Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Build in Jane Brook with Home Group WA

Page 3 of 5
Yay. Power - not long now til slab!
Very exciting times!! Hopefully we aren't too far behind you as we should be moving into construction today.
We have a slab!!!!
We were a little worried our neighbour had a similar house design but they don't - thank goodness! Can't wait for more exciting news

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj508/HollyCallum/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps08afa419.jpg
Congrats
how exciting for you...
Hooray - what a lovely chunk of concrete you have there!
AWESOME SLAB!!!!!!!
Woo hoo yay for your slab!!!! Looks fantastic
Hi Holly + Callum, Jane Brook is a pretty area. And it looks like your block has a bit of a view. Is that bush land behind your block? Congratulations on your slab. Bricks won't be far behind
Whoo hoo slab!! Congratulations.

Thanks everyone!!

It's been a while since i've posted but we have BRICKS!!!

AND frames, portaloo and the lock up storage shed!

Woooohooo!! Now we wait for the elusive brickies!! - That will be interesting because our neighbours who were a week ahead of us (we've now caught up) are with HGWA too! I hope we get brickies around the same time

Tonks, our block has some bushland behind it, there is a pond down the end of the street so that has the most bushland I suppose. The estate itself has the John Forrest National park at the boundaries and because we are towards the end, we do get a more natural feel to the area. It's very peaceful in our little spot - very lucky!

If we did build two story we would have had some city views but it wasn't what we wanted at the time. Most of the larger blocks are doing some amazing builds to make the most of their views
http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj508/HollyCallum/044_zps1bc66c02.jpg

Bricks and Frames
http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj508/HollyCallum/063_zpscaf67d42.jpg

Portaloo and Shed

Fingers crossed, not long now!!
Looks like were are at the same stage as you guys. Fingers crossed you don't have to wait too long for brickies
It has almost been a month and no brickies

The waiting got to me on Monday so we called HG to see what was happening. They said it'll be at least another 2-3 weeks wait. It's pretty disheartening to see everything in place but nothing happening so I haven't visited the block recently. I'm hoping the timeline they've given is fairly accurate - I don't mind waiting as such - it's the not knowing when or if something will happen that I don't like. Anybody else feeling that??

Anyway, just in case I haven't mentioned, we have everything ready to go - bricks, more bricks, sand, frames, portaloo, shed, bin, random long metal pieces... Here's hoping nothing goes walkabout!!

Keep you posted, H x
ALSO!!

Quick question i've been meaning to ask all of you...

When our first set of bricks were delivered almost all of our pipes (bathrooms, kitchen etc) were run over and either flattened or broken. Did this happen with anyone else??
holly+callum
ALSO!!

Quick question i've been meaning to ask all of you...

When our first set of bricks were delivered almost all of our pipes (bathrooms, kitchen etc) were run over and either flattened or broken. Did this happen with anyone else??

Aww I can definitely relate to the torture of waiting for brickies! It seems like its a common thing now to be waiting 1-2months for brickwork to start
We waiting 9 weeks which felt like torture! haha. Fingers crossed they find some brickies for you soon!!

And yes our pipes were all mostly damaged as well. Apparently this doesn't really matter as they get cut off at a later stage anyway.
I wanted 5 weeks (I think??) but it didn't rain until they started on our house.
I hope the rain will stop during the day so that the brickies can get a move on to your house!!!

I think I was in denial when I wrote last.. It has not been almost one month. It's been almost TWO months.

I drove past last week and it looks like the neighbours have started their bricks
I was hoping they would start us both together. I have now been banned from the site for one whole week by the other half - he said i'll only get upset and to wait until we get an email about the bricks. Haha let's see how long I last!!
We have progress!! After a couple of emails to HG we have FINALLY seen some movement on the block!! Today we drove past and saw that they haved moved the windows to their spots... So naturally I had to take a closer look!

They have marked out the walls on the pad and there are pieces of wood etc around the bricks. Kind of sad how excited I was over pieces of wood and the movement of things but I was!

Fingers are crossed that we see some brick laying this week!!!!! It will have been ten weeks if they get them down this week. I think we've waited long enough
holly+callum
We have progress!! After a couple of emails to HG we have FINALLY seen some movement on the block!! Today we drove past and saw that they haved moved the windows to their spots... So naturally I had to take a closer look!

They have marked out the walls on the pad and there are pieces of wood etc around the bricks. Kind of sad how excited I was over pieces of wood and the movement of things but I was!

Fingers are crossed that we see some brick laying this week!!!!! It will have been ten weeks if they get them down this week. I think we've waited long enough

Any updates Holly? I hope they have started on your place now. We waited 9 & a half weeks for brickies
Related
14/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

And we're finally moving forward! Trenches and plumbing in, should hopefully see a slab any day now.

15/04/2024
Pro finish tiling group

Renovation + Home Improvement

The wallopers will just say it's a civil matter.

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum