Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Commodore Homes, Alkimos Beach - Moved in - New pics!

Page 45 of 48
Archetto that is a good find. Even though I'm not getting mirror, I'm not planning on having returns at all - are returns needed?
Not required
we've decided not to have the returns done now just the back wall. We can always do the returns later on if we decide to.
Hi all sorry have been away for a few days. Quick coaching trip in Port Hedland then my birthday yesterday

Thanks for the kind words and advice IssyandOzzy! There shall be no soap bars in the house

Wow archetto thanks for posting that up! That's pretty detailed and makes a lot of sense and dare I say not many other companies would have given that advice in as much as depth. It definitely makes sense but doesn't help our causes!

jndbgbuild
Just thinking BS12, could you do mirror on the back wall under the rangehood and a different colour on the return? Black glass maybe?

This actually does make a bit of sense...

archetto
Not required
we've decided not to have the returns done now just the back wall. We can always do the returns later on if we decide to.

...As does this.

But would a black return look a little out of place does anyone think? Or maybe even compliment the mirror, especially in a black setting like mine? Arrr why so difficult!
And a quick update...

Finally got the internet sorted at the house which makes me a happy chappy! I'm forever on my phone/computer creating websites or doing something tech savvy so good internet was a must.

Got myself the fastest possible (100mbs/40mbs) fibre connection with a 250gb data allowance with iiNet for $90 a month which represents great value for anyone looking into internet soon. I wanted the fastest speed to get the most out of my whiz bang TV - streaming Netflix, everything in Full HD/Ultra HD etc and it does the job wonderfully. After not even having ADSL2 at my current home this new connection has given me a smile from ear to ear

I also spent my first night at the house last night
Have literally been too busy to move my bed up so I STILL haven't moved in, but the theatre couch sure did the trick! And speaking of moving in, all I've got to do is move my bed up but that's no small job and even this weekend looks to be out with work Saturday and racing Sunday. I dare say this is the slowest move in history haha!
The place is looking great! As for adding some 'homeliness' and warmth to the space, I would suggest adding some wood and some soft greys along with your pops of colour.
Ooo I want fast internet for Netflix too so that's good to know! Does iinet offer uncapped netflix still? Or does it eat into your 250gb. Do you think that's enough for streaming netflix? As we found out the other day watching 4 things used 25gb lol oops
KLB
The place is looking great! As for adding some 'homeliness' and warmth to the space, I would suggest adding some wood and some soft greys along with your pops of colour.

Here's the dilemma: Being super contemporary, timber/wood has no place in this house
Its a sucky trade off but super modern/luxe has been my vision from the start, so I just have to wear it haha. Thanks for the input though

archetto
Ooo I want fast internet for Netflix too so that's good to know! Does iinet offer uncapped netflix still? Or does it eat into your 250gb. Do you think that's enough for streaming netflix? As we found out the other day watching 4 things used 25gb lol oops

Yep quota free! You do however need to actually sign up to Netflix yourself, but the actual data usage is uncapped. You can go to 500gb for $109 a month I believe, but 250gb equates to 8gb every single day, which I think will be fine for me, especially if you consider that a day of not using much data equates to like 16gb the next day. And you can download full HD movies via torrent for around 2gb each thereabouts I'm pretty sure?

What were you watching/what platform that used so much data?
From memory we watched 2 movies and 1 documentary and 2 episodes of a show (so actually 5 things) through a PS4, it was probably running high deff as until I googled it after we didn't realise you could change the definition, but yeah we weren't too popular with the MIL for slowing down the internet lol.

Ok sweet I will look into iinet!
Haha yeah that might have done it! But yeah iiNet for sure seems to be the go. Everyone in my estate (Fibre To The Home, not actual NBN) is going with them with great reviews. Something to consider
Lols bs and archetto, your talk about internet is hurting my brain.. I just know how to use it, nothing about usage or capacity etc, I leave that to ozzy! But will let him know about your deal bs! Thanks for sharing!

IssyandOzzy
Haha in English IssyandOzzy last night I was able to stream a full high definition movie via the internet on my TV without a single pause. It downloaded quicker than I could play it. If you tried doing that on a standard connection you'd be waiting half an hour or longer for it to load enough to be able to play it.

Long story short NBN/fast internet is awesome
BS12
KLB

Here's the dilemma: Being super contemporary, timber/wood has no place in this house
Its a sucky trade off but super modern/luxe has been my vision from the start, so I just have to wear it haha. Thanks for the input though

Haha BS12 - I have to disagree with you there - timber IS very contemporary and modern - it is the new black

It is probably not to your taste, but I agree a bit of light timber might bring some warmth

Look at this stunning kitchen - it is very modern and all black, or most of it, and minimalist. And see how the wooden chopping boards and the 1 plant bring it to life :

Via http://www.dko.com.au/cms_subcat_15/m-house - stunning pictures of amazing houses - well worth a browse. If I ever build again I'll have a kitchen and dining exactly like that! It is gorgeous

He's got a timber table, but I think even with only the 1 plant and the little bit of timber it would be lovely
BS12
Haha in English IssyandOzzy last night I was able to stream a full high definition movie via the internet on my TV without a single pause. It downloaded quicker than I could play it. If you tried doing that on a standard connection you'd be waiting half an hour or longer for it to load enough to be able to play it.

Long story short NBN/fast internet is awesome

Lols bs! That sounds like the dream! I know Ozzy says that the Internet downloading in Aus is a joke when you compare it with other countries world wide! So he's pretty excited about the NBN!

He just told me that stage 4 of the estate, have just had full NBN "connection", as in fast internet like yours and were in stage 5! So dunno how long we'll be waiting for!

IssyandOzzy
WOW Mal that looks magic! Thanks for making a mess of my ideas and now have me backflipping on my opinion of introducing timber!! (No really, thank you for making me open my eyes to new possibilities!)

Love the subtle glow above the splash back also!

Back to the drawing board I go (of which is probably also made of timber)
Love the cat and dog!
BS12
WOW Mal that looks magic! Thanks for making a mess of my ideas and now have me backflipping on my opinion of introducing timber!! (No really, thank you for making me open my eyes to new possibilities!)

Love the subtle glow above the splash back also!

Back to the drawing board I go (of which is probably also made of timber)

oops - sorry!

aloenyx
Love the cat and dog!

Yep they're gorgeous aren't they
Can't complain about the view from the park at the top of the street

Can someone remind me I need to actually move into my new house/neighborhood at some point soon?!
Lols you still haven't moved in bs? Wth?! Look at what you're missing out on!!!

IssyandOzzy
Haha I could swear I never have the time/willpower to dismantle my bed(room) and move it all out through the house, load it into the trailer and then do vice versa at my new place. Then the same story with my whole (massive) wardrobe etc haha

The last step seems to be the biggest! Maybe I'll knuckle down this Sunday and get it done.

And yep, definitely doing it wrong archetto haha!
Related
3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum