Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Willowdale

Page 65 of 165
Our settlement is June 12th! Woohoo!! FINALLY!
Nimsy
Our settlement is June 12th! Woohoo!! FINALLY!

Congratulation!!
Thanks everyone and congrats to all as well for hitting rego, it will be fun meeting each other during the build process. Hopefully the rest of stage 2 can register nice and quick too so we can have a nice completed stage sooner than later.
Agreed Divis! How long from registration does it usually take to actually start building do you know? Hopefully it is quick!!!
Hi all,
Wondering if any of our future neighbours are on here? lots 2113, 2115 or 2107 ???
katieogi1
Agreed Divis! How long from registration does it usually take to actually start building do you know? Hopefully it is quick!!!

Hi katieogi1,
From what ive seen on this forum your looking at around another 2 months until they actually start.
Registration - start
Settlement - 2 weeks
Update plans & Contours - 1 week
Order basix - 1 week
Lodge to stockland - 2 weeks
lodge to CDC - 2 weeks
or
lodge to council - 4 weeks.

This is the rough time frame that my builder gave me.
Hi Divis, awww thats too long haha! I spoke to willowdale yesterday and the girl advised our settlement is due 12th june. Hopefully the build itself does not take too long! Would be fantastic before christmas however i doubt that!
Hey everyone! We've officially moved into Navigator Street yay!
Just wondering who everyone used for their antenna installation and how much it cost them? Thanks!
Whooohooo SarahRust....congratulations!! I will be there soon...probably by the end of this month!!
My antenna was done by Clarendon but any sparky would be able to do it for you.
All the best.

SarahRust
Hey everyone! We've officially moved into Navigator Street yay!
Just wondering who everyone used for their antenna installation and how much it cost them? Thanks!
Big congrats SaraRust!
All the best for the end of the month aps!

Sent using Tapatalk
Thanx PixiGT.

PixiGT
Big congrats SaraRust!
All the best for the end of the month aps!

Sent using Tapatalk
Hi everyone. Was wondering if anyone could recommend any good fencers/landscapers. Need to also have retaining walls built under the fence. Cheers!
Lara83
Hi everyone. Was wondering if anyone could recommend any good fencers/landscapers. Need to also have retaining walls built under the fence. Cheers!

Hi Lara83,
I've PM'd thru the details of my tradesmen in case you'd like to give them a call

Sent using Tapatalk
Could someone give me a rough idea for the overall building cost if the builders base price is 188k(including standard site costs)...I mean how much on top of this 188k we need to estimate? Say another 40k? base price doesn't include the landscaping and turf...this is a 4bd rm , double garage house. Pls give me approx figures from ur experience ..thanks

rk7
Could someone give me a rough idea for the overall building cost if the builders base price is 188k(including standard site costs)...I mean how much on top of this 188k we need to estimate? Say another 40k? base price doesn't include the landscaping and turf...this is a 4bd rm , double garage house. Pls give me approx figures from ur experience ..thanks

Hi rk7, when I was looking around (end of 2013/early 2014), this type of build (4/2/2, <500mm fall, single storey) above base prices (which ranged between 140K to 200K) I was looking at an extra 110K to 180K to get the place built (ie: all the extra fees for council, BASIX, below ground work, etc) - not including fences, landscaping & concreting (but including driveway). That included promos & upgrades for general things like stone bench tops, better insulation, better carpet, better air con, but standard everything else (so approx 30-35K of that amount would be for these things, the rest for construction related costs).
I went with a builder that had a fixed price contract that included everything instead, as I wanted to plan my budget using a 'top down' sort of approach, then I was able to estimate fairly accurately for the add ons like upgrades etc (rather than having not just inclusion cost variables, but construction cost variables too which can be much harder to estimate at the beginning of the process).
All the best with your build

Sent using Tapatalk
rk7

Hi rk7,

Your looking at around 300 - 350K finished move in depending on how many upgrades you do (believe me you WILL upgrade lol).
PixiGT
rk7

Hi rk7, when I was looking around (end of 2013/early 2014), this type of build (4/2/2, <500mm fall, single storey) above base prices (which ranged between 140K to 200K) I was looking at an extra 110K to 180K to get the place built (ie: all the extra fees for council, BASIX, below ground work, etc) - not including fences, landscaping & concreting (but including driveway). That included promos & upgrades for general things like stone bench tops, better insulation, better carpet, better air con, but standard everything else (so approx 30-35K of that amount would be for these things, the rest for construction related costs).
I went with a builder that had a fixed price contract that included everything instead, as I wanted to plan my budget using a 'top down' sort of approach, then I was able to estimate fairly accurately for the add ons like upgrades etc (rather than having not just inclusion cost variables, but construction cost variables too which can be much harder to estimate at the beginning of the process).
All the best with your build

thanks PixiGT, that sounds too high...looks like I'm better off with H&L package then...

Sent using Tapatalk
I was offered a block with 1.5m easement on the side and back ...this is for drain water easement ...what r the pros n cons of such a block...can we ask for a discount on such a block...given that nearly 70 sq mt is reserved for these easement requirements (in addition to standard easement)

rk7
I was offered a block with 1.5m easement on the side and back ...this is for drain water easement ...what r the pros n cons of such a block...can we ask for a discount on such a block...given that nearly 70 sq mt is reserved for these easement requirements (in addition to standard easement)

You will not get a discount on the block considering such a block would already be valued less then a block with the absence of the easements.
However this section of the block may still be utilized for general landscaping etc. and you may build a shed or such an item within the easement boundary only to have an extra charge and/or damage to the items should council perform any emergency repair/maintenance.
Pros are you can still use the section for anything that can be removed, Cons you cant build a pool up to the fence line, I have a 1.5m easement at the back of our block also so I have to result in getting a narrow pool on the side of the house (The troubles we live with lol). On the other hand I have never seen council come and destroy someones land to perform any works (If anyone has please share).
DiViS
rk7

You will not get a discount on the block considering such a block would already be valued less then a block with the absence of the easements.
However this section of the block may still be utilized for general landscaping etc. and you may build a shed or such an item within the easement boundary only to have an extra charge and/or damage to the items should council perform any emergency repair/maintenance.
Pros are you can still use the section for anything that can be removed, Cons you cant build a pool up to the fence line, I have a 1.5m easement at the back of our block also so I have to result in getting a narrow pool on the side of the house (The troubles we live with lol). On the other hand I have never seen council come and destroy someones land to perform any works (If anyone has please share).

Ditto, but 900mm easement on mine. If you are concerned about comparative price, just work it out per square M compared to a block without an easement in the same release, that will give you an idea of the valuation with easement

Sent using Tapatalk
Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum