Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The Lennox in Matilda Estate Handover this Friday.

Page 3 of 5
Yay, I wish we had the chance to have a slab party as a family - I was really dissapointed we couldn't due to distance.

Sounds like you're estate is going to be built very quickly which is great.

I think what you're looking for is a company who makes 'wall murals'?
This one does if you go to the section 'design it yourself' https://www.thewallstickercompany.com.a ... fullSite=1.
There should be a place in Perth that does this but I've always bought online. We are having a wallpaper feature wall in our kids rooms too. I can't wait to see the wallpaper we've chosen up on the wall on person!
Hello liney,

Congrats on getting to constuction phase.. If we weren't with new gen, we would've gone with celebration to build the Lennox! Such a good houseplan! How big is your land if you don't mind me asking?!
Our block is approx 560 sqm.

Bricks arrived onsite today and our CLO advised us that brickies will be there from the 28th so looking good time wise.

Yay for bricks! Im still waiting for mine
Wish i lived a little closer to where my block is so i could check it more often! Cant justify a 60m round trip
So this afternoon I swung past the block to see if anything had happened since the bricks had turned up and was pleasantly surprised to see nearly all the outside bricks up. Also a lot more slabs down and seen a couple more "Celebration homes " signs and the wife mentioned that one of them had a similar frontage to ours but that doesn't bother me as I'll change the front render colours to be different.

From the rear of the house looking forward.

Exciting! We are also building with CH, and it took them just under 4 weeks to finish (with that week of rainy weather we had a few weeks ago) so shouldn't be long until you reach plate high!
Exciting! We are also building with CH, and it took them just under 4 weeks to finish (with that week of rainy weather we had a few weeks ago) so shouldn't be long until you reach plate high!
Wow, they have done a lot in a very short space of time. It's looking great so far. If they keep progressing like this you'll be in your home before I'm in mine, lol.
Looking forward to following your builds progress

Our build - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=74793

Garage&front entrance, theatre room frontage, living area/dining room and computer room

So the brickwork is all finished as of today and the guys have done a great job of it. Managed to meet one of our neighbours and discuss fencing and feeling envious of their massive build with all the finishings and bling and wondered if we can "keep up with the joneses". So far our timeline is rocketing along and hope that we can get the roof on and covered before the rain sets in for winter providing trades are lined up.

Timeline so far is

11th April slabbed
22nd April bricks delivered
12th May plate height reached

So now we're waiting for the roof timbers to be delivered and installed but next weeks weather might hold things up a bit.

So after another drive to the block after school we now have a massive pile of roofing timber and scaffolding waiting to be installed. Quite a lot of water in the house but expected after all the rainfall. Hopefully get the roof on and sealed before the continual rains of winter. Quite a few of the neighboring places have bricks going up so the street is looking at finishing together.

Awesome! Things move really quick after timbers, we had our roof on earlier than we were told (just a week ago).

It seems quite slow at first but much faster than the bricking stage I thought.
Looking great Liney! You'll have your roof on in no time. Hopefully it's nice weather for the next few weeks.

Sounds like your estate is going up real quick, how exciting!

Hi JMCL, I'm heading out for a look today as they've started the roof and the speed that they are working to it will be up before I get there lol. Hope to get some pics too. It will be nice as you've said for the estate to go up quickly because the proposed "East Landsdale primary school" mentioned on TV the other night will be going ahead shortly as well. The sooner the better especially for all the mess and noise.

Just cruised past for a nosey and the guys are there working hard and have done so much in 2 days it's unreal. Onwards and upwards lol.

Exciting! Can't wait to watch your interiors come alive!

Wow, looks great! They have done so much in such a short space of time. I'm looking forward to seeing all your choices come together now - colourbond, render etc! How exciting for you

Related
12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

13/11/2023
Key Handover

General Discussion

Your house should come in "as new" condition. It should be clean, and without stains

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum