Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Knockdown/rebuild with Rawson - Metford33

Page 3 of 5
Oh, be still my beating heart! What fantastic progress! Must feel like a house is actually being built now!! yayay!!!!!
Sure does!
No sign of the brickies today but the chippies were back to finish off the front porch cedar work

I keep using the word 'excited', but I am so excited for you. Can't wait to see how the Metfords look. I love the design and think we will love living in it
Ezza, is your garage going on the left side? Do you have windows in the garage? Maybe it's just the angle
Thanks canberra_gal! We are getting excited now too, it's a bit surreal to imagine living in it after obsessing over the house design for so long

The garage is on the left side of the pics, they've only just framed it. No windows in the garage

Right side! Not left side - sorry, overtired brain

Hi all we have had frames up and sarking (I think it's called- the green plastic stuff) done this week too. Cedar work put in the front porch as well. Windows are also in... Not sure what's next? I thought guttering would've come before windows going off other houses in our street but rawsons must be different. All happening so fast now!
We also decided to have a site variation for the water tap in the fridge space after using my sisters fridge that had filtered water from a water tap during the Easter weekend, we wanted it in our new house too lol... $380 later though!

Looking great! They went into bricking after the frame/windows/sarking for us

We are 1/3 way through bricking, only two brickies on our house so it's taking forever! Should be done by the end of this week with the roof (colourbond) coming the week after...we shall see!

It's looking wonderful! Can clearly see the garage now
It's confusing my brain, as our house is flipped from yours
We bought our fridge the other week - we have a tap in our fridge hole as we really wanted chilled water/ice in the first new fridge we'll have bought in more than 16 years
That's so exciting! We got the same tap in the fridge space, won't be able to buy the fridge for a while yet but the option is there

Our house is confusing us as it's flipped to the display that we are so used to! Walking down the hall and turning right for the kitchen will definitely take some getting use to!
That's great Ezza33 about the bricking. Our bricks were delivered last week too and I thought that was a while off. Rawsons must do things in a different order. We're the only house in the street to not have roofing or guttering yet but already have bricks there
might do anther drive by today to see if they've started on the bricks

How exciting Ezza33 - we are soon to start building with Rawson. Looking forward to following your thread:)
That's so exciting metford33mumma! Won't be long now

Thanks fizzed! Hopefully the thread isn't a long one

Brickies finally finished on Saturday. What was supposed to take a week, took five even with great weather. Roof was supposed to arrive last week but unless we ordered see through colourbond, I don't think it's there

Wow looks great Ezza33!
Our house nearly didn't end up with those brick piers at the bottom of each pillar as it wasn't in our original tender and we didn't think to check that. Luckily was picked up by the colour consultant who added it to a variation

Our roofing is nearly done. Hoping they'll start bricks by end of the week.
Has anyone been given a finish date by any chance? I'm thinking late-July?

Looking GOOOOOOD! Wow, bricks make such a difference

We've been told late Sep/early Oct as a guestimate. Lots of demand for not many tradies in Canberra so we are going to have to be patient. So hard when you see it start taking shape in front of you. I want to move in right now! Be a bit wet when it rains, though
Hey, Ezza33, I noticed you have 3 x timber posts on your porch. What is your facade? Is it the majestic or something different? I see M33M has the majestic (so do we) - yours looks the same but has three posts! Hope all is going well. We have a roof!
We have the majestic too but made a couple of changes to the front porch. I didn't actually notice the number of posts on the design itself, how many have you got?

Hooray for roof!

Our internal electrical wiring and plumbing is fine, insulation went in yesterday and they should start gyprocking today
I'm getting impatient and want it done!

We have two posts - one at either end of the porch. We shall all have to compare notes! And finished pics!
How weird!
will definitely need to compare notes and pics!

Ezza33
We have the majestic too but made a couple of changes to the front porch. I didn't actually notice the number of posts on the design itself, how many have you got?

Hooray for roof!

Our internal electrical wiring and plumbing is fine, insulation went in yesterday and they should start gyprocking today
I'm getting impatient and want it done!

Can't wait to see some pics of your gyprock! Super-exciting!
Related
10/01/2024
To Knockdown and Rebuild or Renovate?

General Discussion

if the original house is in good condition most of what you listed could be added in stages without the need for KDR and costs and disruption of having to live elsewhere…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

18/01/2024
Cost of building 3 x Townhouses after knockdown

General Discussion

multiple occ properties are always billed by trades at a premium, rarely per sqm for the lot. You either have trades you know whoe will do by sqm or youre going to get…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum