Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Willowdale

Page 132 of 165
Hi Guys,

Just wondering
How long does it take for your builder to build your houses after land registered? Whats the longest 12 months? Please name the builder so I can take a consideration.

We are looking to buy house and land package in willodale and wanted to get the good builder and trust worthy.

Please advise and thanks
Welcome to forum Juni

Hi Juni,

I built with Eden Brae Homes and my construction period was about 7 months from ready to start construction to keys handover. My construction got delayed 4 weeks due to Christmas and New Year break for all tradesmen. Generally, all large builders (i.e EBH, MDJ, Clarendone, Masterton, etc) come to about the same construction period (6-8 months).

Hope this helps.
amazingk
Hi Juni,

I built with Eden Brae Homes and my construction period was about 7 months from ready to start construction to keys handover. My construction got delayed 4 weeks due to Christmas and New Year break for all tradesmen. Generally, all large builders (i.e EBH, MDJ, Clarendone, Masterton, etc) come to about the same construction period (6-8 months).

Hope this helps.

Hi amazingk

Thank a lots, I've been looking at Eden Brae Homes too, they have lots of house and land package in Willodale.
PixiGT
eddylamy
Hi fellow neighbours,

Hope everyone is going well with their build.

My site supervisor has contacted us and informed that handover is due in 4 weeks.

We will need to do our own landscaping but when our builder applied for CDC for us they submitted a landscape plan which includes turfing and pebbles etc. My builder has advised that we will need to follow their landscape plan (as that was approved) to get the final occupancy certificate.

We were thinking of doing concreting. Would this be an issue when getting the final occupancy cert? Apparently we only have the interim certificate applied by the builder and will need to get our own final cert after outdoors are completed.

Thanks!

Hey there eddylamy,
As long as you meet the requirements for open space for rain soak & the construction measures you take meet relevant Standards/BCA, then I can't see why you can't change the landscaping plan...I changed the *beep* outa mine, & I did extensive concreting, & I got both an interim & final OC no probs.
PM me if you'd like photos

All the best with it!

Sent using Tapatalk

Hi Pixi,

Thanks for your response.

Just a few more questions:
Did you have to contact the approval guys prior to the change of landscape?
Did you need to submit another landscape plan?
How do we measure what is enough for rain soak and open space that meet the standards?

This is my first time building so I am sorry if my questions should be obvious. ><
eddylamy
PixiGT
eddylamy
Hi fellow neighbours,

Hope everyone is going well with their build.

My site supervisor has contacted us and informed that handover is due in 4 weeks.

We will need to do our own landscaping but when our builder applied for CDC for us they submitted a landscape plan which includes turfing and pebbles etc. My builder has advised that we will need to follow their landscape plan (as that was approved) to get the final occupancy certificate.

We were thinking of doing concreting. Would this be an issue when getting the final occupancy cert? Apparently we only have the interim certificate applied by the builder and will need to get our own final cert after outdoors are completed.

Thanks!

Hey there eddylamy,
As long as you meet the requirements for open space for rain soak & the construction measures you take meet relevant Standards/BCA, then I can't see why you can't change the landscaping plan...I changed the *beep* outa mine, & I did extensive concreting, & I got both an interim & final OC no probs.
PM me if you'd like photos

All the best with it!

Sent using Tapatalk

Hi Pixi,

Thanks for your response.

Just a few more questions:
Did you have to contact the approval guys prior to the change of landscape?
Did you need to submit another landscape plan?
How do we measure what is enough for rain soak and open space that meet the standards?

This is my first time building so I am sorry if my questions should be obvious. ><

Hey eddylamy,
No I didn't contact anyone regarding seeking approval for my changes, nor did I submit another landscaping plan, because I knew my changes met relevant code/Standard (thus it was deemed by me to be a bit of a waste of time & money to run it all by peeps who would come to the same conclusion anyway
).
The minimum area required as private open space will be shown on your plans from the builder (or should be!), usually on the BASIX detail, which will show the required open space. Camden council said to me (when I dropped in one day) that the required private open space needed to be in the amount of the square meterage shown on my plan (eg: 4x6M=24M2), but could be in any configuration (eg: 2x12M=24M2, 3x8M=24M2, and so on). So, I ran with that

PM me if you'd like to see plans, etc

All the best with it!

Sent using Tapatalk
That is very useful information thanks for sharing PixiGt

Just explained what the 6mx4m on my plan meant.

swiftsport
That is very useful information thanks for sharing PixiGt

Just explained what the 6mx4m on my plan meant.

It's my pleasure swiftsport

Sent using Tapatalk
Hi PixiGt,

Thanks for sharing the information.

I would like to know whether I should install a cloths line at my backyard or not. This was not mentioned in my "Rectification" list for FOC re-inspection. However, "cloths line to be installed by owner" was mentioned in my approved BASIX drawing.

Generally, I prefer to use a portable cloths airer so I do not want to waste unnecessary money installing something that I will not use. What do you think I should do?
amazingk
Hi PixiGt,

Thanks for sharing the information.

I would like to know whether I should install a cloths line at my backyard or not. This was not mentioned in my "Rectification" list for FOC re-inspection. However, "cloths line to be installed by owner" was mentioned in my approved BASIX drawing.

Generally, I prefer to use a portable cloths airer so I do not want to waste unnecessary money installing something that I will not use. What do you think I should do?

Hi amazingk,
Clothes lines are in the BASIX due to the energy-saving they offer because it means you wouldn't be using your dryer (in theory).
You may be flying under the radar if it's not on your FOC, & I'm guessing that if anything is ever said, you could argue your point with enough evidence

Sent using Tapatalk
Juni
Hi Guys,

Just wondering
How long does it take for your builder to build your houses after land registered? Whats the longest 12 months? Please name the builder so I can take a consideration.

We are looking to buy house and land package in willodale and wanted to get the good builder and trust worthy.

Please advise and thanks

Hi Juni,

We built with McDonald Jones Homes. They have lots of H&L too. Their base price might be a bit higher, but lots of upgrades are included already.

Plus they have steel frame included in their packages.
Land settles today for some of us in 9b

Hello Everyone !!!

We got 450 sq mtr lot and recently paid deposit for Master 7A phase.
Land will be registered next year April 2017.
We have chosen to buit with MJH and decided to go for Vienna.
Anyone in Stage Master 7A?
And Mcdonald Jones Homes ?

Thanks,
Jay
jayjshah2612
Hello Everyone !!!

Thanks,
Jay

hi jay, yes I am in stage 7A. lot 7047. Still haven't decided on builder.

what's your lot number?

Sent from 1960s typewriter
bucksaver
jayjshah2612
Hello Everyone !!!

Thanks,
Jay

hi jay, yes I am in stage 7A. lot 7047. Still haven't decided on builder.

what's your lot number?

Sent from 1960s typewriter

Hi,

My Lot number is 7019
Ganilton
Juni
Hi Guys,

Just wondering

Please advise and thanks

Hi Juni,

We built with McDonald Jones Homes. They have lots of H&L too. Their base price might be a bit higher, but lots of upgrades are included already.

Hi Ganilton,

Good to hear that you built your house with MJH.
We are also going with MJH which will be starting next year after land registration.
How did you go so far?
Any tips for us for color studio and other stuff?

Thanks,
Jay
jayjshah2612
Hello Everyone !!!

Thanks,
Jay

Stay on to of them, make sure you know what you're after.
Research, research and research, don't just accept what they tell you if it's not what you want.
Other wise so far they are good.
On our second CSL and she has been brilliant.

Hi all, we will be commencing our build in Denham park stage 8a in the next 3-4 weeks. very excited to be a part of such a new community.
jayjshah2612
Ganilton
Juni
Hi Guys,

Just wondering

Please advise and thanks

Hi Juni,

Hi Ganilton,

Good to hear that you built your house with MJH.
We are also going with MJH which will be starting next year after land registration.
How did you go so far?
Any tips for us for color studio and other stuff?

Thanks,
Jay

Hi Jay,

It's been great so far, we are happy with the build. Our colour studio consultants, CLO and SS are all very helpful.

We did a lot research online before we went to the full day colour appointment. How much upgrades cost, what are easier to be done with MJH and what can be done after handover to save big bucks, ect.

We checked out many display homes (doesn't matter it's MJH or not) to see and touch the products/materials, landscaping, lighting and so on.

There is a MJH forum on Homeone, which we found very helpful.
Here is the link
[URL]
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=34426&start=13460[/URL]

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM us
Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum