Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Beaumont Hills Custom Build - Plastering and doors installed

Page 3 of 4
I guess rendering takes time, I think it is coming along nicely.

I did my tile selection today, went well, I did not want to sign off today, thought come home and give some thought to it as I am nowhere near start of build.
I took photos of the selection but the photo does not look the same as real.
Went with same tile for floor and wall, feature wall different colour. My wife wanted printed feature wall but it is not in our range and the tile we had selected already had some prints.
Will go again before they start construction and finalize the selection.
maximus
What date was site scrape? Would be interesting to compare progress time-wise with my build.

site scrape was first week of May. I have been comparing yours during the initial stages and mine is delayed.
I have been receiving rain delay notices from WDC though. However, the last 2 weeks were no progress at all, even with a great weather.
I am glad it is moving now though.
firsthome2

I did my tile selection today, went well, I did not want to sign off today, thought come home and give some thought to it as I am nowhere near start of build.
Went with same tile for floor and wall, feature wall different colour. My wife wanted printed feature wall but it is not in our range and the tile we had selected already had some prints.

The thing I like about Adorn is they give you suggestions. I actually went twice to them when I had to select the shower grates.
That's good that you get time to think it over. My wife had a change of mind after a few weeks of signing off. Unfortunately, they have ordered the tiles already.
firsthome2

We did the same- selected them about 4 weeks ago but only signed off last Thursday. It was a decision I didn't want to rush. In fact I popped in several times over the few weeks just to check on the selections as the initial visit can be a bit overwhelming. I was really impressed at the huge variety we could choose from and Chris was really good about suggesting ideas but not pushing.
Consider having your tile grout in the wet-areas / bathrooms sealed.

In hindsight I wish I had it done. It wasn't offered or mentioned as something to consider.
Thanks Maximus, When I did the tile selection, I was not mentioned about it either. I will ask them when I go and sign.
I asked about sealing the grout and was shown the recommended product. They sell it at adorn- I can't remember the price but it was not outrageous and something we definitely plan to do before moving in. We are also going to seal garage floor.
Speaking of garage floor, I wanted a similar one as what you did with yours having it painted, maximus.
I asked my SS if I can upgrade on that and he just told me that it saves me having it DIY.

How much did it cost you to have it painted?
That was $825 and done as part of my contract.

To do it yourself - probably around $300 if you don't have everything below:
- paving paint perhaps $100
- high-pressure cleaner - maybe $30 for an attachment on your hose
- garden blower/vac - maybe $50 for a basic one on a cord
- rollers and a long handle, paint trays - perhaps $50
- masking tape and brushes - for edges - perhaps $20
- concrete filler and spatula - perhaps $20
- whatever your time is worth
( 1 - 2 hrs for the trip to the hardware store )
( 2 hrs for washing floor of garage and sweeping water out )
( 10 minutes for air blower )
( 30 minutes for filling any holes or cracks in concrete )
( 2 coats ), 2 hrs per coat ( allowing for doing vertical edges of slab with a brush or small roller )
( cleanup of painting equipment - 30 minutes per coat )

Easily spend a minimum of 8 hrs doing all the above.
You could look at epoxy for garage as well, not sure how much it will cost you. I had included in my tender.
firsthome2
You could look at epoxy for garage as well, not sure how much it will cost you. I had included in my tender.

Thanks, I'll do a research on that post-completion.
My "Post-completion" list is piling up. I have a few regrets now, where I could have included upgrades in the tender.
only if we ever build again.
Can't imagine going through the stress again.
I missed a lot of things as well, some were interpretation of the sales talk and what is in the contract.
Any progress on your build?
Sorry hasnt updated for a while. Went for a short holiday and other things on my plate aside from the stress of building.
Anyway, facade is taking shape now with the renders. Builder had a bit of hard time with the modern structuring so it took them a bit of time.
Anyway, see photos below:

Once the scaffoldings are gone then I hope We get a great view of the house

Targetting to do electricals this week.

looks nice, but hard to see how the full house will look like.
is this a full corner window? was it upstairs?
Yes this one is upstairs. Full corner window. Apparently they had to have it custom made so took time to have it delivered in the site

I really wanted this, but did not think about it until it was too late. I wish I had it.
Just a few more progress photos if anyone is still following my thread lol
Gyprock/plastering expected to finish today. Next two weeks would be internal fittings and doors. My house is taking shape now.

I went there on a saturday and really good to see people working on my site. Bought some beers and hopefully it inspired them to work faster lol

Good to see it taking shape. Looks great.
You'll get lots of natural light there.

Related
19/08/2023
Solid plastering around door frames - help... so confused :(

General Discussion

If this is a custom build then I would expect the builder to set out the door frame closer to the wall to avoid the gap between architrave and the wall and or specify…

5/02/2024
Pool Builders, in and around The Hills Greater Sydney

Building A New House

Thanks again Simeon for being so elaborate. Appreciate it. Its gives us a very idea. Kind Regards

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum