Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Redink Battleaxe - MOVED IN & flooring - pics!

Page 26 of 26
Congratulations on getting your keys just, how exciting!!!! And your driveway looks great, glad you got to make up the shortfall of bricks without too many dramas, pays to triple check everything!

Congrats!! I am so keen to see your place furnished and styled!
PanRaptor
Hey justy,

Long time no see! Sorry I've been a stranger. Life got in the way of being a good forum member.

Just wanted to pop by and say everything looks great and congrats for making it to the end! I can't believe I've been in my house for 6 months already. Once you're in, time will fly by.

Far out your kitchen island panel looks great. I've probably commented on it before, but its so striking! I'm a big fan

Love the calendar too. I do enjoy stylish organisation haha.

oh and try White Exchange 1/2 for the white paint. I have it and love it. I found it was the best compromise between cool and warm whites. Lovely and neutral and a perfect canvas for whatever decorating you want!

Take care!

Long time no see indeed Pan! I can't wait to see some more pics of your house
hahaha all for stylish organisation...I definitely channeled you with that one.

MalSannie
Congratulations on getting your keys at long last Justy
your house looks amazing and your driveway is very impressive

What a shame re the PCI list - hopefully they're small things but as you say, avoidable last minute stress
Do you think there is a way to avoid this from an owner's perspective? Could we potentially delay keys until it is fixed? Wonder how that would work.

Hope all your week's plans work out as expected - looking forward to painting and flooring pics

Thanks MalSannie! To be honest our CLO was very apologetic about the PCI list and said they'd get things sorted ASAP. As Ardie said, you can definitely delay keys until they're fixed
we were just impatient

ardie514
YAY!!!!!
Just saw this and it made me so happy. Congrats on keys, that is really fantastic news. Sorry to hear about stuff not being finished. We still have a few things outstanding and have added quite a few more since moving in, but it is wonderful to have our own home. Very glad to hear that you were able to sort the driveway out, I can imagine the stress, but it does look beautiful! Good luck with the move and all the post handover stuff. This is the hard/fun part

To answer your question MalSannie, yes you certainly can delay getting keys until absolutely everything is completed. Although I can almost guarantee that upon your parents moving in they'll find more stuff
We were just in such a rush to get in with our lease up and other stuff going on that we accepted keys, and accepted their word for it that items had been completed, when in fact they had not. You (or your parents) could probably request a second walkthrough prior to getting keys and post PCI.

Thanks Ardie!!! That cheerleader is definitely my favourite emoji hahaha
our hot water wasn't working either
but the guy came and fixed it this morning - hopefully it's all good now. SO much to do but I'm excited
can't wait to see more pics from you as you finish things off.

trixee
Congratulations on getting your keys just, how exciting!!!! And your driveway looks great, glad you got to make up the shortfall of bricks without too many dramas, pays to triple check everything!

Thanks Trixee!!!!! Definitely does pay to triple check...we're learning quickly!

archetto
Congrats!! I am so keen to see your place furnished and styled!

Thanks archetto!!!!! I'm probably just as excited about getting the furniture in and styling done as I was about keys! Can't wait
Hi all,

Our flooring has been moved to Monday/Tuesday next week and the carpet gods are being nice to me because they've had a shipment of our colour and that will go in Monday week
it works out well...we'll get stuck into the landscaping over the weekend!

Here is my proposed garden...with some assisting pics to match. Retic this weekend hopefully and landscaping the following weekend.

Thoughts and feedback would be muchly appreciated!!!

Here's what I hope the bench seat to look like

And this is how the privacy screen would be set up but the design would be the iron screening below and a much smaller vertical planter.

Raised garden beds for the veggies

We're meeting our landscaper friend to discuss ideas tonight
That looks great! You've got a good area of space too, which program did you use to do the mock up?
I love the built-in bench seats, they look so nice, and that inspo pic is the exact one I'm using too!
Love your garden ideas Justy - the bench is going to be lovely and I love the screen ideas
archetto
That looks great! You've got a good area of space too, which program did you use to do the mock up?

Archetto I used http://www.smallblueprinter.com

trixee
I love the built-in bench seats, they look so nice, and that inspo pic is the exact one I'm using too!

definitely a favourite! I have so many garden pins on pinterest

MalSannie
Love your garden ideas Justy - the bench is going to be lovely and I love the screen ideas

Thanks MalSannie
I hope it will look how it does in my head
Hi all,

Sorry for the short hiatus! I'd forgotten that moving house is HARD! So much of our things spread everywhere at my folks house!!!! We've almost moved everything...carpet goes in this Tuesday! The blackbutt flooring went in last Monday and Tuesday...I may have gotten a little bit teary seeing it finished...it made me beyond happy!

Our painters have done a ripper job! At first we absolutely loathed the colour because it was throwing blue (I had this awful sinking feeling every time I looked at it) but once the furniture and flooring went in we now love it (WHEW!). It's been across a few threads but lesson learned...don't freak out about your paint colour until the flooring and furniture is in!

There's so much to do but here's a peak of the living area!

Hope all your builds are moving along amazingly

P.S. it was my birthday on Thursday and the Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree we picked up yesterday - my present from DH (I'd wanted one for so long!). They're at the Little Leaf Co in Myaree (they're on insta and Facebook) it is a gorgeous shop!

Is it sad that I want to name it?

Wow! Gorgeous!
Did you end up going with highgate or something else? Whatever, it looks good with your lovely Blackbutt!
Your house looks amazing Justy, loving all the furniture!

Whats the colour of your internal walls? I love it

Ps happy belated birthday

Kash
Wow! Gorgeous!
Did you end up going with highgate or something else? Whatever, it looks good with your lovely Blackbutt!

Thanks Kash! We did go with Dulux Highgate
if you want a solid grey/cream I wouldn't go with highgate (it's got lots of blue through it).

IssyandOzzy
Ps happy belated birthday

Thanks IssyandOzzy! The paint colour is Dulux Highgate
it's on the blue-ish side of greys but it fits in well with our floor and furniture
OMG where has my post gone I'd replied to yours

Happy birthday Justy - I love your painting and plant they're lovely and OMG the barstools are gorgeous!
WOW!! Justy it looks amazing! You've made me want a fiddle leaf fig now too.

Your flooring is stunning, I would of got teary too :p and that art work is so on point! Works so well.

Happy birthday too
Wow Justy, it looks great and very pulled together! Looks like a beautiful cool house, I'm sure you'll have many happy moments in it. I really like your kitchen stools too, so inviting.
justy
Thanks Kash! We did go with Dulux Highgate
if you want a solid grey/cream I wouldn't go with highgate (it's got lots of blue through it).

I reckon a bit of blue will be good! It may be my favourite colour...

Looks stunning justy! Great job! I'm with Malsannie on the barstools - where did you find those? I have been looking at wood and metal for at our kitchen bench and I LOVE yours!!
Looks awesome justy
kellydoug
justy
I can't wait for a tap kellydoug
just the other day my girlfriends and I were having a chuckle about how excited we get over things like nice chopping boards and vertical gardens whereas 5 years ago it was all about boys and drinking cheap champagne (I'm 25).

And now I'm waiting in anticipation for a tap

OMG 25! You are still a young thing! I still get a bit excited about bubbles and cute boys (men)
And I'm 48! I have tshirts older than you, hahaha. It is amazing how your priorties change though.
A tap is a huge sign that things are happening. I remember I nearly wet myself, I was so excited when we got a tap.(that could be my age though
) My hubby said bloody hell, what are you going to be like when you see your bricks delivered! Every stage makes me do a happy dance! PS....I loooove vertical gardens.

Hi!

I am a Landscaper and have been supplying and installing Vertical Garden components for some time now.

I know that Vertical Gardens are on so many peoples with lists these days, but they become confused with all of the conflicting opinions out there.

I have come across a system that I use EXCLUSIVELY because I know that it works and have had great results!

Take a look at our website - www.upthewall.com.au and Facebook page - https://m.facebook.com/Up-The-Wall-Vert ... 483910162/ and see what is possible.

Considering you are in WA and I am in Melbourne, I could send you everything you need as a DIY kit as well as detailed instructions about how to install your Vertical Garden - although I have been looking for an excuse to go to WA!

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out!

If you have already installed a Vertical Garden, I would love to hear about the system you have used and the results you have had.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Amir.
Related
2/03/2024
Site cost for a battleaxe plot

Building A New House

Thanks for the insight! My plot is a new development so hopefully I won't have too much problem during build as everyone should be roughly building together. I also…

3/04/2024
Front setback minimum requirement for battleaxe plot

General Discussion

Thanks Draftroom that definitely helps a heap. We are still at the very early stage of planning to see what kind of house would fit on our plot. While we are on a…

28/04/2024
Home builders for battleaxe block in Hornsby LGA

Building A New House

Hi all, I'm looking for recommendations for home builders in the Hamptons style in the Hornsby LGA, for two storey builds on battle-axe blocks. Thanks,

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum