painting our place as the nominated trade and also is over there nearly every day, and he said every time he's there he sees a car (black I think) drive up and down our road and up and down I think it must be the road behind us - is that you mrbiggz??
Related
17/06/2023
Modular above ground pool over Private Sewer line

General Discussion

Hi everyone, Looking for some advise. We are about to build an above ground pool in our backyard. There is a private sewer line running under the pool at 1.6m…

13/07/2023
Private inspector charge by builder

Building A New House

If you already have a contract, is the inspection cost stated in there? If not they would be forced to issue you a variation which you could of course object to.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum