Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Buidling start date new estate

Page 1 of 1
Hi all ,

I am currently waiting for my land to register next year for the new estate in leppington called willowdale.

In my contract it states I need to have a house on the block of land in 1 year after the block has been registered.

Has anyone had such restrictions put on them for buying into a new estate and if so did they go over the timeline of 1 year?

From all the information I have read in my contract it seems like I may be able to start building within a year but the house does not have to completed within that time frame just the commencement of the house. Any input would be awesome
blackenator
Hi all ,

I am currently waiting for my land to register next year for the new estate in leppington called willowdale.

In my contract it states I need to have a house on the block of land in 1 year after the block has been registered.

Has anyone had such restrictions put on them for buying into a new estate and if so did they go over the timeline of 1 year?

From all the information I have read in my contract it seems like I may be able to start building within a year but the house does not have to completed within that time frame just the commencement of the house. Any input would be awesome

My block has to have a house built on it within 4 years, the build itself isn't allowed to take more than 12 months and there can't be a period of more than 3 months without building occurring once it's been started.
Once I have a certificate of occupancy, I have 90 days to put in the driveway and front landscaping.

So yeah, it's fairly common. It just varies from estate to estate.
Often happens, plus for the stamp duty discounts you need to start building within 6 months from memory.
Oh didnt know it effects the stamp duty discounts as well I presumed you would get the discount as long as you before the grant ends.
blackenator
Oh didnt know it effects the stamp duty discounts as well I presumed you would get the discount as long as you before the grant ends.

No - under the declaration, point 5 is:

"where the property is vacant land, I acknowledge that construction of the home must commence within 26 weeks after the agreement is completed".

Not sure if its different for FHB and also not sure who if anyone actually checks work has commenced but considering its saving me $5k I'll do anything to get that slab down in time.
robbie55
blackenator

No - under the declaration, point 5 is:

"where the property is vacant land, I acknowledge that construction of the home must commence within 26 weeks after the agreement is completed".

Not sure if its different for FHB and also not sure who if anyone actually checks work has commenced but considering its saving me $5k I'll do anything to get that slab down in time.

oh wow thanks for the information
Related
17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

10/06/2023
Pathway to new build : WWYD

Home Finance

A person needs to be licensed to offer financial advice. Surely the accountant you use would have been chosen for his/her expertise in this field. Have you asked your…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum